“How I got an internship in DRDO without any contacts or letter of recommendation?” & a Cover Letter

December 2nd, 2011 133 comments

A first hand account of a student’s dilemmas and fights to grab an internship in a prestigious institution, DRDO. Shekhar shares how he decided to go on his own and also shares with us the perfect cover letter that helped him land the internship, in his own words.

About Author: Shekhar Jain is a student of M.Sc Electronics and did his graduation from Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi University. He has a strong interest in spreading information and is passionate about different aspects of Material Sciences. He aims to become a teacher in future or a social worker. In his own words, “Rest depends upon God.”

For all of us in our college, the real hunt for internship began in January. We started bugging our seniors to provide us with valuable contacts and necessary tips to help us grab our coveted internships. As usual, the seniors were at their usual bests and they motivated us and helped us with many important tips (like forwarding CV to different companies, search Internet for contacts/mail-ids and etc.). But nothing concrete was coming out of the conversations except gentle pats on our backs and the ever-green divine set of words from the seniors that “Don’t worry bro. Ho jayega”. Time was running out really fast and it was already mid February. Even then, we had no clue what we were going to do. So I decided to go my own way and after thinking for a while I decided to approach companies/professors by mailing them individually. So, when I sat down to do exactly that I realized that the first thing required was a decent cover letter and a CV as an attachment. After some initial hiccups, I finally managed to write a cover letter and a CV and sent it to my friend Niharika for a review. This was necessary since I wanted those to be as error-free as possible and to make sure that all the things were written well. Luckily, she found many mistakes and did required editing for me. After few exchanges of mails I had my CV with very few errors and a decent looking cover letter as well.

I must mention that without her tedious editing efforts, the job would have been tougher for me. For example, in my original cover letter I started with a ‘Hello Sir’. Niharika changed it to ‘Respected Sir’. Similarly at many places punctuation errors and more effective words were used by her. No big edits, but these small changes can work wonders, as actually happened with me.

After I finalized my CV and the cover letter, came the toughest phase of the entire process of applying for the internship. I had to get contacts, mail-IDs of professors, HODs and details of places where I can apply for my work. I had a strong interest for a research related internship, which I knew would give me a better perspective for my PhD or my teaching career in the future. Google, as always, came to the rescue. I looked into every Research Institute’s website and collected email-IDs.

I knew the time had come for me to act as level headed and matured as I could be. Because even a tiny mistake during the process of mailing the professors/HODs/institute contacts will cost me big in terms of my career. I never mailed my contacts right after scooping them out of the internet. I had to judge its validity and, in turn, its importance to me. I also took precaution to save myself from unexpected accidents of mailing a single person more then once. The last thing I wanted was to spam my potential employers. I chose a day to mail all of them at once and did so. This apparently-simple thing took at least two three weeks to complete.

Things were not much brighter preliminarily, as I was repeatedly getting negative replies. I reached a point when I decided to compromise it all and settle for something else. The very next day I received a mail from SSPL saying that I have been selected for interning with them.

I accept that I was really lucky with the selection in SSPL. Getting into SSPL or any other laboratory of DRDO is not as easy as it may sound here. One has to be really good and impressive, with his communication skills as well as the academia for getting a chance in DRDO.

I realized later that the single thing which got me this internship was my habit of not quitting in any circumstances. Perseverance and trusting my own abilities paid. In the end, I got to spend quality time at SSPL and also did a project titled “CNT and Graphene: Growth and Characterization”.

For all those who are in similar situation as I was last year, I wish you all the best and would urge you not to quit. I am also attaching the cover letter that got me in SSPL – hope this helps. Please don’t copy paste it blindly – rather understand how one should write an effective cover letter without any jargon and general vagueness. Remember relevance is the key.

Respected Sir,

I am currently doing my M.Sc. in Electronics under Delhi University. I completed my graduation from Sri Venkateswara College, which is under Delhi University as well, with an aggregate of 74 percent marks.

I have a simple query: Is it possible for me to carry out some quality work as a part of my Summer Internship in your prestigious R&D laboratory?

The area of my interest is ‘Semiconductor’ and my future research pursuits will be in the same field. I have also done an add-on course in Nanotechnology, during my graduation. In the future, I would like to carry out research in this field and possibly use my skills to disseminate my fair share of knowledge to others.

