Internship at IIT Madras – Summer Fellowship Program 2012 – Chennai, India

January 17th, 2012 283 comments

IIT Madras Summer Fellowship Program 2012One of the most awaited internship, IIT Madras Summer Fellowship Program, is back! An exciting summer internship opportunity at IIT Madras (with stipend) for students of all the branches. The last date to apply is 17-Feb-2012. Hurry!

About Internship: - The IITM  ‐ Summer Fellowship  Program of two months with stipend  is designed to enhance awareness and interest in high quality academic research among young Engineering, Management, Sciences and  Humanities students through a goal oriented  summer mini‐project undertaken at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras

Who can apply: - Candidates pursuing third year of B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc(Engineering), Integrated M.E/M.Tech program, first  year of  M.E/M.Tech/M.Sc/M.A, MBA with outstanding academic background  in terms of high ranks (top 3) in university examinations are encouraged to apply, highlighting their academic performance and achievement including papers presented at seminars, projects executed, design contests participated, score/rank in Mathematics Olympiad and any other awards/distinctions obtained. IIT Students are not eligible to apply

Participating Departments: – Aerospace Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Bio Technology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Engineering Design, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management Studies

Application Deadline: – 17th February 2012

Location: - IIT Madras, Chennai, India

Duration: - 2 months (15th May-14th July 2012, flexible)

Stipend: – INR 6,500 fixed

How to apply: - Please refer to IIT Madras Summer Fellowship 2012 Page for more info and application details

Editor’s note: – Information above is my interpretation and paraphrasing of what I found on the shared link. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.

This internship was shared by Ashwin Aggarwal from Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technology and Research and with this he wins his 1st prize in Share an Internship – Win Exciting Prizes contest. Congratulations Ashwin!

You can also share any meaningful internship that you know and join the movement to build a Wikipedia of internships and win exciting prizes. Check out the FAQs Section for more details.

Logo image location: – http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/69/IIT_Madras_Logo.svg/200px-IIT_Madras_Logo.svg.png

Comments

comments

Like Internshala on Facebook
  1. Diptanshu Purwar
    March 1st, 2011 at 11:17 | #1

Dear Sir

I am a CSE 2nd year student in VIT, VELLORE, I am interested in summer internship at IIT M, kindly consider me for internship

B Rgds

Diptanshu Purwar
    09566811032

• March 1st, 2011 at 22:54 | #2

Hi Diptanshu,

You will have to click on the link given in the blog above to apply. I am not managing IIT M internship program.

2. Nagendra Tank
    March 6th, 2011 at 00:32 | #3

Sarvesh Sir
    I am applied for internship in iitm.
    Can u tell me how i know that i am selected for internship or not???and What is the expected date for confirmation of selection????

• March 6th, 2011 at 00:48 | #4

My sense is that you will be intimated if you are selected. Otherwise you could write to the HoD’s office of the relevant depart (Computer Science?) and inquire.

3. zeeshan ali
    March 7th, 2011 at 12:51 | #5

Dear Sir,
    I have applied for the summer internship in computer science and engg department .
    from where i can get the information wether i am selected or not ?
    please write me..

4. navyasree
    March 7th, 2011 at 21:18 | #6

dear sir,
    i have allied for summer internship in eee department.
    from where i can the information whether i am selected or not?
    please write me.

5. Sarvesh
    March 8th, 2011 at 09:50 | #7

@navyasree and @ Zeeshan,

You will have to contact the department directly to find out the status of your application. The department contact details can be found on IIT Madras website.

6. Madhushree
    March 11th, 2011 at 22:36 | #8

Dear sir,
    I was not knowing about the last date of the submission of the application form for the summer project in IIT,Madras. Sir here there’s a request will my application form be accepted now

7. Sarvesh
    March 12th, 2011 at 00:36 | #9

@Madhushree
    My sense is no. There are a few other internships posted here – see if something else may interest you.

8. Sriram
    March 13th, 2011 at 13:44 | #10

I am doing my fourth semester Dual degree ( elec and communications) at IIT madras. Give me some clues to select and identify internships at Chennai for summer 2011

9. Sarvesh
    March 13th, 2011 at 15:13 | #11

@Sriram

Any meaningful internships that I come across get posted here, so keep visiting.

For the clues part, visit Internship Tips section.

10. rakesh
    April 7th, 2011 at 12:04 | #12

when nd where will d short listed student selected for summer internship program will declare plz reply as soon as possible

• April 8th, 2011 at 16:36 | #13

You will have to check directly with the department to which you have applied, I do not have any information on the results myself. Department contact numbers are given at IIT Madras website.

11. THANGA RAJ
    April 9th, 2011 at 21:54 | #14

Dear sir,

i am studying in Madras Christian College,Tambaram. currently doing I,M.Sc Marine Studies,
    in IIT any internship programs available related marine. My course comes under the Life Science.

• April 10th, 2011 at 00:47 | #15

My sense is no and anyway for the summer fellowship program, the deadline is long past. Would you know which all places your seniors would have done the internships? May be I could try to reach someone there.

12. Deepak jain
    April 11th, 2011 at 00:00 | #16

Dear sir,
    Has Result been declared or not for fellowship program. I do not no whether i got selected or not.

• April 11th, 2011 at 21:19 | #17

You will have to check directly with the department that you had applied to. I am myself not aware of the status. The contact numbers of all the departments are given on IIT Madras website.

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best.

13. April 22nd, 2011 at 12:05 | #18

i want one month interships

14. April 22nd, 2011 at 12:05 | #19

i want one month internships training program

15. April 22nd, 2011 at 12:06 | #20

i want one month interships pls contact 9094048415

• April 22nd, 2011 at 12:44 | #21

All the internships that I know of are posted on the blog – please feel free to surf around and apply to the ones that may interest you.

