A first hand account of a student’s dilemmas and fights to grab an internship in a prestigious institution, DRDO. Shekhar shares how he decided to go on his own and also shares with us the perfect cover letter that helped him land the internship, in his own words.

About Author: Shekhar Jain is a student of M.Sc Electronics and did his graduation from Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi University. He has a strong interest in spreading information and is passionate about different aspects of Material Sciences. He aims to become a teacher in future or a social worker. In his own words, “Rest depends upon God.”

For all of us in our college, the real hunt for internship began in January. We started bugging our seniors to provide us with valuable contacts and necessary tips to help us grab our coveted internships. As usual, the seniors were at their usual bests and they motivated us and helped us with many important tips (like forwarding CV to different companies, search Internet for contacts/mail-ids and etc.). But nothing concrete was coming out of the conversations except gentle pats on our backs and the ever-green divine set of words from the seniors that “Don’t worry bro. Ho jayega”. Time was running out really fast and it was already mid February. Even then, we had no clue what we were going to do. So I decided to go my own way and after thinking for a while I decided to approach companies/professors by mailing them individually. So, when I sat down to do exactly that I realized that the first thing required was a decent cover letter and a CV as an attachment. After some initial hiccups, I finally managed to write a cover letter and a CV and sent it to my friend Niharika for a review. This was necessary since I wanted those to be as error-free as possible and to make sure that all the things were written well. Luckily, she found many mistakes and did required editing for me. After few exchanges of mails I had my CV with very few errors and a decent looking cover letter as well.

I must mention that without her tedious editing efforts, the job would have been tougher for me. For example, in my original cover letter I started with a ‘Hello Sir’. Niharika changed it to ‘Respected Sir’. Similarly at many places punctuation errors and more effective words were used by her. No big edits, but these small changes can work wonders, as actually happened with me.

After I finalized my CV and the cover letter, came the toughest phase of the entire process of applying for the internship. I had to get contacts, mail-IDs of professors, HODs and details of places where I can apply for my work. I had a strong interest for a research related internship, which I knew would give me a better perspective for my PhD or my teaching career in the future. Google, as always, came to the rescue. I looked into every Research Institute’s website and collected email-IDs.

I knew the time had come for me to act as level headed and matured as I could be. Because even a tiny mistake during the process of mailing the professors/HODs/institute contacts will cost me big in terms of my career. I never mailed my contacts right after scooping them out of the internet. I had to judge its validity and, in turn, its importance to me. I also took precaution to save myself from unexpected accidents of mailing a single person more then once. The last thing I wanted was to spam my potential employers. I chose a day to mail all of them at once and did so. This apparently-simple thing took at least two three weeks to complete.

Things were not much brighter preliminarily, as I was repeatedly getting negative replies. I reached a point when I decided to compromise it all and settle for something else. The very next day I received a mail from SSPL saying that I have been selected for interning with them.

I accept that I was really lucky with the selection in SSPL. Getting into SSPL or any other laboratory of DRDO is not as easy as it may sound here. One has to be really good and impressive, with his communication skills as well as the academia for getting a chance in DRDO.

I realized later that the single thing which got me this internship was my habit of not quitting in any circumstances. Perseverance and trusting my own abilities paid. In the end, I got to spend quality time at SSPL and also did a project titled “CNT and Graphene: Growth and Characterization”.

For all those who are in similar situation as I was last year, I wish you all the best and would urge you not to quit. I am also attaching the cover letter that got me in SSPL – hope this helps. Please don’t copy paste it blindly – rather understand how one should write an effective cover letter without any jargon and general vagueness. Remember relevance is the key.

—————————————————————-

Respected Sir,

I am currently doing my M.Sc. in Electronics under Delhi University. I completed my graduation from Sri Venkateswara College, which is under Delhi University as well, with an aggregate of 74 percent marks.

I have a simple query: Is it possible for me to carry out some quality work as a part of my Summer Internship in your prestigious R&D laboratory?

The area of my interest is ‘Semiconductor’ and my future research pursuits will be in the same field. I have also done an add-on course in Nanotechnology, during my graduation. In the future, I would like to carry out research in this field and possibly use my skills to disseminate my fair share of knowledge to others.

In this aspect, you should know that I was a part of an experiment to observe and analyze the scientific aspects related to solar eclipses during the total solar eclipse of 22nd July, 2009. The experiment which we performed during the eclipse consisted of recording the variation of light intensity with time with the help of an improvised device consisting of LDR (Light Dependent Resistance). In another similar experiment, I was able to record shadow bands (Shadow bands is a phenomenon which occurs just few minutes before totality and after totality during the eclipse. In this phenomenon some bands of variable thickness, from few centimeters to few millimeters can be observed on floor and walls), which was done by a setup of a camera recording the changes which occurred over a white sheet where the sun’s light was falling. Our group was one of the three groups who were able to record the shadow bands.
A complete report on our solar eclipse experimentation was covered by Dr R. Ramachandran, Chief Science Editor of ‘Frontline’ magazine. Dr. Ramachandran himself is an NSTS Scholar and a PhD in Theoretical Physics from TIFR. The article can be seen here: http://www.frontlineonnet.com/fl2618/stories/20090911261804100.htm

The most interesting part in our whole experiment was that the whole group devised their instruments on their own by using available resources like easily available household products. We also gave successful presentations of the experimentation in three different well-known colleges in and around Delhi.

