Internship at IIT Madras – Summer Fellowship Program 2012 – Chennai, India

IIT Madras Summer Fellowship Program 2012One of the most awaited internship, IIT Madras Summer Fellowship Program, is back! An exciting summer internship opportunity at IIT Madras (with stipend) for students of all the branches. The last date to apply is 17-Feb-2012. Hurry!

About Internship: –The IITM  ‐ Summer Fellowship  Program of two months with stipend  is designed to enhance awareness and interest in high quality academic research among young Engineering, Management, Sciences and  Humanities students through a goal oriented  summer mini‐project undertaken at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras

Who can apply: –Candidates pursuing third year of B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc(Engineering), Integrated M.E/M.Tech program, first  year of  M.E/M.Tech/M.Sc/M.A, MBA with outstanding academic background  in terms of high ranks (top 3) in university examinations are encouraged to apply, highlighting their academic performance and achievement including papers presented at seminars, projects executed, design contests participated, score/rank in Mathematics Olympiad and any other awards/distinctions obtained. IIT Students are not eligible to apply

Participating Departments: – Aerospace Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Bio Technology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Engineering Design, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management Studies

Application Deadline: – 17th February 2012

Location: –IIT Madras, Chennai, India

Duration: –2 months (15th May-14th July 2012, flexible)

Stipend: – INR 6,500 fixed

How to apply: –Please refer to IIT Madras Summer Fellowship 2012 Page for more info and application details

Editor’s note: – Information above is my interpretation and paraphrasing of what I found on the shared link. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.

This internship was shared by Ashwin Aggarwal from Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technology and Research and with this he wins his 1st prize in Share an Internship – Win Exciting Prizes contest. Congratulations Ashwin!

You can also share any meaningful internship that you know and join the movement to build a Wikipedia of internships and win exciting prizes. Check out the FAQs Section for more details.

Logo image location: – http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/69/IIT_Madras_Logo.svg/200px-IIT_Madras_Logo.svg.png

View latest internship on Internshala.

288 thoughts on “Internship at IIT Madras – Summer Fellowship Program 2012 – Chennai, India

• March 1, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Dear Sir

I am a CSE 2nd year student in VIT, VELLORE, I am interested in summer internship at IIT M, kindly consider me for internship

B Rgds

Diptanshu Purwar
    09566811032

• March 1, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Hi Diptanshu,

You will have to click on the link given in the blog above to apply. I am not managing IIT M internship program.

• March 6, 2011 at 12:32 AM

Sarvesh Sir
    I am applied for internship in iitm.
    Can u tell me how i know that i am selected for internship or not???and What is the expected date for confirmation of selection????

• March 6, 2011 at 12:48 AM

My sense is that you will be intimated if you are selected. Otherwise you could write to the HoD’s office of the relevant depart (Computer Science?) and inquire.

• March 7, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Dear Sir,
    I have applied for the summer internship in computer science and engg department .
    from where i can get the information wether i am selected or not ?
    please write me..

• March 7, 2011 at 9:18 PM

dear sir,
    i have allied for summer internship in eee department.
    from where i can the information whether i am selected or not?
    please write me.

• March 8, 2011 at 9:50 AM

@navyasree and @ Zeeshan,

You will have to contact the department directly to find out the status of your application. The department contact details can be found on IIT Madras website.

• March 11, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Dear sir,
    I was not knowing about the last date of the submission of the application form for the summer project in IIT,Madras. Sir here there’s a request will my application form be accepted now

• March 12, 2011 at 12:36 AM

@Madhushree
    My sense is no. There are a few other internships posted here – see if something else may interest you.

• March 13, 2011 at 1:44 PM

I am doing my fourth semester Dual degree ( elec and communications) at IIT madras. Give me some clues to select and identify internships at Chennai for summer 2011

• March 13, 2011 at 3:13 PM

@Sriram

Any meaningful internships that I come across get posted here, so keep visiting.

For the clues part, visit Internship Tips section.

• April 7, 2011 at 12:04 PM

when nd where will d short listed student selected for summer internship program will declare plz reply as soon as possible

• April 8, 2011 at 4:36 PM

You will have to check directly with the department to which you have applied, I do not have any information on the results myself. Department contact numbers are given at IIT Madras website.

• April 9, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Dear sir,

i am studying in Madras Christian College,Tambaram. currently doing I,M.Sc Marine Studies,
    in IIT any internship programs available related marine. My course comes under the Life Science.

• April 10, 2011 at 12:47 AM

My sense is no and anyway for the summer fellowship program, the deadline is long past. Would you know which all places your seniors would have done the internships? May be I could try to reach someone there.

• April 11, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Dear sir,
    Has Result been declared or not for fellowship program. I do not no whether i got selected or not.

• April 11, 2011 at 9:19 PM

You will have to check directly with the department that you had applied to. I am myself not aware of the status. The contact numbers of all the departments are given on IIT Madras website.