Hope this helps and wish you all the best!

16. Mohammad Altamash
    April 22nd, 2011 at 17:48 | #22

can a 2nd year mechatronics guy can undergo the above internship

• April 22nd, 2011 at 20:01 | #23

I don’t think so and moreover, the last date is past long back, do try for this internship next year.

thanks
      96507 22001

17. Abhimanyu Kumar
    May 20th, 2011 at 14:33 | #24

Sir,
    I want to do internship. So, what is the procedure to get internship.

• May 21st, 2011 at 22:48 | #25

This particular internship is closed quite some time back – for others, surf around on the blog – you may find something relevant.

Wish you all the best!

18. Janani
    June 6th, 2011 at 18:29 | #26

Dear Sir,
    I am a CSE 2nd year student in Anna University(Trichy). I would Like to participate in your internship program IIT M, kindly consider me for internship and please let me the details soon.

• June 10th, 2011 at 06:23 | #27

The program is for students at the end of their 3rd year of Engineering and for this year the last date to apply is long past. Don’t forget to apply for the program next year. Why not like us on facebook and stay tuned to latest announcements and internships?

Wish you all the best!

19. June 16th, 2011 at 08:27 | #28

can a student,who z studying under JNTU UNIVERSITY apply for summer internships at any iit with an a percentage of 80-90%

please do respond on my request.

thanks.

• June 17th, 2011 at 07:22 | #29

You can but deadline for applying to this summer’s internship program is over now! However, there are quite a few other internships posted on the blog that you may find relevant. You can also like Internshala on facebook and get regular updates on the best of the internships.

Many thanks

20. durga n
    August 15th, 2011 at 19:18 | #30

dear sir
    i am a second year cse student in nit puucherry .i want to participate in internship program.my percentage in first year is 7.54% .so give me some clues to select and identify one month internships at iit madras at the end of my third semester .

sir please respond on my comment

• August 22nd, 2011 at 16:43 | #31

IIT Madras offers a formal Summer Research Fellowship Program to students at the end of 6th semester, for anything other than that I’d recommend that you look up the faculty profile on the we and write to the ones whose research areas match with your interest area – something may work out!

Wish you all the best!

Many thanks

21. deepika
    August 30th, 2011 at 12:18 | #32

sir,is this internship applicable to the students of final year?

22. Prathik Kannan
    September 24th, 2011 at 19:52 | #34

How to apply for the coming 2012 intern program in IIT?My dept is ECE.I am currently pursuing my 3rd year..Kindly tell me the eligibility criteria.
    Thanking you.

23. UTKARSH RANJAN
    October 7th, 2011 at 17:20 | #36

I am student of B.Tech III yr ( Mechanical ) at G.B pant Uni. Pantnagar, uttarakhand. I want to do internship at any IITs in India in May 2012. Kindly guide me in this regard.

• October 22nd, 2011 at 10:31 | #37

Hi Utkarsh,

Stay tuned on Internshala and you would soon get notification when these internship programs become available again. You may also like Internshala on facebook and get instant alerts on the new internships that get posted.

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best!

Many thanks

24. karthikeyan M
    October 10th, 2011 at 21:44 | #38

Dear sir,
    I am doing B.E. III yr (mechanical ) – 5th semester at Kumaraguru College of Technology, coimbatore under anna university control. I am interested in doing my internship in IIT Madras. My field of interest is product designing… How can i register for that internship? What is last date for applying?.. kindly guide me
    thanks+regards
    karthi
    +91 9788228121

25. P
    October 13th, 2011 at 00:19 | #40

hello..

i would like to know if MCA students are elligible for the same?

26. saikat
    October 13th, 2011 at 20:58 | #42

sir how to apply for internship programees in the summer in the iits……i am an I.T. student and currently in the 1st year ……..will be thankful if you kindly help me ……

27. meher
    October 17th, 2011 at 07:02 | #44

hello….
    am a 2nd year student of IT department , am intrested in intenship
    is there any chance for the 2nd year students this time i mean for 2012,,,,

28. abhishek Vishwakarma
    October 18th, 2011 at 00:10 | #45

hello..
    I am 3rd year student of CSE.. I am interested in internship so kindly tell me the procedure..

29. Arnab
    January 17th, 2012 at 18:24 | #46

Sir,
    I am a 2nd year student of Delhi University presently doing B.Sc.(H) Geology.As Geology is not included in the science departments,I just want to clarify whether I can apply for the department of ocean engineering or not as oceanography is a vital branch in our curriculum..
    Thanking you,
    Arnab.

30. January 17th, 2012 at 20:41 | #48

Dear Sir

I am a ECE 3nd year student in ITM,GWALIOR, I am interested in summer internship at IIT M, kindly consider me for internship

DEEPAK BHOLA
    09806156043

31. Ekta Rani
    January 18th, 2012 at 15:11 | #50

Dear Sir
    I am a CS 3rd year student, I am intersted in summer internship at IITM,
    I have Trimister System then how can attach Semister wise Marksheet .

32. Hemanth
    January 18th, 2012 at 17:10 | #52

Sir,
    I am an MBA student of department of management ,pondicherry university, I am one among the top ten as per my university results for the first semister, Am i eligible to apply? as u have told that only to 3 are eligible.

33. ramyavaralaxmi gandam
    January 18th, 2012 at 18:11 | #54

sir,
    I am an e.c.e final year student of methodist college of engineering and technology.u have mentioned that only 3rd years students are eligible.can final year students apply for this internship? as i am very much intrested to do this internship

34. SRIKANTH
    January 18th, 2012 at 20:40 | #56

Sir,
    I am pursuing my final year B.Tech in the stream of civil engineering in Mallareddy engineering college (affiliated to JNTU). My aggregate percentage is 80. I am very much interested in this internship program, can i apply for this program…
    If i am not eligible for this program, are there any other internship programs for which i am eligible. Please provide me the details.