Thanks for your precious time. For your kind perusal, I have enclosed my curriculum vitae with this letter. I’m looking forward to hear from you soon.

With regards,

Shekhar Jain

Attachment:

[Brief CV. Please find the attachment.]

If Shekhar’s experience motivates you, you may view the latest engineering internships and science internships.

Also, to apply for amazing internships like these, register with us here.

171 thoughts on ““How I got an internship in DRDO without any contacts or letter of recommendation?” & a Cover Letter

• December 4, 2011 at 10:50 PM

• October 25, 2015 at 5:39 PM

Respected sir,
      I’m kavery.I’m pursuing my b.tech in 3rd ece..kindly help me how to apply for internship in DRDO.

• December 5, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Interesting post. I did a refinement of my own CV and cover letter.

• January 13, 2012 at 12:19 AM

thanks shekhar. is there any computer science or IT related lab at DRDO?

• January 13, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Ummmm gitansh in SSPL, in the lab where i worked, they had significant amount of IT related work. They always need to interface instrument with computers so IT people can do a lot there.
    Otherwise you have to search there website for the info. they may have something related to these fields

• January 16, 2012 at 9:46 PM

hi shekhar and thanks for this post. I am doing CSE,BE,IIT Ropar .I am second year student. I want to have my summer internship from here wht should I do to have this ?

• April 7, 2015 at 8:00 PM

hi priyaa

• November 4, 2016 at 6:28 PM

Bhai padh le abhi bht sari Priya mil jayengi aage

• January 22, 2012 at 1:25 PM

this is what DRDO says about the intern ships issues
    source:

“”Student Training/Projects

We receive innumerous requests in connection with the summer internship/industrial training/project work in our organization i.e. DRDO. We are happy to know about enthusiasm of students to do their training in the organization. However, we would like to make you aware that DRDO comprises different laboratories spread across the country, the detailed addresses of which are available in DRDO website.

Each laboratory has a different field of research, development and core competence like armaments, materials, electronics, heavy vehicles, missiles, life sciences etc. about which you can get an overview from the website. As these are a cluster of laboratories under the aegis of Ministry of Defence, each has different training policies based on their security restrictions. The Director of the concerned lab is the only approving authority for such type of industrial trainings. We therefore suggest that you should directly contact the Director of the concerned lab in which you desire to get your training through the Head of your College/Institute. Any further clarifications regarding the training process and policies may also be obtained from the concerned lab in which you desire to have your training from. “”

Hope this is serving the needful.

And go to the individual website of each lab from the above mentioned link.
    thanks
    shekhar

• January 26, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Thanks Shekhar, very helpful of you :)

• March 27, 2016 at 4:41 PM

i am eee 6th sem how can iget intership in drdo

• March 28, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Hi Rohitha,

You may directly visit DRDO’s website.

There is a list of labs that fall under DRDO. Many of those labs require interns and you can find all the details on their lab page. Select the labs you want to apply to and proceed further.

Regards,

• January 31, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I have sent mails to Director, INMAS, DRL but there is no response from their side. What should I do? Does they give any response to our mails???…please help…..

• February 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM

A lot would depend on the ‘quality’ of the email that you write (refer to the sample SOP above) – looking at the comment above I think there is a LOT you can improve on.

Please surf around on the portal a little – you should be able to find something relevant.

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best!

Many thanks
      LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

• February 5, 2012 at 12:36 AM

hi shekhar. i m doing btech 3 yr. with material science and metallurgical engg. and i am also interested in doing my summer training from DRDO.To which lab i should apply and to whom i should send my CV . i m also applying for iitm internship programme……….tell me about the procedure.please reply…

• February 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM

mr shekhar i am a first year student of b.sc programme course from delhi univ. i want to utilize my semesterbreaks so can you please tell me if i can get an oppurtunity to intern at drdo or any other such institute in delhi.i have also attended workshop on semiconductors.
    plz guide me the right path………….
    i shall be waiting for your reply

• February 17, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Hi Sir. Could you please give me an idea as to what kind of projects would be approved by IITm for the summer intern?

