Internship with Planning Commission – Planning & Policy Making– Delhi, India

June 25th, 2013 84 comments

Planning commissionApart from Post Graduates and research scholars, Planning Commission of India is also inviting applications from Undergraduate students this year, 2013, for the Planning and Policy Making internship. This is as good as it gets. A paid internship with the Planning Commission of India. Need I say more?

About Planning Commission: – Planning Commission (http://planningcommission.nic.in) is the Apex planning body for the country. Established in 1950, in pursuance of declared objectives of the Government to promote a rapid rise in the standard of living of the people by efficient exploitation of the resources of the country, increasing production and offering opportunities to all for employment in the service of the community, the Planning Commission is charged with the responsibility of making assessment of all resources of the country, augmenting deficient resources, formulating plans for the most effective and balanced utilization of resources and determining priorities.

About Internship: – The interns will get exposure to the overall process involved in the formulation of Five Year Plans and Annual Plans and their appraisal etc. The Interns would be attached with different Divisions of the Planning Commission keeping in view the areas of interest expressed by the candidates and as per the preference of that Division and the Division with whom the intern is attached will prepare a specific project for the internship. The Intern will be required to present a brief report/paper at the end of their assignment to the concerned Division highlighting their observations and the suggestions, if any.

Who can apply: – Post Graduate and Research students pursuing studies at various universities and recognized research Institutes. Also, pref-final year undergraduate students  are also invited to apply.

Location: – Delhi, India

Duration: – Upto a maximum of 6 months

Stipend: – Rs. 10,000 / month + a certificate would be issued at the end of the internship. In the official post, no stipend is mentioned for undergraduate students.

Start date: – It’s a rolling internship available throughout the year.

Last date to apply: – 1st of the month preceding the month from which students intend to join. For example – If you want to undertake this internship in July 2011, the last date to apply is 1st June 2011.

How to apply: – Please refer to the Planning Commission page for more details on application procedure, form and mailing details.

Editor’s note: – It would be great to hear from someone who has interned in this program before – if you are one amongst them or know someone who has, please leave a comment and I will get in touch.

This internship was shared by Kanchan Agrawal from Institute of Management, Nirma University and with this she wins a prize in Share an Internship – win exciting prizes! contest. Congratulations Kanchan – keep up the good work!

Editor’s note: – Information above is my interpretation and paraphrasing of what I found on the shared links. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.

You can also share any meaningful internship that you know and join the movement to build a Wikipedia of internships and win exciting prizes. Check out the FAQs Section for more details.

Comments

comments

Like Internshala on Facebook
  1. July 14th, 2011 at 14:37 | #1

Hi,I am currently a student at the Delhi School Of Economics(M.A.geography). I am extremely interested in joining an internship programme with the planning commision.Could you please help me apply for an internship programme.

• July 16th, 2011 at 08:29 | #2

Hi Medha,

Thanks for writing in. The application details are given in “How to Apply” section – please let me know if you are still facing any difficulties.

Wish you all the best! BTW why not like Internshala on facebook and stay tuned to similar opportunities in future!

2. Niyomi
    July 25th, 2011 at 18:57 | #3

Hi Sarvesh, it seems like the Planning Commission has not updated the section on internships on their website after Sept 2010. Do you know if they are still offering internships or if they are following a different procedure?

Thanks!

• July 26th, 2011 at 18:50 | #4

Hi Niyomi,

I had checked with planning commission a month or so back and the applications are still being accepted and the procedure is also the same – they have just not updated the circular.
      Hope this helps. If you like what Internshala is doing, why not like it on facebook and stay updated on latest similar internships?

3. Anna
    August 14th, 2011 at 10:34 | #5

Hi Sarvesh,

I did come to know about interns with the planning commission but unfortunately after I graduated by then. Well I’m a working right now but would still be interested in doing an intern with the planning commission. Does the planning commission allow this? Plus which is the minimum tenure for the internships?

Anna

• August 15th, 2011 at 12:55 | #6

Hi Anna,

I’d suggest that you call them up (the numbers are given on their website) and inquire – they are very prompt in responding. My sense was that this internship was meant for students only but no harm trying!

Wish you all the best!

Many thanks
      http://www.internshala.com (Like Us on Facebook)

4. Megha
    August 15th, 2011 at 23:34 | #7

I am Megha and I am a post graduate in Sociology from Jawaharlal Nehru University. I want to know the dates for the internship program in the Planning Commission. Please let me know the details as I would like to pursue it.
    Thank You.