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best.

• April 22, 2011 at 12:05 PM

i want one month interships

• April 22, 2011 at 12:05 PM

i want one month internships training program

• April 22, 2011 at 12:06 PM

i want one month interships pls contact 9094048415

• April 22, 2011 at 12:44 PM

All the internships that I know of are posted on the blog – please feel free to surf around and apply to the ones that may interest you.

Hope this helps and wish you all the best!

• April 22, 2011 at 5:48 PM

can a 2nd year mechatronics guy can undergo the above internship

• April 22, 2011 at 8:01 PM

I don’t think so and moreover, the last date is past long back, do try for this internship next year.

thanks
      96507 22001

• May 20, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Sir,
    I want to do internship. So, what is the procedure to get internship.

• May 21, 2011 at 10:48 PM

This particular internship is closed quite some time back – for others, surf around on the blog – you may find something relevant.

Wish you all the best!

• June 6, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Dear Sir,
    I am a CSE 2nd year student in Anna University(Trichy). I would Like to participate in your internship program IIT M, kindly consider me for internship and please let me the details soon.

• June 10, 2011 at 6:23 AM

The program is for students at the end of their 3rd year of Engineering and for this year the last date to apply is long past. Don’t forget to apply for the program next year. Why not like us on facebook and stay tuned to latest announcements and internships?

Wish you all the best!

• June 16, 2011 at 8:27 AM

can a student,who z studying under JNTU UNIVERSITY apply for summer internships at any iit with an a percentage of 80-90%

please do respond on my request.

thanks.

• June 17, 2011 at 7:22 AM

You can but deadline for applying to this summer’s internship program is over now! However, there are quite a few other internships posted on the blog that you may find relevant. You can also like Internshala on facebook and get regular updates on the best of the internships.

• August 15, 2011 at 7:18 PM

dear sir
    i am a second year cse student in nit puucherry .i want to participate in internship program.my percentage in first year is 7.54% .so give me some clues to select and identify one month internships at iit madras at the end of my third semester .

sir please respond on my comment

• August 22, 2011 at 4:43 PM

IIT Madras offers a formal Summer Research Fellowship Program to students at the end of 6th semester, for anything other than that I’d recommend that you look up the faculty profile on the we and write to the ones whose research areas match with your interest area – something may work out!

Wish you all the best!

• August 30, 2011 at 12:18 PM

sir,is this internship applicable to the students of final year?

• September 24, 2011 at 7:52 PM

How to apply for the coming 2012 intern program in IIT?My dept is ECE.I am currently pursuing my 3rd year..Kindly tell me the eligibility criteria.
    Thanking you.

• October 7, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I am student of B.Tech III yr ( Mechanical ) at G.B pant Uni. Pantnagar, uttarakhand. I want to do internship at any IITs in India in May 2012. Kindly guide me in this regard.

• October 22, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Hi Utkarsh,

Stay tuned on Internshala and you would soon get notification when these internship programs become available again. You may also like Internshala on facebook and get instant alerts on the new internships that get posted.

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best!

• October 10, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Dear sir,
    I am doing B.E. III yr (mechanical ) – 5th semester at Kumaraguru College of Technology, coimbatore under anna university control. I am interested in doing my internship in IIT Madras. My field of interest is product designing… How can i register for that internship? What is last date for applying?.. kindly guide me
    thanks+regards
    karthi
    +91 9788228121

• October 13, 2011 at 12:19 AM

hello..

i would like to know if MCA students are elligible for the same?

• October 22, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Not sure, would suggest wait till the notification comes out and that should have the eligibility criteria listed. You may also like Internshala on facebook and get regular updates on relevant internships.

• October 13, 2011 at 8:58 PM

sir how to apply for internship programees in the summer in the iits……i am an I.T. student and currently in the 1st year ……..will be thankful if you kindly help me ……

• October 17, 2011 at 7:02 AM

hello….
    am a 2nd year student of IT department , am intrested in intenship
    is there any chance for the 2nd year students this time i mean for 2012,,,,

• October 18, 2011 at 12:10 AM

hello..
    I am 3rd year student of CSE.. I am interested in internship so kindly tell me the procedure..

• January 17, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Sir,
    I am a 2nd year student of Delhi University presently doing B.Sc.(H) Geology.As Geology is not included in the science departments,I just want to clarify whether I can apply for the department of ocean engineering or not as oceanography is a vital branch in our curriculum..
    Thanking you,
    Arnab.

• January 17, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Dear Sir

I am a ECE 3nd year student in ITM,GWALIOR, I am interested in summer internship at IIT M, kindly consider me for internship

DEEPAK BHOLA
    09806156043

• January 18, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Dear Sir
    I am a CS 3rd year student, I am intersted in summer internship at IITM,
    I have Trimister System then how can attach Semister wise Marksheet .

