Some more cheers for students of Civil Engineering & Construction Management. VBHC has announced further openings for its internship program. How serious they are about ensuring the quality of the internship program can be judged from the fact that out of 161 applications received, only 6 (<4%) finally made it. For those who missed on this golden internship last time and who think they have it in them to be in top 5% of the Civil Engineering talent in India, there can not be a better way to spend the summer in the beautiful city of Bangalore! The last date to apply is 31st March 2012 – hurry!
About VBHC: – VBHC’s vision is to build 1 million homes in 10 years. Homes that are high on ‘value’ and low on ‘budget’. VBHC is a affordable housing start-up aspiring to revolutionize construction paradigm in India by ramping operational efficiency into system, utilizing best in class processes, ERP interfaces, and BIM modelling to achieve its goal of providing high value homes at a budget price. The organization has a vibrant mix of technocrats and professional managers, both from Civil Engineering Industry and from other sectors.
About the internship: – There are five projects in which a selected intern can choose to work : –
1. Quality – 2 months
• Method Statements Documentation and Consolidation
• Standards applicable to construction
• Documentation of Measurement procedures
• Processes of involvement of QC/QA during construction progress
• Will work hand to hand with GEM Engineering Services
2. Estimation & Costing Engineering – 4 months
• Analyse the correlation of different factors: viz Site form factor, SBC, Bylaws, to the project cost.
• Establish a parametric based costing methodology
• Analyse the sensitivity of a project cost to different factors
• Determine break-even point
5. BIM – 2-3 months
. Develop methodologies for 4D or 5D BIM
. Use BIM to develop modularity and reusability in the design and documentation process
. Analyse the impact and capabilities of BIM in infrastructure engineering
. Applications of BIM on parametric master planning and design
lected interns would make a mid-way presentation and submit a final report on the project and findings.
Who can apply: – 3rd and 4th year B.Tech / Dual Degree Civil Engineering/ Construction Management students.
Location: – Bangalore, India
Duration: – 2-3 months (depending on the chosen project)
Start month: – April 2012 (negotiable as per academic calendar)
Stipend: – INR 12,500/- per month + Successful intern will be considered for absorption into strategic roles of the company after completion of the internship.
How to apply: – Please ensure that your Internship CV adheres to these basic guidelines before hitting submit button. In addition to resume, students would also have to submit a one page summary of the chosen project [PDF / DOC] stating:
1. Their understanding of the project
2. Approach adopted to come to the conclusion
3. Outline of the timeline for deliverables.
If all set, go ahead and apply here. The last date for applications is 31st March 2012– Hurry!
Logo image credit: – http://indiamicrofinance.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/vbhc9.jpg