• February 20, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Replies:
    Neelam : They don’t have time to send Acknowledgements. As already mentioned by the DRDO they receive many application for internships so it will be better to wait for a while. It is never a confirmation that one will get internship just by mailing cover letter as CV. i myself sent atleast 10 mails to different institutes and just 3-4 replied me. Be patience and work hard.And my advice will be wait for a while before writing another mail on same ID. Things will definitely change. Best Of luck..

Hey Gaurav: i think procedure is well explained in the article. And rest all the labs takes intern differently.For that you have to read their respective web page.
    i think this link will be helpful

see the link and click lab details and decide where you wants to go. for more details see the kind of work they do. Best of luck :)

Hey Shubham: If you are a first year student then i will say getting a chance in DRDO is bit difficult. I will rather suggest, go to different professors and associate professor who are doing work in the respective field.And ask them for work. There are many professors who encourage students and for giving them exposure to there labs. Go to Delhi university website and see there.And interact with your seniors. there must be some teachers in your college who has some grant and project and they can give some work to you. anyway you can apply to different different internships listed in the portal. BTW If you can tell me your college then i may able to help you more….

hey laksh :
    possibly your question cant be answered.(may be someone from IIT M could answer this )But yeah i can tell you a way by which you will get to know what kind of work is going in IIT M

open google scholar and then type IIT madras in search bar. you will see many research papers. play around with the date and decide yourself :)
    link to google scholar

• February 26, 2012 at 5:39 PM

• March 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM

hey gaurav: sorry for the late reply.
    I will say go to DRDO’s lab and see details for different labs. They have given some details about what kind of work they do.

• March 5, 2012 at 10:23 PM

shubham singh :
    plz guide me the right path………….
    i shall be waiting for your reply

hey shubham i will say it is difficult to get internship in DRDO at this level but you must try. And if you are a delhi university student then i will say interact with your seniors an d teachers. These days university and college profs are getting good decent projects and they encourage students for doing some good work. so by interacting with your teachers you will come to know what kind of work is going on in your college and where you can adjust yourself.

• March 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Laksh :

hey laksh I think the lind of question you have asked is pretty difficult to answer, may some one from the university could answer this. but yeah what all i can suggest you is go to google scholar and then type IIT madras and see the kind of papers have been published from IIT M in past one year. This will definitely helo you in deciding what you want. I know application deadline for IIT M is over but you can try this for deciding project for other internships.
    god bless all.
    best of luck to all :D

• March 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM

hie shekhar ….
    i am a b.tech 4th sem student of electronics nd i wish for a summer internship at the end of this sem in delhi can u suggest me some options nd how to apply there…??

• March 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Hello Shekhar,
    I am a B.Tech 6th sem student in ECE from ITM University, Gurgaon. I am very much passionate about robotics and have won 3rd position in IIT Delhi in robowars. My passion led me to give various seminars and workshops on the same and I have successfully got numerous good comments. My CGPA is 8.40 and I am a very keen and fast learner. Can you please suggest me some good places where I can enhance my skills and do a quality internship. I would really be grateful to look forward to your reply..!!

• March 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I have also done 8051 and renessas microcontroller and feel that microcontrollers are the need of the day and demand of the future.

• March 10, 2012 at 12:37 PM

sir,i am ec 3rd year student.i want to take summer training in drdo. to which laboratory and professor of drdo i should contact.my email id is–nitin.singhal93@yahoo.com

• March 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Respected Sir,

I am a MTech (Computer Science) going toward the end of my 1st year at KIIT, bhubaneswar. Further as you in 2nd year we all have to go for our thesis work, but the problem is I have 2-3 areas of interest like in dbms, networking well as in programming. Also i hv some experience in these fields. Hence i am confused where to go and with what field, so please guide me with the emerging scopes in these field keeping in view about the scope in DRDO or in other research organisations.

Hoping for your valuable and quick response. my email id – ershailenderkr@gmail.com
    ph-07735622630

Thanking you

• March 17, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Aarohi :
    hie shekhar ….

Hey aarohi i think you must explore this portal a bit more and i think above post will definitely help you in understanding the things.

• March 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Kanika :
    Hello Shekhar,

kanika upto my knowledge IIT bombay is a very good place to do things in robotics. NSIT do some research in robotics. Rest i am also a student so dont know much. i think someone from the portal may able to answer this query.

• March 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM

nitin singhal :

hey nitin i think you can read previous replies for answer to your query

Shailender kumar :
    Respected Sir,
    ph-07735622630
    Thanking you

Shailender I am also a student and still learning. if that question was intended for me then i will say i cant answer your query. My knowledge is really limited. Sorry.

• April 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I’m an Engineering student from reputed college of Indore, IET – DAVV and I’m in 3rd year of my engineering (Information Technology) and searching for better opportunities at Indore , such as RRCAT, and some private companies and most of the pvt. companies at Indore don’t provide internships. So what to do ? Where to find good internship at Indore or somewhere else ??