In this aspect, you should know that I was a part of an experiment to observe and analyze the scientific aspects related to solar eclipses during the total solar eclipse of 22nd July, 2009. The experiment which we performed during the eclipse consisted of recording the variation of light intensity with time with the help of an improvised device consisting of LDR (Light Dependent Resistance). In another similar experiment, I was able to record shadow bands (Shadow bands is a phenomenon which occurs just few minutes before totality and after totality during the eclipse. In this phenomenon some bands of variable thickness, from few centimeters to few millimeters can be observed on floor and walls), which was done by a setup of a camera recording the changes which occurred over a white sheet where the sun’s light was falling. Our group was one of the three groups who were able to record the shadow bands.
A complete report on our solar eclipse experimentation was covered by Dr R. Ramachandran, Chief Science Editor of ‘Frontline’ magazine. Dr. Ramachandran himself is an NSTS Scholar and a PhD in Theoretical Physics from TIFR. The article can be seen here: http://www.frontlineonnet.com/fl2618/stories/20090911261804100.htm

The most interesting part in our whole experiment was that the whole group devised their instruments on their own by using available resources like easily available household products. We also gave successful presentations of the experimentation in three different well-known colleges in and around Delhi.

Thanks for your precious time. For your kind perusal, I have enclosed my curriculum vitae with this letter. I’m looking forward to hear from you soon.

With regards,

Shekhar Jain

Attachment:

[Brief CV. Please find the attachment.]

Comments

comments

Like Internshala on Facebook
  1. Shekhar
    December 4th, 2011 at 22:50 | #1

2. Gautam Jayasurya
    December 5th, 2011 at 18:31 | #2

Interesting post. I did a refinement of my own CV and cover letter.

3. gitansh
    January 13th, 2012 at 00:19 | #3

thanks shekhar. is there any computer science or IT related lab at DRDO?

4. shekhar
    January 13th, 2012 at 00:48 | #4

Ummmm gitansh in SSPL, in the lab where i worked, they had significant amount of IT related work. They always need to interface instrument with computers so IT people can do a lot there.
    Otherwise you have to search there website for the info. they may have something related to these fields

5. preeti
    January 16th, 2012 at 21:46 | #5

hi shekhar and thanks for this post. I am doing CSE,BE,IIT Ropar .I am second year student. I want to have my summer internship from here wht should I do to have this ?

6. shekhar
    January 22nd, 2012 at 13:25 | #6

this is what DRDO says about the intern ships issues
    source:

“”Student Training/Projects

We receive innumerous requests in connection with the summer internship/industrial training/project work in our organization i.e. DRDO. We are happy to know about enthusiasm of students to do their training in the organization. However, we would like to make you aware that DRDO comprises different laboratories spread across the country, the detailed addresses of which are available in DRDO website.

Each laboratory has a different field of research, development and core competence like armaments, materials, electronics, heavy vehicles, missiles, life sciences etc. about which you can get an overview from the website. As these are a cluster of laboratories under the aegis of Ministry of Defence, each has different training policies based on their security restrictions. The Director of the concerned lab is the only approving authority for such type of industrial trainings. We therefore suggest that you should directly contact the Director of the concerned lab in which you desire to get your training through the Head of your College/Institute. Any further clarifications regarding the training process and policies may also be obtained from the concerned lab in which you desire to have your training from. “”

Hope this is serving the needful.

And go to the individual website of each lab from the above mentioned link.
    thanks
    shekhar

7. Neelam
    January 31st, 2012 at 14:46 | #8

I have sent mails to Director, INMAS, DRL but there is no response from their side. What should I do? Does they give any response to our mails???…please help…..

8. gaurav
    February 5th, 2012 at 00:36 | #10

hi shekhar. i m doing btech 3 yr. with material science and metallurgical engg. and i am also interested in doing my summer training from DRDO.To which lab i should apply and to whom i should send my CV . i m also applying for iitm internship programme……….tell me about the procedure.please reply…

9. February 13th, 2012 at 21:15 | #11

mr shekhar i am a first year student of b.sc programme course from delhi univ. i want to utilize my semesterbreaks so can you please tell me if i can get an oppurtunity to intern at drdo or any other such institute in delhi.i have also attended workshop on semiconductors.
    plz guide me the right path………….
    i shall be waiting for your reply

10. Laksh
    February 17th, 2012 at 12:53 | #12

Hi Sir. Could you please give me an idea as to what kind of projects would be approved by IITm for the summer intern?

11. shekhar
    February 20th, 2012 at 14:58 | #13

Replies:
    Neelam : They don’t have time to send Acknowledgements. As already mentioned by the DRDO they receive many application for internships so it will be better to wait for a while. It is never a confirmation that one will get internship just by mailing cover letter as CV. i myself sent atleast 10 mails to different institutes and just 3-4 replied me. Be patience and work hard.And my advice will be wait for a while before writing another mail on same ID. Things will definitely change. Best Of luck..