• January 20, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Thats a tricky one and I honestly do not know the answer. But if I were you, I would either call up IIT Madras (Assistant Registrar, Acads) and inquire or club 2 tri semesters into 1 and write aggregate there.

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best!

LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ Internshala

• January 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Sir,
    I am an MBA student of department of management ,pondicherry university, I am one among the top ten as per my university results for the first semister, Am i eligible to apply? as u have told that only to 3 are eligible.

• January 18, 2012 at 6:11 PM

sir,
    I am an e.c.e final year student of methodist college of engineering and technology.u have mentioned that only 3rd years students are eligible.can final year students apply for this internship? as i am very much intrested to do this internship

• January 18, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Sir,
    I am pursuing my final year B.Tech in the stream of civil engineering in Mallareddy engineering college (affiliated to JNTU). My aggregate percentage is 80. I am very much interested in this internship program, can i apply for this program…
    If i am not eligible for this program, are there any other internship programs for which i am eligible. Please provide me the details.

• January 20, 2012 at 8:41 PM

This internship is for pre-final year students only so you may not apply. Other internships that are posted on the portal are pretty much open to everyone – surf around and hopefully you would be able to find something relevant soon.

LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ Internshala

• January 18, 2012 at 8:46 PM

sir, i m cse 3rd year student.. but i m an average student.. not a topper.. and eager to participate, cn i .. ???

• January 20, 2012 at 8:43 PM

The requirement states top 3 so I’d think that chances would be pretty weak unless the toppers from your college are not applying. There are quite a few other internships posted – surf around and hopefully you would find something relevant soon.

LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ Internshala

• January 18, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Hello Sir.
    i have applied for the summer internship 2012. plz do lemme know when to join the same.
    thanking you for such an opportunity and expecting contact from you soon.
    but will we be personally informed or we have to get upon the office?

• January 19, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Under the letter from the insti upload option, s t fine if i send a scanned copy of a letter from the head of the dept. tat i m required/interested to apply or shud it hav a recommendation ?

• January 19, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Hello,
    I am a dual degree student.(Msc. maths + B.E.Mechanical).Right now i am doing my math courses and my mechanical courses have not started yet(will start next sem from august).So can i apply to mechanical department?

• January 20, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I would think that would be difficult to sell idea as the project work would require you to have prior knowledge of Mechanical Engineering subject which you would not have. Why not apply for Maths instead?

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best!

LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ Internshala

• January 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Dear sir,
    I m the first year student of M.Sc. Computer Science(2nd semester) of Central university of Bihar, Patna.
    I completed my B.Sc. yearly wise. semester system was not there. so please guide me……

• January 19, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Thanks administrators,

I am aware of the results last year, no offence, but in spite of being asked for all your details, the only piece of information seemed to have been checked is the NAME OF THE COLLEGE! And if you know what I mean, you better keep off from trying if it doesn’t stand very close in ranking next to IITM it self!

• January 20, 2012 at 3:53 PM

WTF! Not for IIT Students

• January 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Yes, not for IIT students. The core objective of the fellowship program is to introduce non IIT students to research environment available at IIT so that they could consider applying for MS/M.Tech programs at IIT. Obviously IIT students by virtue of already being there know about it and hence are not the target audience for the fellowship program.

Also “WTF” is a good shout – but may be you would consider that its a serious academic forum and there are more civilized ways to ask a question. Something for you to ponder over the weekend :)

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best!

LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ Internshala

• January 21, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Respected Sir

I am interested to join IITM as an intern in the department of Computer Science and Engineering. I wanted to know ‘ Letter From your Institute ‘ means the IITM needs No Objection Certificate(from HoD) from the institution where I presently pursue my BE 3rd year or Letter of recommendation. ?
    Please reply me which letter IITM demands for IITM Summer Fellowship-2012 .So that I can soon get it and apply at the earliest.

Kindly reply soon.

With warm regards

• January 26, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Someone in the comment section has answered this – “@surya:
      even i have applied for the internship… when i called and asked them regarding the ‘letter from the institution’, they said that we need to scan the bonafide certificate from the college and send it in pdf format.. so that’s wat i did…” and I think that should do. Best would be to call up and confirm.

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best!

LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ Internshala

• January 22, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Respected sir ,
    I am interested in the internship , please tell me procedure to apply .

• January 22, 2012 at 2:02 PM

@Sarvesh

The IITM Internship program states that people who are in teh third year of enginieering can apply. I am finishing my 2nd year ( 4th Sem) in May 2012 and going to the third year (5th Sem). Am I eligible and can I apply?