• August 22nd, 2011 at 16:41 | #8

Thanks Megha for writing in – its a rolling internship program available throughout the year. So feel free to apply as per the dates that work for you. Hope this helps.

Wish you all the best!

5. Anna
    August 16th, 2011 at 23:21 | #9

Will keep you posted on whatever comes up. Btw ur idea wth this site is real cool. Hope this does even better.

Regards,
    Anna

6. Ram
    August 29th, 2011 at 17:53 | #11

I am Ram and I have done my BBA this year itself from GGSIPU, Delhi. Rightnow I am preparing for my MBA. My query is that can I too apply for the internship in the Planning Commission of India or not as I will be free after December. Please let me know as soon as possible as i m very keen to do it.

• August 31st, 2011 at 19:30 | #12

This internship is only for Post Grads and Research fellows so you may have to wait a little longer before you can apply. There would be quite a few MBA related internships that we would be publishing here, you may want to like Internshala on facebook and stay tuned into latest opportunities.

7. Aditi Hastak
    September 14th, 2011 at 11:43 | #13

Hi Sarvesh,

I am a Post Graduate and already working. However, I wouldn’t miss a chance to work as an Intern in Planning Commission. Your previous comments suggest that the internship is available only for students. Is there any update with you about whether those who have already completed their studies can apply for the same?

Thanks for providing with such useful information..

• September 14th, 2011 at 19:59 | #14

Thanks :)

Not sure if working professionals can also apply, best would be to call them up (the numbers are on their website) and check with them directly. Contrary to what you may think, they are VERY prompt in responding. Hope this helps and wish you all the best.

If you like what we do at Internshala, would you like to share it with your friends/juniors who also may find it relevant.

8. suman
    September 28th, 2011 at 01:58 | #15

Hi Sarvesh, I want to do 6 months internship there and also currently I am pursuing M.Sc. Biological Sc. and B.E. Computer Sc. from Bits Pilani so am I eligible for that?

Great work on this website.. :) :)
    All the best

Suman

9. Harsha
    October 9th, 2011 at 12:43 | #16

Hi Sarvesh,
    I am post graduate in management . However i want to do internship with Planning Commision. As I am Civil Service aspirant , it would be a great opportunity for me.
    But will they also encourage graduates too or it is purely restricted to students.

Is there any updates on this?
    Thanks for providing such information.. Great work..

Harsha

• October 22nd, 2011 at 10:36 | #17

Hi Harsha,

Best would be to call them up (they are VERY helpful to provide information) and inquire, you may get an opportunity.

Wish you all the best! If you like what we are doing at Internshala, would you like to share it on facebook with your friends?

10. sri ram
    October 27th, 2011 at 22:33 | #18

m student of b.tech(it) i have 6 month industrial traing in 8th sem and i m in 7th sem
    so i want to apply for this

11. ritika rattan
    November 8th, 2011 at 14:42 | #20

hii..
    i am student of m.com from SRCC, du
    i have applied for internship in planning commission for month of december 2 weeks back bt they have not replied me yet.. is that mean i have not been selected??

12. Gul
    November 20th, 2011 at 12:24 | #22

Hi!

I have done my MSC Economics 2011 from Uk, but I m not working. However, I wouldn’t miss a chance to work as an Intern in Planning Commission. Your previous comments suggest that the internship is available only for students. Is there any update with you about whether those who have already completed their studies can apply for the same?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Please let me know.

13. Sushant Anand
    November 24th, 2011 at 18:58 | #24

Hi Sarvesh,
    I am an MBA student from The Energy and Resources Institutes specialising in Infrastructure and I feel my doman has great relevance in the activities pursued by the planning commission. I am thus seeking an internship opportunity with it. A few questions -
    1. Is there a minimum benchmark for marks uptil now to apply
    2. No of interns they take for every slot/batch
    3. If I want to start my internship from say June 2012, so should I apply way in advance to secure a 1st come 1st serve consideration?
    As these things were’nt clearly mentioned on the site it would be great if you could guide me about the same.
    Thanks!
    Sushant Anand

14. January 23rd, 2012 at 13:47 | #25

Dear sir,

I am vishal bagade, a student from Management School Lucknow, perceving my MBA degree. As a part of management process, I would be interested in doing my summer internship in planning commission for 2 months (between april – may 2012). But i am not able to find the application forms for 2012 internship. Kindly help me out with the process details and important dates and criteria for summer internship 2012 with planning commision.