Hey Gaurav: i think procedure is well explained in the article. And rest all the labs takes intern differently.For that you have to read their respective web page.
    i think this link will be helpful

see the link and click lab details and decide where you wants to go. for more details see the kind of work they do. Best of luck :)

Hey Shubham: If you are a first year student then i will say getting a chance in DRDO is bit difficult. I will rather suggest, go to different professors and associate professor who are doing work in the respective field.And ask them for work. There are many professors who encourage students and for giving them exposure to there labs. Go to Delhi university website and see there.And interact with your seniors. there must be some teachers in your college who has some grant and project and they can give some work to you. anyway you can apply to different different internships listed in the portal. BTW If you can tell me your college then i may able to help you more….

hey laksh :
    possibly your question cant be answered.(may be someone from IIT M could answer this )But yeah i can tell you a way by which you will get to know what kind of work is going in IIT M

open google scholar and then type IIT madras in search bar. you will see many research papers. play around with the date and decide yourself :)
    link to google scholar

12. shekhar jain
    February 26th, 2012 at 17:39 | #14

13. shekhar jain
    March 5th, 2012 at 22:20 | #15

hey gaurav: sorry for the late reply.
    I will say go to DRDO’s lab and see details for different labs. They have given some details about what kind of work they do.

14. shekhar jain
    March 5th, 2012 at 22:23 | #16

shubham singh :
    plz guide me the right path………….
    i shall be waiting for your reply

hey shubham i will say it is difficult to get internship in DRDO at this level but you must try. And if you are a delhi university student then i will say interact with your seniors an d teachers. These days university and college profs are getting good decent projects and they encourage students for doing some good work. so by interacting with your teachers you will come to know what kind of work is going on in your college and where you can adjust yourself.

15. shekhar jain
    March 5th, 2012 at 22:26 | #17

Laksh :

hey laksh I think the lind of question you have asked is pretty difficult to answer, may some one from the university could answer this. but yeah what all i can suggest you is go to google scholar and then type IIT madras and see the kind of papers have been published from IIT M in past one year. This will definitely helo you in deciding what you want. I know application deadline for IIT M is over but you can try this for deciding project for other internships.
    god bless all.
    best of luck to all :D

16. Aarohi
    March 8th, 2012 at 18:46 | #18

hie shekhar ….
    i am a b.tech 4th sem student of electronics nd i wish for a summer internship at the end of this sem in delhi can u suggest me some options nd how to apply there…??

17. Kanika
    March 8th, 2012 at 19:45 | #19

Hello Shekhar,
    I am a B.Tech 6th sem student in ECE from ITM University, Gurgaon. I am very much passionate about robotics and have won 3rd position in IIT Delhi in robowars. My passion led me to give various seminars and workshops on the same and I have successfully got numerous good comments. My CGPA is 8.40 and I am a very keen and fast learner. Can you please suggest me some good places where I can enhance my skills and do a quality internship. I would really be grateful to look forward to your reply..!!

18. Kanika
    March 8th, 2012 at 19:48 | #20

I have also done 8051 and renessas microcontroller and feel that microcontrollers are the need of the day and demand of the future.

19. nitin singhal
    March 10th, 2012 at 12:37 | #21

sir,i am ec 3rd year student.i want to take summer training in drdo. to which laboratory and professor of drdo i should contact.my email id is–nitin.singhal93@yahoo.com

20. Shailender kumar
    March 12th, 2012 at 20:37 | #22

Respected Sir,

I am a MTech (Computer Science) going toward the end of my 1st year at KIIT, bhubaneswar. Further as you in 2nd year we all have to go for our thesis work, but the problem is I have 2-3 areas of interest like in dbms, networking well as in programming. Also i hv some experience in these fields. Hence i am confused where to go and with what field, so please guide me with the emerging scopes in these field keeping in view about the scope in DRDO or in other research organisations.

Hoping for your valuable and quick response. my email id – ershailenderkr@gmail.com
    ph-07735622630

Thanking you

21. shekhar jain
    March 17th, 2012 at 22:27 | #23

Aarohi :
    hie shekhar ….

Hey aarohi i think you must explore this portal a bit more and i think above post will definitely help you in understanding the things.

22. shekhar jain
    March 17th, 2012 at 22:32 | #24

Kanika :
    Hello Shekhar,

kanika upto my knowledge IIT bombay is a very good place to do things in robotics. NSIT do some research in robotics. Rest i am also a student so dont know much. i think someone from the portal may able to answer this query.

23. shekhar jain
    March 17th, 2012 at 22:39 | #25

nitin singhal :

hey nitin i think you can read previous replies for answer to your query

Shailender kumar :
    Respected Sir,
    ph-07735622630
    Thanking you

Shailender I am also a student and still learning. if that question was intended for me then i will say i cant answer your query. My knowledge is really limited. Sorry.

24. April 1st, 2012 at 16:16 | #26

I’m an Engineering student from reputed college of Indore, IET – DAVV and I’m in 3rd year of my engineering (Information Technology) and searching for better opportunities at Indore , such as RRCAT, and some private companies and most of the pvt. companies at Indore don’t provide internships. So what to do ? Where to find good internship at Indore or somewhere else ??

