Internship with Planning Commission – Planning & Policy Making– Delhi, India

Planning commissionApart from Post Graduates and research scholars, Planning Commission of India is also inviting applications from Undergraduate students this year, 2013, for the Planning and Policy Making internship. This is as good as it gets. A paid internship with the Planning Commission of India. Need I say more?

About Planning Commission: – Planning Commission (http://planningcommission.nic.in) is the Apex planning body for the country. Established in 1950, in pursuance of declared objectives of the Government to promote a rapid rise in the standard of living of the people by efficient exploitation of the resources of the country, increasing production and offering opportunities to all for employment in the service of the community, the Planning Commission is charged with the responsibility of making assessment of all resources of the country, augmenting deficient resources, formulating plans for the most effective and balanced utilization of resources and determining priorities.

About Internship: – The interns will get exposure to the overall process involved in the formulation of Five Year Plans and Annual Plans and their appraisal etc. The Interns would be attached with different Divisions of the Planning Commission keeping in view the areas of interest expressed by the candidates and as per the preference of that Division and the Division with whom the intern is attached will prepare a specific project for the internship. The Intern will be required to present a brief report/paper at the end of their assignment to the concerned Division highlighting their observations and the suggestions, if any.

Who can apply: – Post Graduate and Research students pursuing studies at various universities and recognized research Institutes. Also, pref-final year undergraduate students  are also invited to apply.

Location: – Delhi, India

Duration: – Upto a maximum of 6 months

Stipend: – Rs.10,000 / month + a certificate would be issued at the end of the internship. In the official post, no stipend is mentioned for undergraduate students.

Start date: – It’s a rolling internship available throughout the year.

Last date to apply: – 1st of the month preceding the month from which students intend to join. For example – If you want to undertake this internship in July 2011, the last date to apply is 1st June 2011.

How to apply: – Please refer to the Planning Commission page for more details on application procedure, form and mailing details.

FYI! You can view the latest Internships in Delhi here.

Editor’s note: – It would be great to hear from someone who has interned in this program before – if you are one amongst them or know someone who has, please leave a comment and I will get in touch.

This internship was shared by Kanchan Agrawal from Institute of Management, Nirma University and with this she wins a prize in Share an Internship – win exciting prizes! contest. Congratulations Kanchan – keep up the good work!

Editor’s note: – Information above is my interpretation and paraphrasing of what I found on the shared links. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.

You can also share any meaningful internship that you know and join the movement to build a Wikipedia of internships and win exciting prizes. Check out the FAQs Section for more details.

You may want to check latest internship in Delhi.

85 thoughts on “Internship with Planning Commission – Planning & Policy Making– Delhi, India

• July 14, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Hi,I am currently a student at the Delhi School Of Economics(M.A.geography). I am extremely interested in joining an internship programme with the planning commision.Could you please help me apply for an internship programme.

• July 16, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Hi Medha,

Thanks for writing in. The application details are given in “How to Apply” section – please let me know if you are still facing any difficulties.

Wish you all the best! BTW why not like Internshala on facebook and stay tuned to similar opportunities in future!

Many thanks

• July 25, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Hi Sarvesh, it seems like the Planning Commission has not updated the section on internships on their website after Sept 2010. Do you know if they are still offering internships or if they are following a different procedure?

Thanks!

• July 26, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Hi Niyomi,

I had checked with planning commission a month or so back and the applications are still being accepted and the procedure is also the same – they have just not updated the circular.
      Hope this helps. If you like what Internshala is doing, why not like it on facebook and stay updated on latest similar internships?

Many thanks

• August 14, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Hi Sarvesh,

I did come to know about interns with the planning commission but unfortunately after I graduated by then. Well I’m a working right now but would still be interested in doing an intern with the planning commission. Does the planning commission allow this? Plus which is the minimum tenure for the internships?

Anna

• August 15, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Hi Anna,

I’d suggest that you call them up (the numbers are given on their website) and inquire – they are very prompt in responding. My sense was that this internship was meant for students only but no harm trying!

Wish you all the best!

Many thanks
      http://www.internshala.com (Like Us on Facebook)

• August 15, 2011 at 11:34 PM

I am Megha and I am a post graduate in Sociology from Jawaharlal Nehru University. I want to know the dates for the internship program in the Planning Commission. Please let me know the details as I would like to pursue it.
    Thank You.

• August 22, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Thanks Megha for writing in – its a rolling internship program available throughout the year. So feel free to apply as per the dates that work for you. Hope this helps.

Wish you all the best!

• August 16, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Will keep you posted on whatever comes up. Btw ur idea wth this site is real cool. Hope this does even better.

Regards,
    Anna

• August 29, 2011 at 5:53 PM

I am Ram and I have done my BBA this year itself from GGSIPU, Delhi. Rightnow I am preparing for my MBA. My query is that can I too apply for the internship in the Planning Commission of India or not as I will be free after December. Please let me know as soon as possible as i m very keen to do it.

• August 31, 2011 at 7:30 PM

This internship is only for Post Grads and Research fellows so you may have to wait a little longer before you can apply. There would be quite a few MBA related internships that we would be publishing here, you may want to like Internshala on facebook and stay tuned into latest opportunities.

Many thanks

• September 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Hi Sarvesh,

I am a Post Graduate and already working. However, I wouldn’t miss a chance to work as an Intern in Planning Commission. Your previous comments suggest that the internship is available only for students. Is there any update with you about whether those who have already completed their studies can apply for the same?