Thanking you
    Vishal Bagade
    mobile – 09936067885

15. Bolin saikia
    February 17th, 2012 at 23:23 | #27

Respected sir/mam
    I Bolin saikia pursuing MBA & pgdbm 2nd sem from New delhi Institution of management.I completed my bba from sikkim manipal university.My summer training will be start from 1st june.I want to do my internship in planning commission.I am not able find out application forms
    .kindly inform me in this email id bolinsaikia2@gmail.com. and this number 8285534105
    Thanking you.

16. Chanakya Jain
    February 24th, 2012 at 15:22 | #29

hello! I am Chanakya Jain from IIT Roorkee, 2nd year Under Graduate. Am i eligible for internship at planning commision??

17. Parul Joshi
    March 1st, 2012 at 02:28 | #31

Hello,
    I am Parul Joshi pursuing Economics Honors second year from Delhi University. Macroeconomics interests me and I am too eager to go into financial and economic policy making in the future. However I believe the undergraduate course at Delhi University is not designed such as to familiarize the students with the ongoing policy challenges the economy faces and the various policies that go into actually dealing with such challenges. I am keen on acquiring more such skills so that I find myself more familiar with the entire business of economic policy designing.

I believe there isn’t any better opportunity than a reseach internship in money, finance that shall pacify my quest for knowledge in this field . I will be extremly obliged if u enlighten me in this regard.
    Thank you.

18. Deblina
    April 27th, 2012 at 12:24 | #32

Hi! I wanted to know what all is needed to send an application for internship?

19. priya verma
    May 3rd, 2012 at 13:21 | #34

respectet sir/mam
    i am priya verma pursuing MSW 2nd sem from teerthanker mahaveer university moradabad.
    i completed my BA from CSJM University,kanpur.my summer training will be start from,20 june2012. i want to do my internship in planning commission. there will be a biggest apurchinity for me.
    kindly inform me in this email id coldream9@gmail.com and my phon no 9410400980
    thanking you

• May 3rd, 2012 at 17:14 | #35

Hi Priya- This is not the correct way to submit an application for an internship. Had you made an effort to read the complete post, you would have applied correctly. The direct link to the application procedure has been mentioned in the ‘How to apply’ section. Moreover, leaving your personal information on a public site like this will endanger your privacy and safety. Please don’t repeat it.

LinkedIn-http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

20. anamika
    May 11th, 2012 at 19:08 | #36

hy im doing pg in economics from ignou .m i eligible for internship.

21. ashmita
    June 15th, 2012 at 15:05 | #38

I just appered for my BA(H) English Final Year Examination from Delhi University.
    Am I eligible?

22. akansha
    October 24th, 2012 at 00:06 | #40

kindly give a reply for Richa KHATRI’S query….bcoz i have d same one……

23. October 25th, 2012 at 19:02 | #41

@akansha
    Hi Akansha – M.Com doesn’t count in as post graduate and you might know better if you’re pursuing research or not. If yes, then you can certainly apply. All the best!

LinkedIn- http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

24. akansha
    October 26th, 2012 at 01:09 | #42

ohkiezz…so is it that i do pg in some else course say i do MBA or pg in economics hen only i’ll be eligible to do my intership with planning commission…..not if not dis…..if i do phd n along wid it i do my intership here…..wud tht make me eligible……???

25. akansha
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:12 | #43

kindly reply……

26. October 28th, 2012 at 17:14 | #44

@akansha
    Hi Akansha – If you are doing PG or research in any course, you can apply.

LinkedIn- http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

27. HILLOL MAJUMDAR
    December 11th, 2012 at 23:47 | #45

i am from persuing mca 1st yr from kalyani university..am i eligible? and what is the minimum duration of this intrnship? and what is the process to they apply to select the candidates? plzzzz reply…

28. Ranjit
    March 18th, 2013 at 13:59 | #46

Hi, could you guide me about internship opportunities available for undergraduate Eco Hons second year student interested in doing with planning commission/ RBI/ Ministry of economic affairs/commerce.
    Thanks.

29. Pragya Tripathi
    June 14th, 2013 at 23:42 | #48

I am confused with the area detail they have asked in the form. What exact area interest they intend to intern the students?

Thank You.

30. ajay
    June 30th, 2013 at 10:55 | #50

i am studying environmental engineering, i’d like to apply for this internship but is it meant for engineers ? especially environmental engineers ?
    kindly reply

31. Bhupesh
    July 1st, 2013 at 12:31 | #52

Please provide specific contact number in Planning Commission to be contactd for this internship queries. Websites has thousands of contact numbers.

Is it full time only ?

Regards,
    Bhupesh

32. Neha
    July 1st, 2013 at 22:21 | #53

Sir, i m a student of Delhi university and i have Completed First year.. My course is BCOm hons.. CAn i apply.??