25. kanchan
    April 1st, 2012 at 22:44 | #28

hi shekar… i had a query .. to whom should send a cover letter n CV while applyin in DRDO, say as to director of that centre or any one elsse plz rply fast as much as possible..

thanx 4 ssharin u r experience in website…

26. shekhar
    April 5th, 2012 at 15:59 | #29

@kanchan

kanchan :
    thanx 4 ssharin u r experience in website…

THANKS FOR THE APPRECIATIONS
    and about your query: you have to contact Director of each lab and procedure for the same is already given on the website :D
    Read the other comments you will get to know more about the same
    Best of luck :)

27. Abhinav
    April 8th, 2012 at 15:40 | #30

Hi shekhar…..I am a Mechanical engg. student in 6th sem from KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.
    I have been selected for Internship at IMMT(Institute of Minerals and Material Technology, Bhubaneswar).The field that i have been given is “Design and Rural technology”.
    I don’t know much about this field and it seems to me that this field is not much related to my branch…….would u please put some light on this and give some suggestions too…….would it be right to go for this ?
    I would looking forward for ur reply.
    Thnk u !!

28. manish
    April 16th, 2012 at 16:42 | #31

hello sir,I am a ece student in 4th sem from gjus&t hisar.I would like to know that how i become able to know that i am selected or not for drdo summer program because i have sent my training letter in drdo but there is no reply from there.how i contact with them regarding this

29. shekhar
    April 27th, 2012 at 11:46 | #33

@manish
    No clue man. But they receive so many application that it is really difficult for them to acknowledge all the mails they receive.

30. rahul singh
    June 11th, 2012 at 01:15 | #34

hi shekhar iam a student of msc chemistry 2 yr how can i apply in drdo and where to proceed……………..

31. raima
    June 11th, 2012 at 14:43 | #35

hi shekhar,
    i hav completed my 1st yr ece frm nit and m lukin for internship in drdo for second yr summer break cud u kindly specify ne project that i can apply n how to n when to apply.

32. dhanalakshmi
    July 7th, 2012 at 00:05 | #36

hi shekar ,
    i wasted my 2nd year (mech) summer vacations and i didn’t apply for any …. Will i be able to get a chance to go for an internship in DRDO any time later

33. shekhar jaiin
    July 8th, 2012 at 12:50 | #37

rahul singh :

Hey Rahul process of applying to DORO has already been explained. Please go through the previous replies and go to DRDO website for same.

raima :
    hi shekhar,

Raima I really cant tell you the project in which you could apply for two reasons i) i dont know what your interest is and ii) i dont even know all the projects going in DROD.

dhanalakshmi :
    hi shekar ,

yes, dhanalashmi this world is fair enough for hard working people. If you work hard then you will get chances, that is what i have learnt so far from my small life.

34. shekhar jaiin
    July 8th, 2012 at 12:53 | #38

Hey People and Dear Readers,
    Just a simple Request, if anyone has any kind of feed back for this article please comment. I will love to know about if anyone was really benefited from this article !!! People who work hard and get chances are very good examples to motivate young folks.
    Please Reply
    Shekhar Jain

35. Raghavendra
    July 16th, 2012 at 20:24 | #39

hello shekar
    i am doing my MTech in computer networking & engg…,my area of interest is java pgmg,networking…,i want to know if any of the labs working on networking so i can apply for internship..pls help me

36. priya
    July 22nd, 2012 at 00:18 | #40

i am in 3rd year of electronics and communication enginnering .i am willing to do an internship in december 2012 in a company of my field in delhi.can u plz tell me which are those companies and what will i hv to do in order to apply for the internship.it can be either private or government . i will be having only 20 days vacation. plz reply as early as possible.
    thanks

37. Shekhar jain
    July 22nd, 2012 at 12:16 | #42

Raghavendra :
    hello shekar

well Raghavedr Not really hard to find. Just go onto respective website and see the project they have done in past and list of ongoing projects. you will get to know everything.

38. Shekhar jain
    July 22nd, 2012 at 12:20 | #43

priya :
    thanks

Priya ECE is a very vast subject and if you are saying internship of your field then you are doing injustice to yourself. Decide your interest first and then chose the company. And i really cant tell you about the companies since i myself go over the google/bing/ask/yahoo whenever i want to know about the companies. So i will also suggest you same. It will not take much time.

39. shravya
    July 22nd, 2012 at 21:18 | #44

Hai shekar,
    Iam shravya studying 3rd year Aeronautical engineering in Jawaharlal technological university,Hyderabad.Iam willing to do an internship in DRDO.Iam interested in missile technology and advanced space technology.I learnt mechanical designing and analysis softwares . Can you please tell me how to apply and in which laboratory of DRDO should i apply??Please help me…….
    Awaiting for your valuable response,
    shravya

40. swati
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:37 | #45

hello sir,.I am a student of m.Tech branch EC…tell me about the process of internship from DRDO….