Priyanka Padmanabhan
    Electronics Engineering
    VJTI , Mumbai

• January 22, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Hello sir

I would like to do internship in IITM, currently I am doing my masters in human resource management MA(hrm) second sem. Am I eligible for this programme?? I have secured 84% in my first sem. Kindly help me in this. Thanks

• January 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM

@surya:

• January 23, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Sir,
    i am pursuing my third year b.tech in the stream of mechatronics engineering in Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology(MGIT)(affiliated to jntu,hyd).my aggregate percentage is 74.
    i am very much interested in this internship program…am i eligible for this internship???

• January 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Dear Sir
    Are the students of third year only applicable to apply for this internship?
    please reply back so that i could apply on time.
    Can u also give me the link?
    I couldn’t find it on IITM website

• January 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM

dear sir,
    iam pursuing my 3rd yr btech degree in ece branch,iam very much interested in intership..will u please give me details about the internship for ece department

• January 24, 2012 at 8:57 AM

What should the ‘letter from our institution’ say? is it a Bonafide certificate if not pls tel its specifications?

• January 26, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Yes, Bonafide certificate should do.

• January 24, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Dear sir,
    I am pursuing 3rd yr from ece stream.with an aggregate of 75% .can i apply for internship?
    and how can apply?am very much interested in internships sir…

• January 24, 2012 at 6:58 PM

respected sir,
    i am student in b.tech bio tech 3rd yr but i am not in the top 3 rank of university merit so can u please tell me can i apply for it or not? i have presented my three papers in nation seminars, got 2nd prize in debate competition, and have participated many competition. now i am working on bio remediation with the help of micro organism. please tell me m i eligible for it or not.
    thankyou sir.

• January 25, 2012 at 9:43 PM

why iit students are not eligible?

• January 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Dear sir,

I don’t have my pg fist semester mark sheet with me. is it OK?? can I upload the downloaded copy from system.?Kindly help me in this. Thanks.

Regards
    shreelekha

• January 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Sarvesh sir,
    I am pursuing my b.tech 3rd year in electrical engineering from one of the JNTU affliciated engineering college ( mahatma gandhi institute of technology, hyderabad). In the application form it is given mandetory that we have to upload the previous semesters memos of atleast 4 sems. But in jntu university in the first year we do have only one semester, two semesters in 2 nd year and the results of 3-1 semester were not released yet and as per the source our results will be released in feb ending. What we have to now so that my application will be accepted.
    And what we have to exactly upload in “About Your Proposed Internship Project *” in the application form? please help me in this. thank you and will be waiting for your early reply

Regards,
    Vivek Koushik

• February 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Hi Vivek,

My sense is that you should upload what you have. But please do call up IIT Madras to confirm.

“About Your Proposed Internship Project” should contain a brief on the topic or area you want to do the project in. Its like statement of purpose (SOP) where you explain the kind of work that you would want to be engaged in during the summers. Somewhere on the blog in “The Expert Talk” section there is an article on SOP writing – you may refer to that.

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best!

LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

• January 27, 2012 at 8:23 PM

i am eee with 75% marks.will i be selected?

• January 28, 2012 at 5:19 AM

sir,
    there is no column in the form to send our achievements like ppt etc.then how to send them ?plz reply

• January 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM

I am pursuing my b.tech 3rd year in chemical engineering from JNTU, Anantapur.
    What we have to exactly upload in “About Your Proposed Internship Project ” in the application form and where should we show case our achievements

• January 28, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I am a third year EEE student. I would like to know what is that we have to upload in ABOUT YOUR PROPOSED INTERNSHIP PROJECT. kindly help me out.

• January 29, 2012 at 8:12 AM

hello sir ..am a third yr Automobile engineering student from MIT … pls guide me about “the proposed project idea” that is asked..

• January 29, 2012 at 1:01 PM

sir,

i would to apply for the iit m internship program. but i am not in the top 3. but i have a good co- curicullar profile and have done many projects. can i apply for it?

• January 30, 2012 at 11:01 AM

i anm Armah sultana .Md of 3 eee from shri vishnu engineering college for women , bhimavaram,A.P.i would like 2 do my internship at iit madras so pls acept my internship request

• February 3, 2012 at 11:16 AM

hello sir ,
    sir i am pursuing B.tech in CSE ,I want to apply for this internship , but I dont have mark sheet of 4th sem , can you please tell me if i am eligible to apply for this .

• February 3, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Sir,
    I am a student of M.Sc Zoology, first year. Would be grateful if you could be kind enough to inform me whether I am eligible for this internship or not.
    Regards

• February 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Sir,

my university doesnt give 2 months vacation after any semester. i am doing chemical engg and have a cgpa till 4th sem of 8.77/10. will i have an option of 1 month or 2 week internship anywhere ? kindly reply. . .

• February 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Respected sir,
    I am doing 1st year M.Sc biotechnology.I have many doubt to fill the application form because i was completed my 1st semester only but they are asking till my 4th semester marks and also they asking some pdf formet letter from my instute but there are very difficult to send so if there any option to send my letter and mark sheets directly without using internet? Please kindly reply me sir.
    Thanking you sir.