• April 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM

hi shekar… i had a query .. to whom should send a cover letter n CV while applyin in DRDO, say as to director of that centre or any one elsse plz rply fast as much as possible..

thanx 4 ssharin u r experience in website…

• April 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM

@kanchan

kanchan :
    thanx 4 ssharin u r experience in website…

THANKS FOR THE APPRECIATIONS
    and about your query: you have to contact Director of each lab and procedure for the same is already given on the website :D
    Read the other comments you will get to know more about the same
    Best of luck :)

• April 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Hi shekhar…..I am a Mechanical engg. student in 6th sem from KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.
    I have been selected for Internship at IMMT(Institute of Minerals and Material Technology, Bhubaneswar).The field that i have been given is “Design and Rural technology”.
    I don’t know much about this field and it seems to me that this field is not much related to my branch…….would u please put some light on this and give some suggestions too…….would it be right to go for this ?
    I would looking forward for ur reply.
    Thnk u !!

• April 16, 2012 at 4:42 PM

hello sir,I am a ece student in 4th sem from gjus&t hisar.I would like to know that how i become able to know that i am selected or not for drdo summer program because i have sent my training letter in drdo but there is no reply from there.how i contact with them regarding this

• April 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM

@manish
    No clue man. But they receive so many application that it is really difficult for them to acknowledge all the mails they receive.

• June 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM

hi shekhar iam a student of msc chemistry 2 yr how can i apply in drdo and where to proceed……………..

• June 11, 2012 at 2:43 PM

hi shekhar,
    i hav completed my 1st yr ece frm nit and m lukin for internship in drdo for second yr summer break cud u kindly specify ne project that i can apply n how to n when to apply.

• July 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM

hi shekar ,
    i wasted my 2nd year (mech) summer vacations and i didn’t apply for any …. Will i be able to get a chance to go for an internship in DRDO any time later

• July 8, 2012 at 12:50 PM

rahul singh :

Hey Rahul process of applying to DORO has already been explained. Please go through the previous replies and go to DRDO website for same.

raima :
    hi shekhar,

Raima I really cant tell you the project in which you could apply for two reasons i) i dont know what your interest is and ii) i dont even know all the projects going in DROD.

dhanalakshmi :
    hi shekar ,

yes, dhanalashmi this world is fair enough for hard working people. If you work hard then you will get chances, that is what i have learnt so far from my small life.

• July 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Hey People and Dear Readers,
    Just a simple Request, if anyone has any kind of feed back for this article please comment. I will love to know about if anyone was really benefited from this article !!! People who work hard and get chances are very good examples to motivate young folks.
    Please Reply
    Shekhar Jain

• July 16, 2012 at 8:24 PM

hello shekar
    i am doing my MTech in computer networking & engg…,my area of interest is java pgmg,networking…,i want to know if any of the labs working on networking so i can apply for internship..pls help me

• July 22, 2012 at 12:18 AM

i am in 3rd year of electronics and communication enginnering .i am willing to do an internship in december 2012 in a company of my field in delhi.can u plz tell me which are those companies and what will i hv to do in order to apply for the internship.it can be either private or government . i will be having only 20 days vacation. plz reply as early as possible.
    thanks

• July 22, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Raghavendra :
    hello shekar

well Raghavedr Not really hard to find. Just go onto respective website and see the project they have done in past and list of ongoing projects. you will get to know everything.

• July 22, 2012 at 12:20 PM

priya :
    thanks

Priya ECE is a very vast subject and if you are saying internship of your field then you are doing injustice to yourself. Decide your interest first and then chose the company. And i really cant tell you about the companies since i myself go over the google/bing/ask/yahoo whenever i want to know about the companies. So i will also suggest you same. It will not take much time.

• July 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Hai shekar,
    Iam shravya studying 3rd year Aeronautical engineering in Jawaharlal technological university,Hyderabad.Iam willing to do an internship in DRDO.Iam interested in missile technology and advanced space technology.I learnt mechanical designing and analysis softwares . Can you please tell me how to apply and in which laboratory of DRDO should i apply??Please help me…….
    Awaiting for your valuable response,
    shravya

• April 7, 2015 at 8:06 PM

hi sravya i have info
      fb: kakatian vinnu
      email:vineethvinnu720@gmail.com
      mob:09700254811

• July 23, 2012 at 12:37 PM

hello sir,.I am a student of m.Tech branch EC…tell me about the process of internship from DRDO….

• July 29, 2012 at 11:55 AM

shravya :
    Hai shekar,
    Iam shravya …….
    shravya

swati :
    hello sir,.

Hey Shravya and Swati,
    Please read the above discussion you will get your answers.