41. Shekhar jain
    July 29th, 2012 at 11:55 | #46

shravya :
    Hai shekar,
    Iam shravya …….
    shravya

swati :
    hello sir,.

Hey Shravya and Swati,
    Please read the above discussion you will get your answers.

And Shravya I will suggest you go and check the website of ISRO and when you check the website try to figure out other important link section on website. or just google a bit on ISRO and related agencies. Rather then DRDO ISRO is a better place for you. Moreover you know about DRDO missile program from there website itself.

42. Shekhar jain
    July 29th, 2012 at 11:57 | #47

Moreover you CAN know about DRDO missile program from there website itself…***

43. vemula.chandana
    August 9th, 2012 at 11:05 | #48

i am in 4th year of electronics and communication enginnering .i am willing to do an internship in december 2012 in a company of my field in hyd.can u plz tell me which are those companies and what will i hv to do in order to apply for the internship.it can be either private or government . i will be having only 20 days vacation. plz reply as early as possible.
    thanks

• August 10th, 2012 at 21:26 | #49

Hi Vemula- Exciting Engineering internships are posted there. Have a look :)
      Internshala is a portal for internships from all over the world. You can search the website for internships and read the posts carefully to see the ‘Who can apply’ section.Stay tuned on Internshala, you should be able to find something relevant soon. Also sign up on Internconnect (http://www.internshala.com/internconnect) to see where all your seniors and people in your network have interned before and contact them for help – strongly recommended!”
      All the best!

Many Thanks
      LinkedIn- http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

44. Vishnu Rajan
    August 17th, 2012 at 17:26 | #50

Hi shekar,

i am vishnu rajan doing my final year mechanical at sastra university.
    my areas of interest are vehicular aerodynamics and general aerodynamics. To be frank i havent done only one project but its not in this field. moreover i have been trying to get a summer intern at many places in the automobile industry but it went in vain . once i read your blog , i figured it would take more time. getting in drdo is tough. but with my achievements , i might lose the edge . suggest a solution that might help…
    regards
    vishnu

45. shekhar
    September 8th, 2012 at 15:24 | #51

Vishnu Rajan :
    Hi shekar,
    i am vishnu rajan ……
    vishnu

H Vishnu.

Really a nice question you have asked for. I am really happy to see a different question. A simple question: what do you think how many students have something to write in there CV apart from academic credential they have ??

quite a few. So whenever you have applying any where keep two three things in mind and they are

You are really good with your presentation and words. No grammatical errors are accepted.
    show how much organize you are.

Make sure that your cover letter is showing something about your potential rather then showing some material which have copied from somewhere.

Be loyal Crisp and short.The other person has good understanding so you dont need to explain like if you are writing things to a child.

And write a good SOP, Statement of Purpose. Tell them in simple and polite words about your plans and why do you want to do internship at there place….

Review all the things from multiple angles. Life will be good.

In short SOP and Cover letter are the most important part for people who dont have anything to write in there CV. Focus upon them.

Best Of luck. Must write back if advices were helpful to you :D.

46. Anurag
    September 20th, 2012 at 13:31 | #52

Hello Sekhar bro,
    I am very much interested in doing research under DRDO in some specific Labs. The complete idea and procedure mentioned by you is helping me a lot in the process.

But I would like to have a look and read the Cover Letter you had sent them which got accepted. That would be a very big help for me which would help me write something good.

47. shekhar Jain
    September 26th, 2012 at 18:15 | #53

Anurag :
    Hello Sekhar bro,

Dear Read the complete post cover letter is there in the post itself.

Shekhar Jain

48. SHASHANK
    September 27th, 2012 at 00:14 | #54

HIII Shekhar, m a btech 3rd year metallurgy & materials student from NIT Durgapur..
    want internship in drdo..
    can u plz suggest me how to apply? wen to apply?
    details dat are important..???
    please

49. Arsh
    September 29th, 2012 at 19:57 | #55

Sir, I am MCA(H) 5th sem. student.In 6th sem i’ll go for training.Can i go for DRDO for industrial training.
    If not then can you suggest me any other networking companies that provide free training.

50. October 1st, 2012 at 12:37 | #56

@Arsh
    Hi Arsh – Please refer to the comments that have been posted above by other students and to which the author – Shekhar Jain has replied. If still your doubt isn’t cleared, you can contact the author on Facebook and he will guide you accordingly.