35. JITENDER KUMAR
    January 18th, 2012 at 20:46 | #58

sir, i m cse 3rd year student.. but i m an average student.. not a topper.. and eager to participate, cn i .. ???

36. PLAVITA BORA
    January 18th, 2012 at 23:51 | #60

Hello Sir.
    i have applied for the summer internship 2012. plz do lemme know when to join the same.
    thanking you for such an opportunity and expecting contact from you soon.
    but will we be personally informed or we have to get upon the office?

37. Rajeev
    January 19th, 2012 at 00:33 | #62

Under the letter from the insti upload option, s t fine if i send a scanned copy of a letter from the head of the dept. tat i m required/interested to apply or shud it hav a recommendation ?

38. sagar deshpande
    January 19th, 2012 at 11:15 | #64

Hello,
    I am a dual degree student.(Msc. maths + B.E.Mechanical).Right now i am doing my math courses and my mechanical courses have not started yet(will start next sem from august).So can i apply to mechanical department?

39. January 19th, 2012 at 14:04 | #66

Dear sir,
    I m the first year student of M.Sc. Computer Science(2nd semester) of Central university of Bihar, Patna.
    I completed my B.Sc. yearly wise. semester system was not there. so please guide me……

40. Manasa
    January 19th, 2012 at 21:41 | #68

Thanks administrators,

I am aware of the results last year, no offence, but in spite of being asked for all your details, the only piece of information seemed to have been checked is the NAME OF THE COLLEGE! And if you know what I mean, you better keep off from trying if it doesn’t stand very close in ranking next to IITM it self!

41. CD
    January 20th, 2012 at 15:53 | #69

WTF! Not for IIT Students

• January 20th, 2012 at 22:21 | #70

Yes, not for IIT students. The core objective of the fellowship program is to introduce non IIT students to research environment available at IIT so that they could consider applying for MS/M.Tech programs at IIT. Obviously IIT students by virtue of already being there know about it and hence are not the target audience for the fellowship program.

Also “WTF” is a good shout – but may be you would consider that its a serious academic forum and there are more civilized ways to ask a question. Something for you to ponder over the weekend :)

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best!

Many thanks
      LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ Internshala

42. Surya
    January 21st, 2012 at 14:49 | #71

Respected Sir

I am interested to join IITM as an intern in the department of Computer Science and Engineering. I wanted to know ‘ Letter From your Institute ‘ means the IITM needs No Objection Certificate(from HoD) from the institution where I presently pursue my BE 3rd year or Letter of recommendation. ?
    Please reply me which letter IITM demands for IITM Summer Fellowship-2012 .So that I can soon get it and apply at the earliest.

Kindly reply soon.

With warm regards

• January 26th, 2012 at 17:15 | #72

Someone in the comment section has answered this – “@surya:
      even i have applied for the internship… when i called and asked them regarding the ‘letter from the institution’, they said that we need to scan the bonafide certificate from the college and send it in pdf format.. so that’s wat i did…” and I think that should do. Best would be to call up and confirm.

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best!

Many thanks
      LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ Internshala

43. BHARADWAJ NAIDU
    January 22nd, 2012 at 12:52 | #73

Respected sir ,
    I am interested in the internship , please tell me procedure to apply .

44. Priyanka Padmanabhan
    January 22nd, 2012 at 14:02 | #75

@Sarvesh

The IITM Internship program states that people who are in teh third year of enginieering can apply. I am finishing my 2nd year ( 4th Sem) in May 2012 and going to the third year (5th Sem). Am I eligible and can I apply?

Priyanka Padmanabhan
    Electronics Engineering
    VJTI , Mumbai

45. Shreelekha
    January 22nd, 2012 at 17:16 | #77

Hello sir

I would like to do internship in IITM, currently I am doing my masters in human resource management MA(hrm) second sem. Am I eligible for this programme?? I have secured 84% in my first sem. Kindly help me in this. Thanks

46. abcdef
    January 22nd, 2012 at 21:07 | #79

@surya:

47. J.Shirisha
    January 23rd, 2012 at 19:16 | #80

Sir,
    i am pursuing my third year b.tech in the stream of mechatronics engineering in Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology(MGIT)(affiliated to jntu,hyd).my aggregate percentage is 74.
    i am very much interested in this internship program…am i eligible for this internship???

48. Nidhi
    January 23rd, 2012 at 21:42 | #82

Dear Sir
    Are the students of third year only applicable to apply for this internship?
    please reply back so that i could apply on time.
    Can u also give me the link?
    I couldn’t find it on IITM website

49. teja
    January 23rd, 2012 at 23:58 | #84

dear sir,
    iam pursuing my 3rd yr btech degree in ece branch,iam very much interested in intership..will u please give me details about the internship for ece department

50. lavanya
    January 24th, 2012 at 08:57 | #86

What should the ‘letter from our institution’ say? is it a Bonafide certificate if not pls tel its specifications?

51. sonysahoo
    January 24th, 2012 at 18:30 | #88

Dear sir,
    I am pursuing 3rd yr from ece stream.with an aggregate of 75% .can i apply for internship?
    and how can apply?am very much interested in internships sir…

52. January 24th, 2012 at 18:58 | #90

respected sir,
    i am student in b.tech bio tech 3rd yr but i am not in the top 3 rank of university merit so can u please tell me can i apply for it or not? i have presented my three papers in nation seminars, got 2nd prize in debate competition, and have participated many competition. now i am working on bio remediation with the help of micro organism. please tell me m i eligible for it or not.
    thankyou sir.