• February 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM

You will have to check with IIT Madras on this (somewhere in the comments below someone has mentioned whom to call up). My sense is that IIT Madras has done away with Paper applications. And you may enter marks of just 1st sem and leave others blank for now.

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best!

LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

• February 4, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Respected sir,
    i am a final year student ( on 8th sem). am i applicable for this summer internship conducted by you….. please replay me.

• February 5, 2012 at 12:24 AM

sir i am a student of material science and metallurgical engg. btech 3 rd yr.. i wanna know that according to last year merit, for selection how much% is required for getting chance to do the project from iitm.
    my aggregate cgpa is 8.52 till 4th sem and 8.8 till 5th. sem and my hsc percentage is 79.8. is it sufficient or not???? please make reply

• February 5, 2012 at 8:02 PM

• February 7, 2012 at 6:44 PM

SIR, AT FIRST THANKS FOR THIS INFORMATION. SIR I AM DOING MY B.TECH IN ECE BRANCH CAN I APPLY FOR THIS INTERNSHIP? REPLY AS SSON AS POSSIBLE.

• February 9, 2012 at 6:22 PM

dear sir,
    im studying 2nd year (4th sem) at present. can i apply for IITM internship?

• February 9, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Sir how important is the cgpa criterion?
    My cgpa is 6 but i am from a good institute.

• February 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM

can we apply for two or more departments for intern at iit madras.

• February 11, 2012 at 2:04 AM

What’s the nonsense of this application form with eligibility?im really sad to inform you sir..The eligible candidates are 1st year M.Sc student right? but they are asking till my 4th sem marksheets.Do u thing,is this possible to send?and same time I had been send the application form without my 2nd,3rd and 4th sem marksheet but its nt sended..something showing errors..then plz inform others or change the application form or eligibility candidates because its waste of time..its just for my comnd..sry anyway..

• February 12, 2012 at 1:35 PM

what type of project this summer internship project?

• February 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM

summer project is based any new invention and new creation.And how many pages you are wanted.i am confused.pls reply….

• February 13, 2012 at 1:34 PM

i am student of cbit eee, hyd are having exams during the specified time period so will there be any extension of the mentioned time period waiting for ur rply. so that we can register for it

• February 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM

HELLO SIR,I am student from hyderabad..studying cse 3rd year..i am tring to apply for the summer fellowship programme….But i am facing a trouble and i am confused because while registering for the programme the registration form requires filling a field asking about my proposed internship project . Now i am confused whether this mean that i need to upload a document stating my area of interest and my previous work in concerned field or I need to upload the basic idea and the details of a project which i want to take up in iitm. please help me and clarify this to the earliest .

Thanks & regards

• February 16, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Respected sir,

I am studying III B.Tech CSE in NEC,Nellore.I applied for summer internship in IITM .How can i know that my form is loaded or not?because i got warnings regarding the project name.kindly inform me sir.

• February 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM

sir,
    i have also the same doubt weather my form is loaded or not?

• February 17, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Respected Sir,

When i tried to upload my thesis i got some warning errors. Which avoids me to upload the entire thesis. So please assist me how to upload the thesis.

• February 17, 2012 at 10:04 PM

me too has the same doubt….i got many errors after uploading……pls help me out how to upload files….i’m nervous

• February 17, 2012 at 10:51 PM

hav u sent it finally??@Antony

• February 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

can anyone reply…pls

• February 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Sir,
    I tried uploading my info n thesis but i got some errors. Can you let me know whether my form is uploaded or not. If not, Then what is the next step i have to perform. Thank You…

• February 17, 2012 at 11:55 PM

me too having the same prob……may b i think they no more accepts our thesis…And one more thing is that ur file didnt uploaded because if it is successful we will get application and ref number(my frnd got it) @Lovely Soni

• February 18, 2012 at 11:20 AM

hi frnds…. i too had d same prob frst ven ma thesis s sized abov 1mb.. aft wen i reduced it to 937kb it got uploaded… i thnk tat might b d fault.

• February 18, 2012 at 1:18 PM

hi.. i have registered .. bt my phone number is incorrect .. how can i change it??

• February 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Thanx a lot:)@Ram

• February 18, 2012 at 3:23 PM

u can get the contact list frm the site itself…….better mail them about the issue..@NANTHINEE

• February 20, 2012 at 8:34 PM

thank you sir..I have applied it successfully.Can I know the expected date/month for releasing the list of selected candidate.. ????????

• February 26, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Hello sir,
    I sent the required items successfully.I’m the first in my class and I have secured fourth rank in the university level.Will they select me?If so how can I come know that I have been selected?please do reply…
    Thank you Sir.

• March 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM

dear sir
    i kept an on line application for the summer internship of iit madras . plz inform results of the selected of the summer internship program

• March 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Hello Sir,

When will we know the results of the selected students?