Many Thanks
    LinkedIn- http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

51. Aditya gupta
    October 26th, 2012 at 23:16 | #57

Hello shekhar
    i have completed my m.sc. (biotech) in sept. 2012. Now i want to work at drdo as project work (in order to enhance my research experience). Am i eligible to get so

52. shekhar jain
    October 27th, 2012 at 11:50 | #58

Hi Aditya,

Aditya gupta :
    Hello shekhar

Yes you are more then eligible to do so. And i will suggest you look for some JRF in DRDO and try to contact some scientist who is interested in taking interns and cleary mention the time period you want to work in DRDO. Also if you just want to enhance your work experience then go to some organization like IISc or IIT rather then DRDO. If you are doing research at DRDO then getting recognized for your work is difficult. Rest keep trying. Be happy best of luck.

53. Lakshmi Mukundan
    December 5th, 2012 at 16:29 | #59

Hii
    I am currently in my third year of electronics engineering at iit bhu varanasi..my grades are pretty good and i want to apply for internship in SSPL at DRDO..can you help me by sending me the email ids of professors in SSPL?

54. RONAK GUPTA .
    December 7th, 2012 at 13:31 | #60

I am third year student studying in BITS Pilani. I am interested in applying to DRDL, Hyderabad. Their website mentions that students must contact the director directly through the head of the academic institution you are studying in. Does this mean i need to speak to my college Dean and ask him to write a letter on my behalf.

55. December 8th, 2012 at 00:14 | #61

@Lakshmi Mukundan
    @RONAK GUPTA .

Hi – Did you read the previous comments of the students and replies of the author? Please do so. Even then if your query persists, then you can contact the author on Facebook/LinkedIn for more guidance.

Many thanks
    LinkedIn- http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

56. Pathi anang
    December 11th, 2012 at 10:04 | #62

hi,
    shekhar jain, i am Pathi anang doing My b.tech in ANNAMACHARYA INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, my steam is information technology pursing 4th year with 66% , has academic i want to do project in DRDL plz help me out how to apply for that

57. shekhar
    December 11th, 2012 at 23:22 | #63

In a way yes, SSPL website also mention the same,and it will be much better if you do so. But if your director is not agreeing on this then generate some courage. Make a good CV and cover letter and send it across.

Best of luck

RONAK GUPTA . :

58. swati deshpande
    January 4th, 2013 at 12:44 | #64

Good morning sir,
    I am (swati deshpande) currently pursuing MSc(electronics) 2nd year from osmania university hyderabad.My intrest is in communication area so, i want take internship and academic projects in drdl.
    so, please give me a way to fullfill my intrest.

thanking you

59. malik hamed
    January 5th, 2013 at 12:55 | #66

hi i am a final year ece student i want to get in an internship programme can u tell me how to get

60. jas sahib
    January 20th, 2013 at 00:39 | #68

Hey shekhar , u have to tell me how to apply in DRDO Delhi center labs for chemical and polymer engineering .
    or just reply me over my email id
    jasz_singh@yahoo.com

61. jas sahib
    January 20th, 2013 at 00:40 | #69

jas sahib :
    Hey shekhar , u have to tell me how to apply in DRDO Delhi center labs for chemical and polymer engineering internships .
    or just reply me over my email id
    jasz_singh@yahoo.com

62. January 28th, 2013 at 14:03 | #70

i am ece 2nd year student and i want to take internship in some company in period from my-june 2013 could you please tell some job alerts I am studying in Manipal university,jaipur.

63. raghav
    January 30th, 2013 at 21:47 | #72

hii i am a student of 4th sem electronics(instrumentation and control) in thapar university patial a which do u think are the best places to intern for..??

64. raghav
    January 30th, 2013 at 21:50 | #74

@raghav
    can i apply for drdo ntpc etc wats d procedure…?

65. January 31st, 2013 at 12:16 | #75

66. January 31st, 2013 at 12:18 | #77

@manisha kumari

manisha kumari :
    hi shekar … i am currently in 2 year , pursuing mech. engg. . will u pls tell me how i can apply for summer training of 2-3 months in drdo..i will be very thankfull if u kindly mail me at my email id.— mankum333@gmail.com

67. Puja Choudhary
    February 7th, 2013 at 00:46 | #78

Respected Sir, I m a B.Tech,3rd year student 4m Banasthali University.I want to do my 6 month summer training in DRDO.Will u pls tell me how i can apply for this?????

68. Adil khan
    February 19th, 2013 at 10:15 | #80

i am third year undergraduate b. tech student i want to do my summer training form drdo.
    please tell me how i will do itand also tell me what is the difference between summer training and internship.

69. ARVIND KUMAR
    February 19th, 2013 at 15:28 | #82

hi… shekhar i am a 3rd year student of computer science branch. i wanna internship from drdo so please tell me the process of appling this…………

70. March 5th, 2013 at 21:18 | #84

hiii shekar
    i m 2nd yr stdnt of mechanicl eng….is there any chanc for me to do the summer intern in drdo..cn u pls..tell me the process of applying

71. DEEPAK DUHAN
    March 20th, 2013 at 13:24 | #86

Hello Shekar,
    i wants to about the internship programme in HAL .