53. yaswanth
    January 25th, 2012 at 21:43 | #92

why iit students are not eligible?

54. Shreelekha
    January 26th, 2012 at 21:47 | #94

Dear sir,

I don’t have my pg fist semester mark sheet with me. is it OK?? can I upload the downloaded copy from system.?Kindly help me in this. Thanks.

Regards
    shreelekha

55. vivek koushik
    January 26th, 2012 at 23:37 | #96

Sarvesh sir,
    I am pursuing my b.tech 3rd year in electrical engineering from one of the JNTU affliciated engineering college ( mahatma gandhi institute of technology, hyderabad). In the application form it is given mandetory that we have to upload the previous semesters memos of atleast 4 sems. But in jntu university in the first year we do have only one semester, two semesters in 2 nd year and the results of 3-1 semester were not released yet and as per the source our results will be released in feb ending. What we have to now so that my application will be accepted.
    And what we have to exactly upload in “About Your Proposed Internship Project *” in the application form? please help me in this. thank you and will be waiting for your early reply

Regards,
    Vivek Koushik

• February 8th, 2012 at 18:52 | #97

Hi Vivek,

My sense is that you should upload what you have. But please do call up IIT Madras to confirm.

“About Your Proposed Internship Project” should contain a brief on the topic or area you want to do the project in. Its like statement of purpose (SOP) where you explain the kind of work that you would want to be engaged in during the summers. Somewhere on the blog in “The Expert Talk” section there is an article on SOP writing – you may refer to that.

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best!

Many thanks
      LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

56. suppi
    January 27th, 2012 at 20:23 | #98

i am eee with 75% marks.will i be selected?

57. suppi
    January 28th, 2012 at 05:19 | #100

sir,
    there is no column in the form to send our achievements like ppt etc.then how to send them ?plz reply

58. hars
    January 28th, 2012 at 08:03 | #102

I am pursuing my b.tech 3rd year in chemical engineering from JNTU, Anantapur.
    What we have to exactly upload in “About Your Proposed Internship Project ” in the application form and where should we show case our achievements

59. Soundariya
    January 28th, 2012 at 21:43 | #104

I am a third year EEE student. I would like to know what is that we have to upload in ABOUT YOUR PROPOSED INTERNSHIP PROJECT. kindly help me out.

60. Chandra Sekar.V
    January 29th, 2012 at 08:12 | #106

hello sir ..am a third yr Automobile engineering student from MIT … pls guide me about “the proposed project idea” that is asked..

61. priya
    January 29th, 2012 at 13:01 | #108

sir,

i would to apply for the iit m internship program. but i am not in the top 3. but i have a good co- curicullar profile and have done many projects. can i apply for it?

62. Armah Sultana
    January 30th, 2012 at 11:01 | #110

i anm Armah sultana .Md of 3 eee from shri vishnu engineering college for women , bhimavaram,A.P.i would like 2 do my internship at iit madras so pls acept my internship request

63. vaishali
    February 3rd, 2012 at 11:16 | #112

hello sir ,
    sir i am pursuing B.tech in CSE ,I want to apply for this internship , but I dont have mark sheet of 4th sem , can you please tell me if i am eligible to apply for this .

64. Rito
    February 3rd, 2012 at 12:05 | #114

Sir,
    I am a student of M.Sc Zoology, first year. Would be grateful if you could be kind enough to inform me whether I am eligible for this internship or not.
    Regards

65. Kishore H
    February 4th, 2012 at 10:10 | #116

Sir,

my university doesnt give 2 months vacation after any semester. i am doing chemical engg and have a cgpa till 4th sem of 8.77/10. will i have an option of 1 month or 2 week internship anywhere ? kindly reply. . .

66. February 4th, 2012 at 11:45 | #117

Respected sir,
    I am doing 1st year M.Sc biotechnology.I have many doubt to fill the application form because i was completed my 1st semester only but they are asking till my 4th semester marks and also they asking some pdf formet letter from my instute but there are very difficult to send so if there any option to send my letter and mark sheets directly without using internet? Please kindly reply me sir.
    Thanking you sir.

67. Suban J
    February 4th, 2012 at 12:16 | #119

Respected sir,
    i am a final year student ( on 8th sem). am i applicable for this summer internship conducted by you….. please replay me.

68. gaurav
    February 5th, 2012 at 00:24 | #121

sir i am a student of material science and metallurgical engg. btech 3 rd yr.. i wanna know that according to last year merit, for selection how much% is required for getting chance to do the project from iitm.
    my aggregate cgpa is 8.52 till 4th sem and 8.8 till 5th. sem and my hsc percentage is 79.8. is it sufficient or not???? please make reply

69. Kishore H
    February 5th, 2012 at 20:02 | #123

70. VIVEK KUMAR SINHA
    February 7th, 2012 at 18:44 | #124

SIR, AT FIRST THANKS FOR THIS INFORMATION. SIR I AM DOING MY B.TECH IN ECE BRANCH CAN I APPLY FOR THIS INTERNSHIP? REPLY AS SSON AS POSSIBLE.

71. mukund
    February 9th, 2012 at 18:22 | #125

dear sir,
    im studying 2nd year (4th sem) at present. can i apply for IITM internship?

72. prakash
    February 9th, 2012 at 19:36 | #127

Sir how important is the cgpa criterion?
    My cgpa is 6 but i am from a good institute.

73. kush
    February 10th, 2012 at 20:06 | #129

can we apply for two or more departments for intern at iit madras.