• March 6, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Sir,
    I am Aiswarya Jayaprakash doing my III year B.tech(BIOINFORMATICS) in Tamil Nadu Agricultural University.I Kept an online application for summer internship in IIT Madras.Plz inform the results of selected candidates for summer internship program

• March 6, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Respected sir,
    I am swathi i have applied for summer fellowship programme 2012 , I would like to know when the results of it will be published. I request you to put it soon

• March 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM

i like participate programs please call me 03227518574

• March 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM

when will iitm summer fellowship 2012 shortlisted candidate will be published

• March 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Sir,
    I am mohd mursleen doing M.tech(CS) in G.B University.I’m interested to participate in any research felloship program in the areas of CS conducted by IIT’s. Please guide me.

• March 13, 2012 at 5:01 PM

When will u publish selected list for summer internship 2012?

• March 24, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Dear sir,
    i already submitted intership in iitm and i got the registration number.when they will reveal the names of selected candidates.myself belongs to CIVIL ENGINEERING BRANCH

• March 24, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Dear sir,
    many of the universities toppers are not send their proposals for intership.if from that university others applied(not toppers),will u select the them.

• March 30, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Dear sir,

I am a M.sc., Industrial Microbiology student in University of Madras, Guindy. i am intrested in summer internship at IIT Madras. So, please kindly consider me for Internship.

With Regards,
    Jeevitha

• March 31, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Respected sir,
    I applied for internship . Now, how can i know whether im selected or not.electronics people got their result but Cse people didnt get the result sir.

• April 3, 2012 at 7:37 AM

sir,
    what about biotechnology?

• April 4, 2012 at 12:21 AM

what about it?

• April 6, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Sir,
    Results are out & I got selected.
    I want to thanks Internshala for sharing and providing such useful internships…

• April 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM

@Sharad
    Which department did you apply for? And where are they posted?

• April 6, 2012 at 11:31 PM

sir
    i am asking about biotechnology…are they posted??
    if so can u give that link???

• April 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM

congratulations….when will be the iitm intership results,,,,,,,,are u know?

• April 7, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I had applied for DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
    They have mailed individually to all the selected candidates.
    I have got a mail from the HOD of Computer Science Department.
    All selected candidates would get a Summer Fellowship Program “call letter” from the respective departments where they had applied.
    And I don’t think there is a link where the results have been published.
    The Internship is from 15.05.2012 to 14.07.2012
    They are providing Accommodation too in the Hostel/Campus.
    And Again Thanks to INTERNSHALA without the help of which I wont be able to get this opportunity.

• April 7, 2012 at 6:56 PM

when will they publish results of civil department

• April 7, 2012 at 11:58 PM

congrats sharad for your selection..i think individual departments are taking interest itself….guys results are not going to be announced anywhere if u’ll get selected they will contact you individually….so cross your fingers and visit your mail id daily

• April 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM

SIR,

I would u like to apply for the summer internship program . Kindly consider my application .

• April 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM

SIR ,

• April 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM

sir,i have applied for summer fellowship 2012 ,can you tell how can i know weather i have selected or not

• April 8, 2012 at 6:06 PM

SIR,
    May I know my status in this summer fellowship 2012 program(Biotechnology).Can u tell me??

• April 9, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Sir,
    I am a student of B.Tech+M.Tech-CSE;IV sem.
    I want to do summer internship at CAIR, DRDO, Bangalore.
    Kindly let kno w about the selection procedure.

• April 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Did any of the civil students who have applied for internship in IIT chennai got to know about the results or did any of you get any call from IIT?

• April 12, 2012 at 3:36 PM

please tell my status for internshia 2012?

• April 14, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Hello Sir.
    may i please know the criteria for selection of the candidates for summer training in itm. i actually applied and i dnt know even whether i have been selected or not., and if not what else do i need to get selected.
    Sir please reply, i am awaiting for it.

• April 14, 2012 at 1:45 PM

PLAVITA BORA :Hello Sir.may i please know the criteria for selection of the candidates for summer training in iitm. i actually applied and i dnt know even whether i have been selected or not., and if not what else do i need to get selected.Sir please reply, i am awaiting for it.

• April 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM

sir ………….. i am durga from nit puducherry . i am completed second year in cse department …. want to join summer courses offered in iit madras……… i am so eager in doing summer couses in iit madras ….. please help me sir ..
    i am waiting for your reply sir …
    reply soon sir …as soon as possible …..

• April 28, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Hi Durga- We apologize for not being able to contact you on time. If you had already applied for the internship, then well and good because the results are out now. If no, don’t worry. Internshala has several internships posted on its portal everyday. Keep looking. :)
      All the best!!