72. Deepanshu
    March 26th, 2013 at 21:31 | #87

Hey Shekhar.. ur blog was very helpful to me..
    Am doing engineering from 2nd year ECE branch and m also looking for some institutions where i could do my summer internship..
    but am confused with in wat subject i have interest.. actually i really dont know about it..
    i dont wanted to be in ECE branch as i hate these circuits subjects but i have learnt C++ and C in class 11th, 12th n 1st year..
    so please help me out with it n whether i can apply in any other government institutions without any links or contacts..

please help me bro…

73. shaik nizamuddin
    April 21st, 2013 at 08:19 | #88

HAPPY mrng Shekar sir..am NIzam pursuing my btec at brilliant college..am in 3rd year nw..i am intrestd in space Research field sir..bt accidentally came into eee stream…but now i want to fulfill my dream to become a scientist in this stream itself.i have an aggregate pf 76% sir..i will proove myself if i get an opportunity sir..pleaS help ME.i vl b lookng forward for your mesg sir..thankng you

74. sim
    April 25th, 2013 at 12:13 | #89

i am 3rd yr IT student from Indore.
    plz.. suggest me some IT companies for internship.

75. shekhar
    May 3rd, 2013 at 22:25 | #91

shaik nizamuddin :

hey shaik,

First a general it is never too late and search a bit to found things for yourself by this way you will get to know so many things which no one can tell you. It is about looking for meanings in a dictionary. When you look for one you read ten.

and next you can definitely go into space research. Keep looking on ISRO website. For past two years they are releasing vacancies for scientists. And if you want to become a scientinst in this stream only then start preparing for GATE and score decent marks and enroll yourself in some PHD course. OR start preparing for GRE and go abroad to do some research. Things will be great with you :D
    Rest
    Best of luck
    Shekhar Jain

76. gagan
    May 14th, 2013 at 23:18 | #92

shekhar,

thanx for the info….it is all there, but one thing i would lyk to ask, is, whether we have to apply to sslp through our institute, as the DRDO website says, or first we mail them on our own, and if any positive response is got, then we send application in hard copy???

plz elaborate, coz i will apply accordingly…

thanx

77. shekhar jain
    July 6th, 2013 at 00:07 | #93

gagan :
    shekhar,
    plz elaborate, coz i will apply accordingly…
    thanx

Gagan What i did was I just sent my application and when they gave a positive response I went there with my documents and a copy of mail. :) But i will suggest go via your institute :)

Thanks :D

78. shirisha
    July 6th, 2013 at 12:29 | #94

gudmng sir,
    i am shirisha,pursued b.tech in mechatronics in MGIT recently…i have an aggragate of 76% sir..i heard that drdo is not releasing any notifications for SET exam from past 3 yrs..but my dream is to work in such a reputed organization(drdo)..plz suggest me any other way to get in to drdo…and if possible i want to do internship or training in drdo…plzz help me out sir.
    .thank u

79. priyanka
    July 11th, 2013 at 18:59 | #95

sir,m student of 3rd year electronics.i want to do my industrial training from DRDO,can u plz tel me how to apply for the training over there

80. July 20th, 2013 at 11:47 | #97

sir.em dng mtech in cse.dne with 1st yr,for 2nd yr project i am interresd fo intrnship.i hav 78.62% in mtech 1st sem..nd B.E agree 73%.plz do help me.

81. ranjan
    July 26th, 2013 at 04:01 | #99

Hi shekhar..
    i m 4th yr (B. Tech) student, i wanted to apply for internship at DEAL(DRDO lab). How to apply for this?? i cant find director’s email address. plz suggest…

82. July 28th, 2013 at 13:06 | #100

Dear Ranjan,

Please try contacting Shekhar at FB and message him the details you need.

Thanks!
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

83. swati
    August 8th, 2013 at 16:19 | #101

hi shekar..this is swati.iam studing b.tech 4th year.i want to do my main project in drdo on embedded system.how can i approch

84. August 9th, 2013 at 14:08 | #102

Hi Swati,

It would be best to connect with Shekhar on Facebook to know all the necessary details. Also he has replied to student’s queries in the comments section below. Please go through them to have a better idea about the internship application process and requirements.

Thanks!
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

85. September 19th, 2013 at 11:55 | #103

Hiii Shekhar, i am a student of B.tech 3rd year and i want know how i got an internship in DRDO without any contact??

86. September 20th, 2013 at 09:54 | #104

Hi Parul

Please try finding Shekhar on FB and message him your query as he may not be following this post.

Also subscribe to Internshala (http://blog.internshala.com/internshala-subscribe/) and you’ll receive alerts on all future internships.