And Shravya I will suggest you go and check the website of ISRO and when you check the website try to figure out other important link section on website. or just google a bit on ISRO and related agencies. Rather then DRDO ISRO is a better place for you. Moreover you know about DRDO missile program from there website itself.

• July 29, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Moreover you CAN know about DRDO missile program from there website itself…***

• August 9, 2012 at 11:05 AM

i am in 4th year of electronics and communication enginnering .i am willing to do an internship in december 2012 in a company of my field in hyd.can u plz tell me which are those companies and what will i hv to do in order to apply for the internship.it can be either private or government . i will be having only 20 days vacation. plz reply as early as possible.
    thanks

• August 10, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Hi Vemula- Exciting Engineering internships are posted there. Have a look :)
      Internshala is a portal for internships from all over the world. You can search the website for internships and read the posts carefully to see the ‘Who can apply’ section.Stay tuned on Internshala, you should be able to find something relevant soon. Also sign up on Internconnect (http://www.internshala.com/internconnect) to see where all your seniors and people in your network have interned before and contact them for help – strongly recommended!”
      All the best!

Many Thanks
      LinkedIn- http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

• August 17, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Hi shekar,

i am vishnu rajan doing my final year mechanical at sastra university.
    my areas of interest are vehicular aerodynamics and general aerodynamics. To be frank i havent done only one project but its not in this field. moreover i have been trying to get a summer intern at many places in the automobile industry but it went in vain . once i read your blog , i figured it would take more time. getting in drdo is tough. but with my achievements , i might lose the edge . suggest a solution that might help…
    regards
    vishnu

• September 8, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Vishnu Rajan :
    Hi shekar,
    i am vishnu rajan ……
    vishnu

H Vishnu.

Really a nice question you have asked for. I am really happy to see a different question. A simple question: what do you think how many students have something to write in there CV apart from academic credential they have ??

quite a few. So whenever you have applying any where keep two three things in mind and they are

You are really good with your presentation and words. No grammatical errors are accepted.
    show how much organize you are.

Make sure that your cover letter is showing something about your potential rather then showing some material which have copied from somewhere.

Be loyal Crisp and short.The other person has good understanding so you dont need to explain like if you are writing things to a child.

And write a good SOP, Statement of Purpose. Tell them in simple and polite words about your plans and why do you want to do internship at there place….

Review all the things from multiple angles. Life will be good.

In short SOP and Cover letter are the most important part for people who dont have anything to write in there CV. Focus upon them.

Best Of luck. Must write back if advices were helpful to you :D.

• September 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Hello Sekhar bro,
    I am very much interested in doing research under DRDO in some specific Labs. The complete idea and procedure mentioned by you is helping me a lot in the process.

But I would like to have a look and read the Cover Letter you had sent them which got accepted. That would be a very big help for me which would help me write something good.

• September 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Anurag :
    Hello Sekhar bro,

Dear Read the complete post cover letter is there in the post itself.

Shekhar Jain

• September 27, 2012 at 12:14 AM

HIII Shekhar, m a btech 3rd year metallurgy & materials student from NIT Durgapur..
    want internship in drdo..
    can u plz suggest me how to apply? wen to apply?
    details dat are important..???
    please

• September 29, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Sir, I am MCA(H) 5th sem. student.In 6th sem i’ll go for training.Can i go for DRDO for industrial training.
    If not then can you suggest me any other networking companies that provide free training.

• October 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Hello shekhar
    i have completed my m.sc. (biotech) in sept. 2012. Now i want to work at drdo as project work (in order to enhance my research experience). Am i eligible to get so

• October 27, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Hi Aditya,

Aditya gupta :
    Hello shekhar

Yes you are more then eligible to do so. And i will suggest you look for some JRF in DRDO and try to contact some scientist who is interested in taking interns and cleary mention the time period you want to work in DRDO. Also if you just want to enhance your work experience then go to some organization like IISc or IIT rather then DRDO. If you are doing research at DRDO then getting recognized for your work is difficult. Rest keep trying. Be happy best of luck.

• December 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Hii
    I am currently in my third year of electronics engineering at iit bhu varanasi..my grades are pretty good and i want to apply for internship in SSPL at DRDO..can you help me by sending me the email ids of professors in SSPL?

• December 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I am third year student studying in BITS Pilani. I am interested in applying to DRDL, Hyderabad. Their website mentions that students must contact the director directly through the head of the academic institution you are studying in. Does this mean i need to speak to my college Dean and ask him to write a letter on my behalf.

• December 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM

hi,
    shekhar jain, i am Pathi anang doing My b.tech in ANNAMACHARYA INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, my steam is information technology pursing 4th year with 66% , has academic i want to do project in DRDL plz help me out how to apply for that

• December 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

In a way yes, SSPL website also mention the same,and it will be much better if you do so. But if your director is not agreeing on this then generate some courage. Make a good CV and cover letter and send it across.