LinkedIn-http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

• April 16, 2012 at 5:11 PM

everyone who is so worried about the result…dont worry guys they will interact you directly by mail….ok and if u didnt get the mail just leave this program and try another….
    and yes DEAR SARVESH SIR I am very very thankful to you because just due to this site i got to know about this internship and now i am selected for the internship…..THANK YOU.
    NOTE- No link is available for the result…so see your mail id regularly.. I got my reply today…

• April 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM

@gaurav: which department do u belong to ?

• April 16, 2012 at 5:35 PM

@Gaurav
    Which department do u belong to ?

• April 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM

My branch is MATERIAL SC. AND METALLURGICAL ENGG..

• April 17, 2012 at 2:45 AM

@gaurav
    thnx for d reply . Congratulations for being selected. All the best for the internship !

• April 17, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Thank you and yes something for you….
    If you have capability for this internship then stay calm and keeep faith in god.He’ll surely think good for you.

• April 17, 2012 at 10:28 AM

@Gaurav
    Yeah sure ! actually one of the professor called me n took onsmall interveiw on 7 of this month n said the results will be declared in d next couple of weeks so waiting for the results. Thnx !!

• April 17, 2012 at 4:20 PM

So, did u get a phone call directly without any mail or you got mail then u confirmed and then interview,.
    And whats ur branch and from which clg u r doing btech

• April 17, 2012 at 5:17 PM

@Akykatiyar
    I m dng my Btech from RCOEM college of nagpur. My Branch is CIVIL. No i did not get any mail from them i just got a call from a sir n he asked a couple of general questions and den said that they will declare the results soon karke.

• April 17, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Okk but i got only a mail from HOD MSME that you r selected and yes i hav only one week to confirm for this…

• April 17, 2012 at 5:47 PM

@Akykatiyar
    may be different departments are having different selection procedures anywayz congratulations for getting selected!!

• April 17, 2012 at 6:11 PM

hai Divya and Gaurav,

may i know your percentages in the acadamic years…..?
    on what basis they are selecting the students………?

• April 17, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Divya and Gaurav,

are you in top 3 in your universities……..?
    please give reply to my questions……….

• April 17, 2012 at 6:20 PM

@Gaurav,

do you know how many students are applied from your branch for the intership all over india……….?

• April 17, 2012 at 6:40 PM

@venkatesh patnana
    Yeah i m amongst the top 3 rank holders of my university.My aggregate percenatge is 78 %. I m nt yet selected i just received a call thats it they said that they will be most probably declaring the results in this week.

• April 17, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Dear venketesh..
    I am at the first position in my branch and yes i hav an aggregate CGPA of 8.8(till 5th sem).i think it will surely help u.
    But i dont knw how many students had applied frm my branch…whats ur branch,college and cgpa

• April 19, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Dear Akykatiyar

did you confirm them officially about your joining ?
    And did they reply you back after your confirmation?

• April 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM

@Gaurav

did you confirm them officially about your joining ?
    And did they reply you back after your confirmation?

• April 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM

@Divya
    but i have one doubt that why they only phoned to you…….?
    why not for others…..?

• April 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM

@Divya

but i have one doubt that why they only phoned to you…….?
    why not for others…..?

• April 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM

@Akykatiyar

Thank u for your suggestion…..
    i am from GUDLAVALLERU ENGINEERING COLLEGE….
    CIVIL engineering….
    aggregate upto 4th semister is 85.2…..
    Andhra pradesh…..
    but i am not in TOP 3…….
    If god give me a chance to do in that i will do other wise COOL……
    BE +ve…….

• April 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

but many of the university toppers are not applied , so i got the chance…….i am not a university topper……..

• April 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM

@venkatesh patnana
    They actually said that they shortlisted few students and they were calling them n takng a small interveiw.

• April 20, 2012 at 12:01 PM

i think they are conforming weather the students are university toppers or not…….

• April 20, 2012 at 6:06 PM

i got letter regarding my selection in IITM today only(not by mail)…its not they are only selecting toppers..coz i m not a topper i m in 6th position,but got it. so dont loose hope life can surprise you at any moment.

• April 20, 2012 at 7:16 PM

@bipin
    which department do u belong to ? did u get d letter by post ?

• April 20, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Hey guys they are selecting a lot of students based on the overall academic record..

• April 20, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Sir, when will the results be declared. I am From Bits-Pilani Goa.
    I have almost finished my 3rd year and thereby the Math CDC’s.

• April 21, 2012 at 7:02 PM

can anyone tell who has got selected in biotechnology???

• April 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM

hai bipin,
    congratulations…….
    Are u at the position of 6th from u’r university or from your class…….
    which branch are u belongs to..?
    what is the content given in the call letter….?

• April 22, 2012 at 5:06 AM

Sir,
    i just wanna know whether I am selected or not. I am a mechanical 3rd year student.
    please send the list of short listed students to my mail

• April 24, 2012 at 11:43 AM

sir , i have applied for summer training in iit madras . i want to know if the list of selected candidates for the same has been issued or not ?/??