74. February 11th, 2012 at 02:04 | #131

What’s the nonsense of this application form with eligibility?im really sad to inform you sir..The eligible candidates are 1st year M.Sc student right? but they are asking till my 4th sem marksheets.Do u thing,is this possible to send?and same time I had been send the application form without my 2nd,3rd and 4th sem marksheet but its nt sended..something showing errors..then plz inform others or change the application form or eligibility candidates because its waste of time..its just for my comnd..sry anyway..

75. maha
    February 12th, 2012 at 13:35 | #133

what type of project this summer internship project?

76. maha
    February 12th, 2012 at 13:44 | #135

summer project is based any new invention and new creation.And how many pages you are wanted.i am confused.pls reply….

77. raviteja
    February 13th, 2012 at 13:34 | #137

i am student of cbit eee, hyd are having exams during the specified time period so will there be any extension of the mentioned time period waiting for ur rply. so that we can register for it

78. YASASWINI
    February 13th, 2012 at 20:28 | #139

HELLO SIR,I am student from hyderabad..studying cse 3rd year..i am tring to apply for the summer fellowship programme….But i am facing a trouble and i am confused because while registering for the programme the registration form requires filling a field asking about my proposed internship project . Now i am confused whether this mean that i need to upload a document stating my area of interest and my previous work in concerned field or I need to upload the basic idea and the details of a project which i want to take up in iitm. please help me and clarify this to the earliest .

Thanks & regards

79. R.Archana
    February 16th, 2012 at 18:24 | #141

Respected sir,

I am studying III B.Tech CSE in NEC,Nellore.I applied for summer internship in IITM .How can i know that my form is loaded or not?because i got warnings regarding the project name.kindly inform me sir.

80. Antony
    February 16th, 2012 at 20:21 | #143

sir,
    i have also the same doubt weather my form is loaded or not?

81. M. Kousalya
    February 17th, 2012 at 21:33 | #145

Respected Sir,

When i tried to upload my thesis i got some warning errors. Which avoids me to upload the entire thesis. So please assist me how to upload the thesis.

82. sai pavan
    February 17th, 2012 at 22:04 | #147

me too has the same doubt….i got many errors after uploading……pls help me out how to upload files….i’m nervous

83. sai pavan
    February 17th, 2012 at 22:14 | #149

have u found the way….:(@M. Kousalya

84. sai pavan
    February 17th, 2012 at 22:51 | #150

hav u sent it finally??@Antony

85. sai pavan
    February 17th, 2012 at 23:32 | #151

can anyone reply…pls

86. Lovely Soni
    February 17th, 2012 at 23:48 | #152

Sir,
    I tried uploading my info n thesis but i got some errors. Can you let me know whether my form is uploaded or not. If not, Then what is the next step i have to perform. Thank You…

87. sai pavan
    February 17th, 2012 at 23:55 | #154

me too having the same prob……may b i think they no more accepts our thesis…And one more thing is that ur file didnt uploaded because if it is successful we will get application and ref number(my frnd got it) @Lovely Soni

88. Ram
    February 18th, 2012 at 11:20 | #155

hi frnds…. i too had d same prob frst ven ma thesis s sized abov 1mb.. aft wen i reduced it to 937kb it got uploaded… i thnk tat might b d fault.

89. NANTHINEE
    February 18th, 2012 at 13:18 | #157

hi.. i have registered .. bt my phone number is incorrect .. how can i change it??

90. sai pavan
    February 18th, 2012 at 15:22 | #159

Thanx a lot:)@Ram

91. sai pavan
    February 18th, 2012 at 15:23 | #160

u can get the contact list frm the site itself…….better mail them about the issue..@NANTHINEE

92. YASASWINI
    February 20th, 2012 at 20:34 | #161

thank you sir..I have applied it successfully.Can I know the expected date/month for releasing the list of selected candidate.. ????????

93. shankar
    February 26th, 2012 at 00:14 | #163

Hello sir,
    I sent the required items successfully.I’m the first in my class and I have secured fourth rank in the university level.Will they select me?If so how can I come know that I have been selected?please do reply…
    Thank you Sir.

94. prudhvi
    March 3rd, 2012 at 12:12 | #165

dear sir
    i kept an on line application for the summer internship of iit madras . plz inform results of the selected of the summer internship program

95. Nivetha
    March 5th, 2012 at 09:25 | #167

Hello Sir,

When will we know the results of the selected students?

96. Aiswarya Jayaprakash
    March 6th, 2012 at 11:24 | #169

Sir,
    I am Aiswarya Jayaprakash doing my III year B.tech(BIOINFORMATICS) in Tamil Nadu Agricultural University.I Kept an online application for summer internship in IIT Madras.Plz inform the results of selected candidates for summer internship program

97. swathi
    March 6th, 2012 at 23:09 | #170

Respected sir,
    I am swathi i have applied for summer fellowship programme 2012 , I would like to know when the results of it will be published. I request you to put it soon

98. nimra dar
    March 7th, 2012 at 19:21 | #172

i like participate programs please call me 03227518574

99. March 8th, 2012 at 19:40 | #173

when will iitm summer fellowship 2012 shortlisted candidate will be published

100. mohd mursleen
    March 13th, 2012 at 10:06 | #175

Sir,
    I am mohd mursleen doing M.tech(CS) in G.B University.I’m interested to participate in any research felloship program in the areas of CS conducted by IIT’s. Please guide me.

101. kousalya.M
    March 13th, 2012 at 17:01 | #176

When will u publish selected list for summer internship 2012?

102. March 19th, 2012 at 16:24 | #177

Kousalya,

Please follow IIT-Madras’s site for updates. They’ll announce the same. If not, you can write to them to find out.

