Internship in Hyderabad – Software Development – Amazon

There is just one way to describe what it is like to be at Amazon – Work hard, have fun and make history. Whether it is creative pursuits or a challenging technology problem that company has solved, life at Amazon inspires everyone to leave a mark! This internship is your chance to live the experience. The last date to apply is 15th September 2012 – hurry!

AboutAmazon Development Center (India) : – Amazon India Development Center, AIDC (http://www.amazon.com/), started in Bangalore 8 years ago (2004), followed by centers in Hyderabad (2005) and Chennai (2006). Ever since 2004, Amazon India has grown from 20+ members to a team of 3500+, with business groups representation from 10 Global Business verticals- making AIDC as one of the largest development center outside North America. Today, AIDC builds, supports, tests and manages technology, products & services which support millions of Amazon customers worldwide. Amazon’s Development Center in India is all about innovation. AIDC is focused on building products in some of the most interesting and challenging areas of technology.

About Internship: – Software Development interns will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools.

Number of internships: – 10

Who can apply:- Candidates in their pre-final year or final year of Bachelors/ Masters degree in Computer Science Engineering or Information Technology with below skills can apply for his internship:-

1. Candidates should have a sound in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
  2.  Should be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language – preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
  3.  Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.

Location: – Hyderabad, India

Duration: – 6 months

Start date: – September 2012

Stipend: –  A stipend of  INR 30,000 per month will be provided along with :-

1.  To & fro  2 Tier AC Train fare
  2.  7 days accommodation and 7 days dedicated cab.
  3. Monthly food coupons.
  4. Free HOH (Home -Office-Home) for duration of internship.

How to apply:- If all set, go ahead and apply here. The last date for applications is 15th September 2012  – Hurry!

You can also share any meaningful internship that you know and join the movement to build a Wikipedia of internships and win exciting prizes. Check out the FAQs Section for more details.

Logo image credit: – http://www.amazon.com/

You may want to check latest internship in Bangalore.

66 thoughts on “Internship in Hyderabad – Software Development – Amazon

• August 29, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Is the start date flexible and can the internship Really be taken for just one month too??

• August 31, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Hi Can I know the start date my 5th sem overs by Nov 2012

• August 31, 2012 at 11:58 PM

hi-i am in 3rd year doing computer engineering is there any criteria for aggregate percentage?

• September 3, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Hi Sarvesh – Thanks for the Information,

• September 3, 2012 at 11:51 AM

thank you for giving this wonderful message for us. thank you sir/mam.

• September 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM

but for prefinal years we have colloge how can we strt our internship during these specified dates?

• September 9, 2012 at 9:11 PM

How is it possible for a B.tech 3rd year student to do an internship for 6 months??i mean the maximum time one can devote is 3 months during the summer..otherwise the candidate will have to miss college for an additional 3 months in order to complete the 6 months tenure.

• September 10, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Is it cumpolsary to take intrnshp for 6 months??? our final year 2nd semester starts in december 2012 and ends in april 2013.

• September 11, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Can you plz tell me whether people with 1 year experience are eligible for the position or not?

• September 11, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Yes they are. All the best!

• September 11, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Sir you wrotel “The last date for applications is 15th September 2012 – Hurry!”
    but when we click to form fill page. it says start date 12 Sept.

Is it still open..and what is the selection criteria : telephonic interview or any programming rounds.

• September 11, 2012 at 11:49 PM

hello…i am ayush,i am in 3rd year of B.Tech course…if i join internship for 6 month then how i able to attend my classes rest of the semester??

• September 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM

hello sir, presently i am in 4th year 1st sem! can i apply for this internship? and if yes will it be for 6 working days? if so how can we attend our academics simultaneously?

• September 12, 2012 at 4:27 PM

hello sir, there’s a problem while submitting the form. when i uploaded my resume in word format word 97-2003 .doc format its not taking it! its showing me the error “Please recheck all fields and resubmit.
    resume Resume file type should be among [application/pdf, application/msword, application/rtf]”. i did this for 3 times but i really don’t understand whats the problem about! please respond to this.

• September 12, 2012 at 6:29 PM

thank you for the information sir! but that error problem is not resolved yet! i have mail you the screenshot of that. please do check.

• September 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM

how can i change my resume which i have given applying for internship ? It always take which i have given , but i want to change it now. how can i do that ? please tell sarvesh sir ASAP.

• September 15, 2012 at 10:03 PM

hello…i am debasish,i am in 3rd year of B.Tech course…if i join internship for 6 month then how i able to attend my classes rest of the semester??

• September 18, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Hi Sir, Can I know the date by which I ll be knowing the shortlisted result.

• September 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Hi sir, may i know the date of shortlist candidate

• September 24, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Sir, how long will it take for the results to be declared? and what are the next rounds if we are shortlisted?

• October 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Hello everyone, i got a call from the HR of Amazon today asking for the dates I am comfortable with for the telephonic interview.
    So, I guess the results are out now.