Best of luck

RONAK GUPTA . :

• January 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Good morning sir,
    I am (swati deshpande) currently pursuing MSc(electronics) 2nd year from osmania university hyderabad.My intrest is in communication area so, i want take internship and academic projects in drdl.
    so, please give me a way to fullfill my intrest.

thanking you

• January 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM

hi i am a final year ece student i want to get in an internship programme can u tell me how to get

• January 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Hey shekhar , u have to tell me how to apply in DRDO Delhi center labs for chemical and polymer engineering .
    or just reply me over my email id
    jasz_singh@yahoo.com

• January 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM

jas sahib :
    Hey shekhar , u have to tell me how to apply in DRDO Delhi center labs for chemical and polymer engineering internships .
    or just reply me over my email id
    jasz_singh@yahoo.com

• January 28, 2013 at 2:03 PM

i am ece 2nd year student and i want to take internship in some company in period from my-june 2013 could you please tell some job alerts I am studying in Manipal university,jaipur.

• January 30, 2013 at 9:47 PM

hii i am a student of 4th sem electronics(instrumentation and control) in thapar university patial a which do u think are the best places to intern for..??

• January 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM

@raghav
    can i apply for drdo ntpc etc wats d procedure…?

• January 31, 2013 at 12:16 PM

hi shekar … i am currently in 2 year , pursuing mech. engg. . will u pls tell me how i can apply for summer training of 2-3 months in drdo..i will be very thankfull if u kindly mail me at my email id.

• February 7, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Respected Sir, I m a B.Tech,3rd year student 4m Banasthali University.I want to do my 6 month summer training in DRDO.Will u pls tell me how i can apply for this?????

• February 19, 2013 at 10:15 AM

i am third year undergraduate b. tech student i want to do my summer training form drdo.
    please tell me how i will do itand also tell me what is the difference between summer training and internship.

• February 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM

hi… shekhar i am a 3rd year student of computer science branch. i wanna internship from drdo so please tell me the process of appling this…………

• March 5, 2013 at 9:18 PM

hiii shekar
    i m 2nd yr stdnt of mechanicl eng….is there any chanc for me to do the summer intern in drdo..cn u pls..tell me the process of applying

• March 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Hello Shekar,
    i wants to about the internship programme in HAL .

• March 26, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Hey Shekhar.. ur blog was very helpful to me..
    Am doing engineering from 2nd year ECE branch and m also looking for some institutions where i could do my summer internship..
    but am confused with in wat subject i have interest.. actually i really dont know about it..
    i dont wanted to be in ECE branch as i hate these circuits subjects but i have learnt C++ and C in class 11th, 12th n 1st year..
    so please help me out with it n whether i can apply in any other government institutions without any links or contacts..

please help me bro…

• April 21, 2013 at 8:19 AM

HAPPY mrng Shekar sir..am NIzam pursuing my btec at brilliant college..am in 3rd year nw..i am intrestd in space Research field sir..bt accidentally came into eee stream…but now i want to fulfill my dream to become a scientist in this stream itself.i have an aggregate pf 76% sir..i will proove myself if i get an opportunity sir..pleaS help ME.i vl b lookng forward for your mesg sir..thankng you

• April 25, 2013 at 12:13 PM

i am 3rd yr IT student from Indore.
    plz.. suggest me some IT companies for internship.

• May 3, 2013 at 10:25 PM

shaik nizamuddin :

hey shaik,

First a general it is never too late and search a bit to found things for yourself by this way you will get to know so many things which no one can tell you. It is about looking for meanings in a dictionary. When you look for one you read ten.

and next you can definitely go into space research. Keep looking on ISRO website. For past two years they are releasing vacancies for scientists. And if you want to become a scientinst in this stream only then start preparing for GATE and score decent marks and enroll yourself in some PHD course. OR start preparing for GRE and go abroad to do some research. Things will be great with you :D
    Rest
    Best of luck
    Shekhar Jain

• May 14, 2013 at 11:18 PM

shekhar,

thanx for the info….it is all there, but one thing i would lyk to ask, is, whether we have to apply to sslp through our institute, as the DRDO website says, or first we mail them on our own, and if any positive response is got, then we send application in hard copy???

plz elaborate, coz i will apply accordingly…

thanx

• July 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM

gagan :
    shekhar,
    plz elaborate, coz i will apply accordingly…
    thanx

Gagan What i did was I just sent my application and when they gave a positive response I went there with my documents and a copy of mail. :) But i will suggest go via your institute :)

Thanks :D

• July 6, 2013 at 12:29 PM

gudmng sir,
    i am shirisha,pursued b.tech in mechatronics in MGIT recently…i have an aggragate of 76% sir..i heard that drdo is not releasing any notifications for SET exam from past 3 yrs..but my dream is to work in such a reputed organization(drdo)..plz suggest me any other way to get in to drdo…and if possible i want to do internship or training in drdo…plzz help me out sir.
    .thank u

• July 11, 2013 at 6:59 PM

sir,m student of 3rd year electronics.i want to do my industrial training from DRDO,can u plz tel me how to apply for the training over there

• July 20, 2013 at 11:47 AM

sir.em dng mtech in cse.dne with 1st yr,for 2nd yr project i am interresd fo intrnship.i hav 78.62% in mtech 1st sem..nd B.E agree 73%.plz do help me.