Thanks,
    Sonal
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala
    @kousalya.M

103. March 19th, 2012 at 16:26 | #178

Mohd,

If your observe, the last date to apply has already passed. Yet, for your reference-http://www.iitm.ac.in/iitm-summer-fellowship-2012

Thanks,
    Sonal
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala
    @mohd mursleen

104. venkatesh patnana
    March 24th, 2012 at 16:29 | #179

Dear sir,
    i already submitted intership in iitm and i got the registration number.when they will reveal the names of selected candidates.myself belongs to CIVIL ENGINEERING BRANCH

105. venkatesh patnana
    March 24th, 2012 at 16:36 | #181

Dear sir,
    many of the universities toppers are not send their proposals for intership.if from that university others applied(not toppers),will u select the them.

106. March 30th, 2012 at 18:56 | #182

Dear sir,

I am a M.sc., Industrial Microbiology student in University of Madras, Guindy. i am intrested in summer internship at IIT Madras. So, please kindly consider me for Internship.

With Regards,
    Jeevitha

107. Hrudaya
    March 31st, 2012 at 17:50 | #184

Respected sir,
    I applied for internship . Now, how can i know whether im selected or not.electronics people got their result but Cse people didnt get the result sir.

108. shankar
    April 3rd, 2012 at 07:37 | #186

sir,
    what about biotechnology?

109. Sharad
    April 6th, 2012 at 14:01 | #188

Sir,
    Results are out & I got selected.
    I want to thanks Internshala for sharing and providing such useful internships…

110. Nivetha
    April 6th, 2012 at 21:37 | #190

@Sharad
    Which department did you apply for? And where are they posted?

111. shankar
    April 6th, 2012 at 23:31 | #191

sir
    i am asking about biotechnology…are they posted??
    if so can u give that link???

112. venkatesh patnana
    April 7th, 2012 at 10:51 | #192

congratulations….when will be the iitm intership results,,,,,,,,are u know?

113. Sharad
    April 7th, 2012 at 13:46 | #193

I had applied for DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
    They have mailed individually to all the selected candidates.
    I have got a mail from the HOD of Computer Science Department.
    All selected candidates would get a Summer Fellowship Program “call letter” from the respective departments where they had applied.
    And I don’t think there is a link where the results have been published.
    The Internship is from 15.05.2012 to 14.07.2012
    They are providing Accommodation too in the Hostel/Campus.
    And Again Thanks to INTERNSHALA without the help of which I wont be able to get this opportunity.

114. gayathri
    April 7th, 2012 at 18:56 | #195

when will they publish results of civil department

115. akykatiyar
    April 7th, 2012 at 23:58 | #196

congrats sharad for your selection..i think individual departments are taking interest itself….guys results are not going to be announced anywhere if u’ll get selected they will contact you individually….so cross your fingers and visit your mail id daily

116. RAJEESH R NAIR
    April 8th, 2012 at 00:16 | #197

SIR,

I would u like to apply for the summer internship program . Kindly consider my application .

117. ASWATHY S RAJ
    April 8th, 2012 at 00:18 | #199

SIR ,

118. y.jenifer christy
    April 8th, 2012 at 16:02 | #201

sir,i have applied for summer fellowship 2012 ,can you tell how can i know weather i have selected or not

119. Mangai
    April 8th, 2012 at 18:06 | #203

SIR,
    May I know my status in this summer fellowship 2012 program(Biotechnology).Can u tell me??

120. Anoopam Banerjee
    April 9th, 2012 at 17:27 | #205

Sir,
    I am a student of B.Tech+M.Tech-CSE;IV sem.
    I want to do summer internship at CAIR, DRDO, Bangalore.
    Kindly let kno w about the selection procedure.

121. divya
    April 12th, 2012 at 10:59 | #206

Did any of the civil students who have applied for internship in IIT chennai got to know about the results or did any of you get any call from IIT?

122. kousalya
    April 12th, 2012 at 15:36 | #207

please tell my status for internshia 2012?

123. PLAVITA BORA
    April 14th, 2012 at 13:40 | #208

Hello Sir.
    may i please know the criteria for selection of the candidates for summer training in itm. i actually applied and i dnt know even whether i have been selected or not., and if not what else do i need to get selected.
    Sir please reply, i am awaiting for it.

124. PLAVITA BORA
    April 14th, 2012 at 13:45 | #210

PLAVITA BORA :Hello Sir.may i please know the criteria for selection of the candidates for summer training in iitm. i actually applied and i dnt know even whether i have been selected or not., and if not what else do i need to get selected.Sir please reply, i am awaiting for it.

125. April 15th, 2012 at 23:25 | #211

sir ………….. i am durga from nit puducherry . i am completed second year in cse department …. want to join summer courses offered in iit madras……… i am so eager in doing summer couses in iit madras ….. please help me sir ..
    i am waiting for your reply sir …
    reply soon sir …as soon as possible …..

126. Gaurav
    April 16th, 2012 at 17:11 | #213

everyone who is so worried about the result…dont worry guys they will interact you directly by mail….ok and if u didnt get the mail just leave this program and try another….
    and yes DEAR SARVESH SIR I am very very thankful to you because just due to this site i got to know about this internship and now i am selected for the internship…..THANK YOU.
    NOTE- No link is available for the result…so see your mail id regularly.. I got my reply today…

127. divya
    April 16th, 2012 at 17:34 | #214

@gaurav: which department do u belong to ?

128. divya
    April 16th, 2012 at 17:35 | #215

@Gaurav
    Which department do u belong to ?

129. gaurav
    April 16th, 2012 at 22:48 | #216

My branch is MATERIAL SC. AND METALLURGICAL ENGG..