@Sarvesh- Any tips for the technical telephonic interview? I have a week to prepare.

thanks.

• October 5, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Hi Sarvesh, I got a Call from HR Persons, Since I was In class I couldn’t able to pick up the call. I called them back but they didn’t atten my call. will they call again or what should I want to do further???

• October 6, 2012 at 10:12 AM

@Gitansh
    Hello Gitansh ,
    I also got the call from Amazon . Do you have any idea that when are they going to call back again

• October 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM

@Gitansh, @Shubham,
    Hi Friends You got only call or mail communication too.??

• October 6, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I got call and they told me that they are going to contact me again @saran

• October 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM

@Saran, @Shubham – On 6th Oct I told them about the dates I am available for interview, but still no communication from their side. And I have no idea when they gonna call next (or not, its Amazon afterall! they see loads of talent everyday! :P)
    When did you guys gave your preferred dates for interview as well as commencement of internship?
    @Sarvesh – Should I write them again or should I write to you and you will forward the request to them (as you replied to Saran)?

Thanks.

• October 11, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Sir,

Can u plzz tell me whether we can register for d internship nw?? Actually i knw that the last date is over..bt is dere any way dat the registration link will open again??

• October 11, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Did u got a second call If so which date you prefered for your interview?? Did they called you back for interview @ subham

@Gitansh You didnot get a call for interview with them till date ??

• October 11, 2012 at 7:18 PM

@saran- no. they told me they gonna contact via mail, but no communication. did you get any second call/mail? and what date did you chose for you interview as well as commencement of internship period?

• October 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

@ Gitanesh, Actually one of my friend got a call, he said the date as tomorrow evening 6. But din receive any mail, only phone communication.

• October 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

@ Gitansh, You gave your Date as 6 oct right ?? By that time itself did they asked you the date ?? You could have tried calling them back know.

• October 11, 2012 at 8:57 PM

@saran, arrey bhai on 6th oct i mailed them that i’ll be available for interviews anytime after 13th, as I had my mini project submission today.
    And I am planning to send them a mail tonight, and maybe call tomorrow or day after.
    waise, has anyone given any kind of interview yet? you/your friend/@shubham??

• October 11, 2012 at 9:08 PM

@ Gitansh and saran , No i dint get any second call or any mail . My interview date was 8 oct.
    Do you knw that where we are supposed to mail them.

• October 15, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Hi Gitansh,
    Interview date was given as oct 12th evening 6 ( Last Friday), but din get call.

• October 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM

@All – guys, we have forwarded ALL your queries and concerns to Amazon HR and someone should get in touch. Please let us know if you do not get a response by Tuesday end of the day.

• October 17, 2012 at 7:29 PM

hi,
    till end of wednesday,no communication has been recieved from amazon

• October 18, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Hi Sarvesh,

Have not received any comminication From Amazon yet. Could you please let us know What should we need to do further??

• October 19, 2012 at 3:14 PM

@All,

We just had a talk with Amazon and we have been told that they are considering only those candidates who are available for 6 months or more; so if you had indicated availability for 6 months or more in your application, you should hear from them. For others, it looks like a miss. They did say that they would be sending a communication to all the students in this regard and it should have reached you by now. But if it is not, this is the latest that we know.

• October 25, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Hello Sarvesh
    I had mentioned the availability for more than 6 months but still no communication from their side. Can anything be done?
    Please convey this to Amazon. I have mailed them so many times but did not receive a single mail from them.

Gitansh

• October 25, 2012 at 5:27 PM

When was the last contact? Was it over phone or over email?

• October 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Hello,
    It was on phone by them early this month. And from my side, it was a week ago via mail. On phone it was discussed that I will mail them a date for interview according to my convenience. I mailed them. They didnt reply. I put in one more mail after a week, they didnt reply again. I mailed once more after around week. Still no reply.
    Please help and let me know what to do!

Gitansh

• October 25, 2012 at 6:57 PM

no response as such from amazon,tried communicating through phone one week back.

• October 25, 2012 at 8:58 PM

@Gitansh
    Can i please have email id of amazon/hr to try my luck if i can establish any communication?

• February 15, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Do you have any internship for CSE 3rd year students with duration of 3 months
    it could be in the time of April 1st 2013 July 1st 2013

• February 19, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Do you have any internship for CSE 3rd year students for 2 months it could be in the time of may 20 to july 20 2013

• October 20, 2013 at 6:13 PM

hi.. i want to my major project and internship in amazon..i am in final year cse now.. is it possible now

• October 20, 2013 at 6:17 PM

i need my major project and internship to be done in the duration of dec 2013 to march 2014…

• January 28, 2014 at 7:52 PM

i wanted to know that does amazon provides internship programmes for mba students?

• February 25, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Hellow!
    I’m persuing my BBA 2nd Year. I’m on a hunt for an internship!! How would you help me out!?? I’m still in a dilemma whether to go with HR or Finance! Would you suggest and place me in your company?!