• July 26, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Hi shekhar..
    i m 4th yr (B. Tech) student, i wanted to apply for internship at DEAL(DRDO lab). How to apply for this?? i cant find director’s email address. plz suggest…

• August 8, 2013 at 4:19 PM

hi shekar..this is swati.iam studing b.tech 4th year.i want to do my main project in drdo on embedded system.how can i approch

• September 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Hiii Shekhar, i am a student of B.tech 3rd year and i want know how i got an internship in DRDO without any contact??

• September 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM

hello sir
    how can I complete my 6 month internship in DRDO
    I M in B.tech 7th sem.(ECE)

• September 23, 2013 at 4:28 PM

• October 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM

hello sir, i am an ECE 4th yr student and i want to do my 6 months training at drdo…Is the Chandigarh tbrl lab suitable for me and what will be my suitable field in this lab…….please reply…

• October 8, 2013 at 12:54 AM

@shekhar
    Dear shekhar , i am phd 1st year student .i want to know about what is your suggestion for sspl lab.can i persue my research work from that lab .is this lab has sufficient resources.

Thanks and regards
    amit

• October 24, 2013 at 4:12 PM

hi shaker,,dis is swati i am pursuning b.tech 4 th year frm ece branch i want do my main project in drdo and how can i get the internship frm the drdo plz infm

• October 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM

hi shaker,,dis is swati i am pursuning b.tech 4 th year frm ece branch i want do my main project in drdo and also hw can get the internship frm drdo plz rly to my mail as mensioned above

• November 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Hi,Shekar…..this is sowjanya…at present i am persuing mtech(control systems)…i want to have a internship at drdo/isro….can you please help to find the way…….

• November 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM

HELLO SIR,
    I’M A STUDENT OF 3rd YEAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FROM UPTU WITH 74% AGG.TIL 4TH SEM. I ALSO WANT TO WORK AS AN INTERN IN THE LABS OF DRDO. I HAVE DONE A SUMMER TRAINNING IN INDIAN RAILWAYS ALSO.
    M I ELIGIBLE FOR THE INTERNSHIP IN DRDO? AS U HAVE MADE IT ON YOUR OWN AND YOU HAVE A GREAT EXPERIENCE WORKING THERE,I REQUEST YOU TO MENTOR ME THROUGH THIS. PLEASE TELL ME THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE SAME,WHEN TO SEND THEM AND HOW TO SEND THEM
    THANKS

• November 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Hi Nutan,

Please try finding Shekhar on FB and message him your query as he may not be following this post.

You can have a look at this list – http://internshala.com/internships/engineering-internship and find anything suitable.

Also subscribe to Internshala (http://www.internshala.com/subscribe/) and you’ll receive alerts on all future internships.

Many thanks
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

• January 9, 2014 at 9:11 PM

hi sekhar.
    this is saikiran now i’m in btech 3rd year how can i get internship from DRDO…..
    plese reply

• February 10, 2014 at 12:13 PM

i want to proceed my research scholar in DRDO as i had completed my ME in cse i wish to do their plz provide me necessary details and how to work through that organisation..

• February 11, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Hi Shekhar,

Is there’s a chance of getting hired after pursuing internship from a lab of drdo? will it be a scientist post or a technician?

• February 12, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Hi shekar sir
    I am 3rd year student ..can u suggest me electronic department and how can I contact them for my internship .. tel me there mail id where I can send my all the details.

• February 16, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Hello Shekar,
    I am 3rd year student pursuing Electronics Engineering from Nagpur. For Summer term internship I want to work in DRDO. Can you guide me in much more details to proceed further.
    Thank you .

• February 27, 2014 at 12:11 PM

hi… i am pursuing my m.pharmacy in pharmaceutics and i am interested to do a project in DRDO hyderabad as i want to proceed further in research…
    I dont know any one at DRDO. So could you please tell me how should i apply for an project internship

• February 28, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Hai Mr.Shekar, could u please info regarding the lab related to Mechanical in DRDO?
    Thanks in advance

• March 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM

sir what is the eligibility criteria for 6 weeks training in DRDO?

• May 14, 2014 at 11:59 PM

hi , i want to know that, can B.Sc. 2nd year students apply for summer intern ship now.