130. divya
    April 17th, 2012 at 02:45 | #217

@gaurav
    thnx for d reply . Congratulations for being selected. All the best for the internship !

131. Gaurav
    April 17th, 2012 at 07:58 | #218

Thank you and yes something for you….
    If you have capability for this internship then stay calm and keeep faith in god.He’ll surely think good for you.

132. divya
    April 17th, 2012 at 10:28 | #219

@Gaurav
    Yeah sure ! actually one of the professor called me n took onsmall interveiw on 7 of this month n said the results will be declared in d next couple of weeks so waiting for the results. Thnx !!

133. Akykatiyar
    April 17th, 2012 at 16:20 | #220

So, did u get a phone call directly without any mail or you got mail then u confirmed and then interview,.
    And whats ur branch and from which clg u r doing btech

134. divya
    April 17th, 2012 at 17:17 | #221

@Akykatiyar
    I m dng my Btech from RCOEM college of nagpur. My Branch is CIVIL. No i did not get any mail from them i just got a call from a sir n he asked a couple of general questions and den said that they will declare the results soon karke.

135. Akykatiyar
    April 17th, 2012 at 17:37 | #222

Okk but i got only a mail from HOD MSME that you r selected and yes i hav only one week to confirm for this…

136. divya
    April 17th, 2012 at 17:47 | #223

@Akykatiyar
    may be different departments are having different selection procedures anywayz congratulations for getting selected!!

137. venkatesh patnana
    April 17th, 2012 at 18:11 | #224

hai Divya and Gaurav,

may i know your percentages in the acadamic years…..?
    on what basis they are selecting the students………?

138. venkatesh patnana
    April 17th, 2012 at 18:14 | #225

Divya and Gaurav,

are you in top 3 in your universities……..?
    please give reply to my questions……….

139. venkatesh patnana
    April 17th, 2012 at 18:20 | #226

@Gaurav,

do you know how many students are applied from your branch for the intership all over india……….?

140. divya
    April 17th, 2012 at 18:40 | #227

@venkatesh patnana
    Yeah i m amongst the top 3 rank holders of my university.My aggregate percenatge is 78 %. I m nt yet selected i just received a call thats it they said that they will be most probably declaring the results in this week.

141. Akykatiyar
    April 17th, 2012 at 20:09 | #228

Dear venketesh..
    I am at the first position in my branch and yes i hav an aggregate CGPA of 8.8(till 5th sem).i think it will surely help u.
    But i dont knw how many students had applied frm my branch…whats ur branch,college and cgpa

142. Sharad
    April 19th, 2012 at 18:00 | #229

Dear Akykatiyar

did you confirm them officially about your joining ?
    And did they reply you back after your confirmation?

143. Sharad
    April 19th, 2012 at 18:25 | #230

@Gaurav

did you confirm them officially about your joining ?
    And did they reply you back after your confirmation?

144. venkatesh patnana
    April 19th, 2012 at 18:37 | #231

@Divya
    but i have one doubt that why they only phoned to you…….?
    why not for others…..?

145. venkatesh patnana
    April 19th, 2012 at 18:39 | #232

@Divya

but i have one doubt that why they only phoned to you…….?
    why not for others…..?

146. venkatesh patnana
    April 19th, 2012 at 18:44 | #233

@Akykatiyar

Thank u for your suggestion…..
    i am from GUDLAVALLERU ENGINEERING COLLEGE….
    CIVIL engineering….
    aggregate upto 4th semister is 85.2…..
    Andhra pradesh…..
    but i am not in TOP 3…….
    If god give me a chance to do in that i will do other wise COOL……
    BE +ve…….

147. venkatesh patnana
    April 19th, 2012 at 18:45 | #234

but many of the university toppers are not applied , so i got the chance…….i am not a university topper……..

148. divya
    April 19th, 2012 at 20:16 | #235

@venkatesh patnana
    They actually said that they shortlisted few students and they were calling them n takng a small interveiw.

149. venkatesh patnana
    April 20th, 2012 at 12:01 | #236

i think they are conforming weather the students are university toppers or not…….

150. bipin
    April 20th, 2012 at 18:06 | #237

i got letter regarding my selection in IITM today only(not by mail)…its not they are only selecting toppers..coz i m not a topper i m in 6th position,but got it. so dont loose hope life can surprise you at any moment.

151. divya
    April 20th, 2012 at 19:16 | #239

@bipin
    which department do u belong to ? did u get d letter by post ?

152. Akykatiyar
    April 20th, 2012 at 19:33 | #240

Hey guys they are selecting a lot of students based on the overall academic record..

153. Abraham
    April 20th, 2012 at 20:27 | #241

Sir, when will the results be declared. I am From Bits-Pilani Goa.
    I have almost finished my 3rd year and thereby the Math CDC’s.

154. Mangai
    April 21st, 2012 at 19:02 | #243

can anyone tell who has got selected in biotechnology???

155. venkatesh patnana
    April 21st, 2012 at 19:39 | #244

hai bipin,
    congratulations…….
    Are u at the position of 6th from u’r university or from your class…….
    which branch are u belongs to..?
    what is the content given in the call letter….?

156. bhushan kalra
    April 22nd, 2012 at 05:06 | #245

Sir,
    i just wanna know whether I am selected or not. I am a mechanical 3rd year student.
    please send the list of short listed students to my mail

157. sunayana
    April 24th, 2012 at 11:43 | #246

sir , i have applied for summer training in iit madras . i want to know if the list of selected candidates for the same has been issued or not ?/??

• April 27th, 2012 at 01:55 | #247

As is evident from the conversation of the students, the respective departments where eac student has applied will contact the selected students via email. The results will not be published on the website, there will not be a link to or a list of the selected candidates anywhere on the site. So be patient and check your emails regularly.
      All the best !!