33. priyanka thagela
    July 2nd, 2013 at 21:23 | #55

hi i am interested in working in planning commission please teme the procedure

34. July 3rd, 2013 at 11:47 | #56

@priyanka thagela
    Hi Priyanka,

Please apply at the link given in “How to apply” section of the post. The employer will notify you, if you get shortlisted for the internship.

Thanks,
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

35. saumya
    July 3rd, 2013 at 15:25 | #57

Hi, I am doing M.A in English from Delhi university, am I eligible to apply for this internship?

36. Meghna Yelluru
    July 3rd, 2013 at 20:42 | #59

I have completed my B.A in economics. Am i eligible as well?

37. yash thodge
    July 3rd, 2013 at 23:55 | #60

i interned with the planning commission this summer…so u will conatct me??

38. July 5th, 2013 at 10:56 | #61

@Meghna Yelluru
    Hi Meghna,

I do not think that you are eligible for this internship. As it is clearly mentioned that only pre-final year undergraduate students can apply.

LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

39. Alka Anand
    July 9th, 2013 at 13:20 | #62

Sir,
    I’ve completed my graduation in political science and now willing to take up an internship with Planning Commission .
    I’ve read everything on how to apply but they have emphasized on CVs . Whats CVs ? could u please explain .

40. deeksha bhatia
    July 23rd, 2013 at 16:45 | #63

i have just finished with my graduation and opted for mba from imt gaziabad can i apply?

41. swayamsidha
    July 24th, 2013 at 19:48 | #65

hi….I hv completed my post graduation..How can i apply..pls suggest..

42. Karen
    July 24th, 2013 at 22:18 | #66

Hey know how/when they let selected applicants know? The website still has the list for June – July up.

43. July 28th, 2013 at 12:05 | #67

Hi Swayamsidh,

Read “How to apply” section and you’ll know. For more information regarding this internship, please refer to official page of Planning Commission.

Many Thanks
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

44. July 28th, 2013 at 12:08 | #68

Dear Karen,

They will intimate by a mail to the ones selected. For further clarification, please refer to the official page of Planning Commission.

Many Thanks
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

45. vikash
    August 13th, 2013 at 23:36 | #69

I completed post graduation. do I need a recommendation letter from the college?if yes then how could i get the recommendation letter from college?? , becoz i leave the college.

46. August 14th, 2013 at 08:18 | #70

Dear Vikash,

You can talk to your placement office, they can issue a recommendation letter. If you can commit 1 month, there should not be any issue. No harm in trying :)

Many Thanks
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

47. Sharanya
    August 18th, 2013 at 20:49 | #71

Is there anyone here who has done the internship? What is the likely notification time of results?

48. grishma goyal
    September 17th, 2013 at 22:07 | #72

can i do internship for just a month ?

49. September 18th, 2013 at 08:35 | #73

Hi Grishma,

Please check out the “Duration” details mentioned above.

Many Thanks
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

50. daksh
    September 30th, 2013 at 16:08 | #74

hi, i m daksh, i hv completed my post graduation in public administration, now i m pursuing ll.b faculty of law d.u. i want to join interen at panning commission, could u please help me.

51. September 30th, 2013 at 16:24 | #75

Hi Daksh,

All the details have been mentioned in the post clearly. Please go through it carefully.

LinkedIn-http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

52. Vimal
    October 2nd, 2013 at 11:20 | #76

I am a post graduate student from SPA, Delhi and I want to know how to apply for 2014 summer internship

53. October 3rd, 2013 at 10:02 | #77

Hi Vimal,

LinkedIn-http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

54. Megha
    October 3rd, 2013 at 18:05 | #78

hey..on December 2013, my M.A in Economics will get completed..so m interested to join internship from January 2014…so may i apply till December 1, 2013…??

55. October 4th, 2013 at 10:02 | #79

Hi Megha,

Yes, that should work.

LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

56. abhishek kumar
    December 18th, 2013 at 12:09 | #80

sir, how can i send my form to planning commisssion ,can i send online form

57. Ruchika
    January 16th, 2014 at 12:03 | #82

Hi Sarvesh,

I am currently doing Company Secretarial course and have already done B.com. Kindly let me know whether the Planning Commision considers CS as a PG course??

58. Sonal Upadhyay
    February 6th, 2014 at 21:27 | #84

Hiii,
    I am Sonal Upadhyay i am in MBA i have to join one 6 months internship.
    So is it possible that i can apply for six months ?

Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Refund & Cancellation Policy