• May 16, 2014 at 12:59 PM

@Pratibha
    Dear Pratibha,

I am sorry to inform you that we do not have any information regarding DRDO training as of now. You can contact the author Shekhar Jain on Facebook/LinkedIn for getting your doubts cleared and guidance regarding internship application to DRDO.

If you are looking for other internships, please visit Internshala website for various recent internship opportunities. Here is the link: http://internshala.com/internships.
    You may also like to subscribe to Internshala – http://www.internshala.com/subscribe/ to receive future relevant internships in your inbox.

Many thanks,
    Team Internshala.
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

• June 2, 2014 at 3:26 AM

hello shekhar,
    i am doing my m.tech in cyber forensics from cochin university of science and technology, as i mentioned my specialization is very rare and am having a very bad time finding internship in reputed organizations, it would be very helpful if you let me know where the cyber forensic laboratory of drdo is located and the norms for getting in

• August 14, 2014 at 11:40 PM

hello sir, i am currently doing final year aeronautical engineering.i would like to do my project related to propulsion field, what are the producer get internship in DRDO gas turbine research sector ?
    kindly forward the information please

• November 18, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Thanks for very nice posting we are also same in this business and welcome you to visit our website. Thanks again for great post…….

• November 28, 2014 at 1:01 AM

please tell me how can i get internship at DRDO. im doing M-TECH.

• November 29, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Hi Shruti,

Currently we do not have any internship with DRDO available with us. We suggest you to directly contact the concerned authority at DRDO or try connecting with the author, Shekhar Jain via Facebook/LinkedIn to get your doubts cleared.

• December 1, 2014 at 6:17 PM

This is very informative post.we provide best thesis service in our student.Please visit

• January 22, 2015 at 9:29 PM

hi sir,this is mounika pursuing my final year in bachelor’s technology in computer science.Can u please suggest me how to get a internship in DRDO?

• August 26, 2015 at 9:11 PM

Sir,
    Can i know the detailed procedure for applying in any labs of DRDO?

• October 25, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Respected sir,
    I’m kavery pursuing my b.tech in 3rd year ece.kindly please help me how to apply for internship in DRDO.

• October 25, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Sir ,
    I’m Kavery pursuing my b.tech in 3rd year ece .I want to do internship in DRDO. Kindly help me sir.
    Thank you .

• June 1, 2016 at 4:19 PM

Hi sir am studying in b.tech final plz hlp me to get reference in DRDO

• June 27, 2016 at 10:45 PM

Hello sir, I am currently pursuing B.Tech in Aerospace engineering, 4th semester. I am interested in interning in DRDO and was wondering if you could help me with it. Thankyou.

• August 2, 2016 at 7:59 PM

sir, can we (who have completed b.tech. in ELECTRICAL ) also allowed for 6 month training at drdo,

• October 10, 2016 at 8:44 PM

Hello sir,
    I am currently pursuing M.sc Biotechnology , 3rd smester. I have done with 1st year agree 80.40%.I want to do my 6th month project in DRDO lab..plz do help me.
    Thank you sir.

• February 7, 2017 at 5:32 PM

Respected team,
    I am currently pursuing MSc. Biotechnology 1st year in telangana university.
    I have inquery, how to apply for summer project internship 2017, and what are the list of research topics drdo offering.

From,
    Shaik Fairoz

• March 22, 2017 at 11:14 PM

Hello,
    I am Abhishek pratap singh from MRIU Faridabad. I am studying in B.Tech Aeronautical engineering 4th semester.
    So, my question is Can I apply for internship in DRDO. Related to my field works and some CAD software for designing.

• April 4, 2017 at 5:37 PM

Sir, I am 2nd year CSE student, Is i am eligible for DRDO 6 weeks internship ? If yes, Please provide procedure for applying this internship.

• April 13, 2017 at 2:48 AM

Hello sir,
    I am from 2nd year Mechanical engineering can I get training or not ??
    Also I interested in designing and manufacturing

• April 23, 2017 at 9:28 AM

Im pursuing btech from ece currently 6th sem…i want to do internship in DRDO lab so plz do do suggest me how to apply for it ….plz exlain me d whole process ….n what are the criteria to get selection in that….

• July 8, 2017 at 9:42 PM

Hello sir..Im currently pursuing my Msc Software system(5 years integrated course) in PSG COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCE…now i’m doing my third year…i want to know whether im eligible to apply for internship in DRDO…if so please guide me to apply…..
    please send me the detail
    EMAIL:sandeepsmr85@gmail.com
    CONTACT:8680903043

• August 4, 2017 at 11:19 AM

Hi Sandeep,

Apologies for the delay in response.

For the internships in DRDO, we suggest you refer here – http://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/English/index.jsp

Also, you may visit here for the Computer Science internships-https://internshala.com/internships/software%20development-internship

Hope this helps.