Many thanks
      LinkedIn-http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

158. kousalya.M
    April 28th, 2012 at 18:38 | #248

Hello sir,
    I got result.I am seleced.Thanks you.

159. kousalya.M
    April 28th, 2012 at 18:48 | #249

sir,i have one doubt sir. please clarify,iitm project which type of based,i am only send my project proposal,12 pages.you are expected how many pages and 2months you are alloted ,this 2 months which type of work you give me sir.please tell me sir

160. venkatesh patnana
    April 30th, 2012 at 16:24 | #250

@kousalya.M

congrats for getting a chance to do project in iitm……..
    which branch are you belongs to…….?

161. kousalya.M
    May 4th, 2012 at 14:49 | #251

Dear venkatesh patnana,
    I am I msc mathematics
    tamilnadu,
    Thanks for your reply.r u selected?

162. kousalya
    May 4th, 2012 at 14:51 | #252

Hai,msc mathematics,r u selected?

163. kousalya
    May 4th, 2012 at 14:54 | #253

Anybody applied from tamilnadu,pls said

164. kousalya
    May 4th, 2012 at 14:57 | #254

Anydody know project details pls rly

165. venkatesh patnana
    May 5th, 2012 at 18:09 | #255

@kousalya

upto now i didn’t get any information regarding the selection…………..

166. akykatiyar
    May 7th, 2012 at 21:40 | #256

@sharad i made a call to the HOD of my branch in iitm that— i didnt get any reply about my confirmation then he told me that there is no need of sending confirmation….if u hav got the letter by post it means you confirmed………………..
    hey guys i hav a question to all of the selected ones tell me how many of you are joining from 14th may………or you are joining late from the reporting date…………..

167. akykatiyar
    May 7th, 2012 at 21:46 | #257

168. akykatiyar
    May 7th, 2012 at 21:50 | #258

@kausalya i hav the ans of your question
    Bcoz i had also asked to my guide about the internship project but he told me that first come here then we’ll discuss on this topic………………

169. y.jenifer christy
    May 10th, 2012 at 23:04 | #259

SIR I HAVEN’T GET ANY MAIL FROM THE HOD,IS THERE NO ANY OPEN SELECTION INTIMATION FOR IITM,LIKE IISCR,OR TIFR ,IF THERE MEAN HOW I KNOW THAT

170. Sharad
    May 13th, 2012 at 18:40 | #261

@akykatiyar

Thanks for the reply.
    I am joining from 15th May

171. akykatiyar
    May 14th, 2012 at 01:44 | #262

@sharad have you asked to the administration because you are not joining from 14….and what about hostel. are u taking hostel or not……….

172. varun
    June 10th, 2012 at 00:45 | #263

i’m studying 3rd of the dual degree integrated course in A.U. can u tell me how to apply to this internship and what are the qualifications required for this internship.

173. CH Rakesh
    June 15th, 2012 at 11:03 | #264

Sir,
    I completed my 3rd year looking for a internship in the month of july. Is there any internship for 2 weeks in the month of july. please kindly tell me sir and i am electronics and communication student.
    thanking you sir,
    your regards,
    rakesh

174. AKHIL
    July 2nd, 2012 at 19:45 | #266

some please help me out in knowing out the proceedings required for applying to internship in iitm

175. jayadev
    July 11th, 2012 at 21:28 | #268

i am pursuing 2nd year B-tech in karunya university.i will complete it by next summer.am i elegible to apply for next summer internship program..?please kindly reply

176. Dolly
    August 2nd, 2012 at 21:54 | #270

i am pursuing 2nd year btech-cse from RTU Kota (rajasthan) as i read that only university toppers are eligible for summer internship in iits.but i am not a uni. topper yet as i got 79% in 1st sem but i want iits for summer intrnship so is it possible for me…???
    please kindly reply.

177. September 8th, 2012 at 14:18 | #272

sir iam an 3rd year engineering student in anna university ,chennai.i want to do intenship in iit madras i got 80% of marks till please consider me in the next year

178. September 8th, 2012 at 19:31 | #273

@SARATH.M
    Hi – Please wait for announcement of this year. Stay tuned!

Many Thanks
    LinkedIn- http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

179. PREETHI
    October 5th, 2012 at 15:15 | #274

as am dng my final year i want to do a internship at ur college at dec2012-jan2013..
    is it possible pls reply

180. October 5th, 2012 at 16:17 | #275

@PREETHI
    Hi Preethi – You will have to check with IIT Madras on this. You can also subscribe to us to know about the latest internship as and when their applications open.

Many thanks
    LinkedIn– http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook– https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

181. tafseer
    February 1st, 2013 at 20:17 | #276

hello sir i am studying in 2nd year mech. engg. can i apply for it

182. vasanthi
    February 12th, 2013 at 11:57 | #278

sir,
    We not yet completed a mini project in our college. Is we are eligible to apply for summer fellowship program-2013 in IIT.

183. siva guru
    September 28th, 2013 at 23:42 | #280

sir,
    i am an integrated M.Tech 3rd year., student i have juz now undergone a project on data mining…i just want to know whether it is necessary that the candidate must posses best academic performance(holding top ranks)…

184. September 29th, 2013 at 11:36 | #281

Hi Siva,

Well, that would be an edge over others if you have excelled in you academics. CGPA or the best academic performance is not the only criteria interns are evaluated on.

Many thanks
    LinkedIn- http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

185. Danish
    February 12th, 2014 at 23:24 | #282

Sir I m a student of Master of social work from MNNIT can I apply this…

Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Refund & Cancellation Policy