• April 27, 2012 at 1:55 AM

As is evident from the conversation of the students, the respective departments where eac student has applied will contact the selected students via email. The results will not be published on the website, there will not be a link to or a list of the selected candidates anywhere on the site. So be patient and check your emails regularly.
      All the best !!

LinkedIn-http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

• April 28, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Hello sir,
    I got result.I am seleced.Thanks you.

• April 28, 2012 at 6:48 PM

sir,i have one doubt sir. please clarify,iitm project which type of based,i am only send my project proposal,12 pages.you are expected how many pages and 2months you are alloted ,this 2 months which type of work you give me sir.please tell me sir

• April 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

@kousalya.M

congrats for getting a chance to do project in iitm……..
    which branch are you belongs to…….?

• May 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Dear venkatesh patnana,
    I am I msc mathematics
    tamilnadu,
    Thanks for your reply.r u selected?

• May 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Hai,msc mathematics,r u selected?

• May 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Anybody applied from tamilnadu,pls said

• May 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Anydody know project details pls rly

• May 5, 2012 at 6:09 PM

@kousalya

upto now i didn’t get any information regarding the selection…………..

• May 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM

@sharad i made a call to the HOD of my branch in iitm that— i didnt get any reply about my confirmation then he told me that there is no need of sending confirmation….if u hav got the letter by post it means you confirmed………………..
    hey guys i hav a question to all of the selected ones tell me how many of you are joining from 14th may………or you are joining late from the reporting date…………..

• May 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM

• May 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM

@kausalya i hav the ans of your question
    Bcoz i had also asked to my guide about the internship project but he told me that first come here then we’ll discuss on this topic………………

• May 10, 2012 at 11:04 PM

SIR I HAVEN’T GET ANY MAIL FROM THE HOD,IS THERE NO ANY OPEN SELECTION INTIMATION FOR IITM,LIKE IISCR,OR TIFR ,IF THERE MEAN HOW I KNOW THAT

• May 13, 2012 at 6:40 PM

@akykatiyar

Thanks for the reply.
    I am joining from 15th May

• May 14, 2012 at 1:44 AM

@sharad have you asked to the administration because you are not joining from 14….and what about hostel. are u taking hostel or not……….

• June 10, 2012 at 12:45 AM

i’m studying 3rd of the dual degree integrated course in A.U. can u tell me how to apply to this internship and what are the qualifications required for this internship.

• June 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Sir,
    I completed my 3rd year looking for a internship in the month of july. Is there any internship for 2 weeks in the month of july. please kindly tell me sir and i am electronics and communication student.
    thanking you sir,
    your regards,
    rakesh

• July 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM

some please help me out in knowing out the proceedings required for applying to internship in iitm

• July 11, 2012 at 9:28 PM

i am pursuing 2nd year B-tech in karunya university.i will complete it by next summer.am i elegible to apply for next summer internship program..?please kindly reply

• August 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM

i am pursuing 2nd year btech-cse from RTU Kota (rajasthan) as i read that only university toppers are eligible for summer internship in iits.but i am not a uni. topper yet as i got 79% in 1st sem but i want iits for summer intrnship so is it possible for me…???
    please kindly reply.

• August 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM

@Dolly
      Hi- All the internships that I come across are posted on the portal (www.internshala.com) – stay tuned on Internshala, you should be able to find something of relevant soon. Also sign up on Internconnect (http://www.internshala.com/internconnect) to see where all your seniors and people in your network have interned before and contact them for help – strongly recommended! The portal also has a Tips section which could help with some important pointers, did you have a look?

Many Thanks
      LinkedIn- http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

• September 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM

sir iam an 3rd year engineering student in anna university ,chennai.i want to do intenship in iit madras i got 80% of marks till please consider me in the next year

• October 5, 2012 at 3:15 PM

as am dng my final year i want to do a internship at ur college at dec2012-jan2013..
    is it possible pls reply

• February 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM

hello sir i am studying in 2nd year mech. engg. can i apply for it

• February 12, 2013 at 11:57 AM

sir,
    We not yet completed a mini project in our college. Is we are eligible to apply for summer fellowship program-2013 in IIT.

• September 28, 2013 at 11:42 PM

sir,
    i am an integrated M.Tech 3rd year., student i have juz now undergone a project on data mining…i just want to know whether it is necessary that the candidate must posses best academic performance(holding top ranks)…

• February 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Sir I m a student of Master of social work from MNNIT can I apply this…

• July 28, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Sir,
    I want to do internship in any one of the iit but i am an average student.How much CPGA i require to do internship in iit. I am completed 2nd year in civil engineer.

• February 6, 2016 at 1:47 AM

Could you please provide me information regarding summer program this year in any of the IIT?

• August 31, 2017 at 2:06 PM

thanks for sharing about internship at IIT madras … useful for students for future.