Many thanks
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

87. nitesh
    September 22nd, 2013 at 15:30 | #105

hello sir
    how can I complete my 6 month internship in DRDO
    I M in B.tech 7th sem.(ECE)

88. September 23rd, 2013 at 12:55 | #106

Hi Nitesh,

Many thanks
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

89. September 23rd, 2013 at 16:28 | #107

90. sumit
    October 3rd, 2013 at 16:02 | #108

hello sir, i am an ECE 4th yr student and i want to do my 6 months training at drdo…Is the Chandigarh tbrl lab suitable for me and what will be my suitable field in this lab…….please reply…

91. October 4th, 2013 at 09:57 | #109

Hi Sumit,

Many thanks
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

92. amit
    October 8th, 2013 at 00:54 | #110

@shekhar
    Dear shekhar , i am phd 1st year student .i want to know about what is your suggestion for sspl lab.can i persue my research work from that lab .is this lab has sufficient resources.

Thanks and regards
    amit

93. October 8th, 2013 at 14:32 | #111

Hi Amit,

Also subscribe to Internshala (http://www.internshala.com/subscribe/) and you’ll receive alerts on all future internships.

Many thanks
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

94. swati
    October 24th, 2013 at 16:12 | #112

hi shaker,,dis is swati i am pursuning b.tech 4 th year frm ece branch i want do my main project in drdo and how can i get the internship frm the drdo plz infm

95. swathi
    October 24th, 2013 at 16:16 | #113

hi shaker,,dis is swati i am pursuning b.tech 4 th year frm ece branch i want do my main project in drdo and also hw can get the internship frm drdo plz rly to my mail as mensioned above

96. October 24th, 2013 at 18:22 | #114

Hi Swati,

Many thanks
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

97. Sowjanya
    November 17th, 2013 at 14:36 | #115

Hi,Shekar…..this is sowjanya…at present i am persuing mtech(control systems)…i want to have a internship at drdo/isro….can you please help to find the way…….

98. November 18th, 2013 at 08:55 | #116

Hi Sowjanya,

Many thanks
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

99. NUTAN MISHRA
    November 24th, 2013 at 08:10 | #117

HELLO SIR,
    I’M A STUDENT OF 3rd YEAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FROM UPTU WITH 74% AGG.TIL 4TH SEM. I ALSO WANT TO WORK AS AN INTERN IN THE LABS OF DRDO. I HAVE DONE A SUMMER TRAINNING IN INDIAN RAILWAYS ALSO.
    M I ELIGIBLE FOR THE INTERNSHIP IN DRDO? AS U HAVE MADE IT ON YOUR OWN AND YOU HAVE A GREAT EXPERIENCE WORKING THERE,I REQUEST YOU TO MENTOR ME THROUGH THIS. PLEASE TELL ME THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE SAME,WHEN TO SEND THEM AND HOW TO SEND THEM
    THANKS

100. November 25th, 2013 at 17:12 | #118

Hi Nutan,

You can have a look at this list – http://internshala.com/internships/engineering-internship and find anything suitable.

Many thanks
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

101. saikiran
    January 9th, 2014 at 21:11 | #119

hi sekhar.
    this is saikiran now i’m in btech 3rd year how can i get internship from DRDO…..
    plese reply

102. sivaranjini
    February 10th, 2014 at 12:13 | #121

i want to proceed my research scholar in DRDO as i had completed my ME in cse i wish to do their plz provide me necessary details and how to work through that organisation..

103. Tanmay
    February 11th, 2014 at 19:06 | #123

Hi Shekhar,

Is there’s a chance of getting hired after pursuing internship from a lab of drdo? will it be a scientist post or a technician?

104. Aman
    February 12th, 2014 at 17:07 | #125

Hi shekar sir
    I am 3rd year student ..can u suggest me electronic department and how can I contact them for my internship .. tel me there mail id where I can send my all the details.

105. Bhuvankaushik
    February 16th, 2014 at 11:10 | #126

Hello Shekar,
    I am 3rd year student pursuing Electronics Engineering from Nagpur. For Summer term internship I want to work in DRDO. Can you guide me in much more details to proceed further.
    Thank you .

106. laasya
    February 27th, 2014 at 12:11 | #128

hi… i am pursuing my m.pharmacy in pharmaceutics and i am interested to do a project in DRDO hyderabad as i want to proceed further in research…
    I dont know any one at DRDO. So could you please tell me how should i apply for an project internship

107. Mounika
    February 28th, 2014 at 19:09 | #130

Hai Mr.Shekar, could u please info regarding the lab related to Mechanical in DRDO?
    Thanks in advance

108. kk
    March 22nd, 2014 at 20:51 | #132

sir what is the eligibility criteria for 6 weeks training in DRDO?

Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Refund & Cancellation Policy