Thanks for providing with such useful information..

• September 14, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Thanks :)

Not sure if working professionals can also apply, best would be to call them up (the numbers are on their website) and check with them directly. Contrary to what you may think, they are VERY prompt in responding. Hope this helps and wish you all the best.

If you like what we do at Internshala, would you like to share it with your friends/juniors who also may find it relevant.

Many thanks

• September 28, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Hi Sarvesh, I want to do 6 months internship there and also currently I am pursuing M.Sc. Biological Sc. and B.E. Computer Sc. from Bits Pilani so am I eligible for that?

Great work on this website.. :) :)
    All the best

Suman

• October 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Hi Sarvesh,
    I am post graduate in management . However i want to do internship with Planning Commision. As I am Civil Service aspirant , it would be a great opportunity for me.
    But will they also encourage graduates too or it is purely restricted to students.

Is there any updates on this?
    Thanks for providing such information.. Great work..

Harsha

• October 22, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Hi Harsha,

Best would be to call them up (they are VERY helpful to provide information) and inquire, you may get an opportunity.

Wish you all the best! If you like what we are doing at Internshala, would you like to share it on facebook with your friends?

Many thanks

• October 27, 2011 at 10:33 PM

m student of b.tech(it) i have 6 month industrial traing in 8th sem and i m in 7th sem
    so i want to apply for this

• November 9, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Would an internship with planning commission in area of public policy / finance get accepted by your college as industrial training? If yes, go ahead and give it a go.

Hope this helps. Liked Internshala on facebook yet?

• November 8, 2011 at 2:42 PM

hii..
    i am student of m.com from SRCC, du
    i have applied for internship in planning commission for month of december 2 weeks back bt they have not replied me yet.. is that mean i have not been selected??

• November 20, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Hi!

I have done my MSC Economics 2011 from Uk, but I m not working. However, I wouldn’t miss a chance to work as an Intern in Planning Commission. Your previous comments suggest that the internship is available only for students. Is there any update with you about whether those who have already completed their studies can apply for the same?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Please let me know.

• November 24, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Hi Sarvesh,
    I am an MBA student from The Energy and Resources Institutes specialising in Infrastructure and I feel my doman has great relevance in the activities pursued by the planning commission. I am thus seeking an internship opportunity with it. A few questions –
    1. Is there a minimum benchmark for marks uptil now to apply
    2. No of interns they take for every slot/batch
    3. If I want to start my internship from say June 2012, so should I apply way in advance to secure a 1st come 1st serve consideration?
    As these things were’nt clearly mentioned on the site it would be great if you could guide me about the same.
    Thanks!
    Sushant Anand

• January 23, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Dear sir,

I am vishal bagade, a student from Management School Lucknow, perceving my MBA degree. As a part of management process, I would be interested in doing my summer internship in planning commission for 2 months (between april – may 2012). But i am not able to find the application forms for 2012 internship. Kindly help me out with the process details and important dates and criteria for summer internship 2012 with planning commision.

Thanking you
    Vishal Bagade
    mobile – 09936067885

• January 26, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Call them up (the numbers are given on the site and they are VERY prompt in responding) and inquire. My sense is that the same link as given in “How to apply” section should do.

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best!

Many thanks
      LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ Internshala

• February 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Respected sir/mam
    I Bolin saikia pursuing MBA & pgdbm 2nd sem from New delhi Institution of management.I completed my bba from sikkim manipal university.My summer training will be start from 1st june.I want to do my internship in planning commission.I am not able find out application forms
    .kindly inform me in this email id bolinsaikia2@gmail.com. and this number 8285534105
    Thanking you.

• February 24, 2012 at 3:22 PM

hello! I am Chanakya Jain from IIT Roorkee, 2nd year Under Graduate. Am i eligible for internship at planning commision??

• March 1, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Hello,
    I am Parul Joshi pursuing Economics Honors second year from Delhi University. Macroeconomics interests me and I am too eager to go into financial and economic policy making in the future. However I believe the undergraduate course at Delhi University is not designed such as to familiarize the students with the ongoing policy challenges the economy faces and the various policies that go into actually dealing with such challenges. I am keen on acquiring more such skills so that I find myself more familiar with the entire business of economic policy designing.

I believe there isn’t any better opportunity than a reseach internship in money, finance that shall pacify my quest for knowledge in this field . I will be extremly obliged if u enlighten me in this regard.
    Thank you.

• April 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Hi! I wanted to know what all is needed to send an application for internship?

• May 3, 2012 at 1:21 PM

respectet sir/mam
    i am priya verma pursuing MSW 2nd sem from teerthanker mahaveer university moradabad.
    i completed my BA from CSJM University,kanpur.my summer training will be start from,20 june2012. i want to do my internship in planning commission. there will be a biggest apurchinity for me.
    kindly inform me in this email id coldream9@gmail.com and my phon no 9410400980
    thanking you

• May 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Hi Priya- This is not the correct way to submit an application for an internship. Had you made an effort to read the complete post, you would have applied correctly. The direct link to the application procedure has been mentioned in the ‘How to apply’ section. Moreover, leaving your personal information on a public site like this will endanger your privacy and safety. Please don’t repeat it.

Many thanks
      LinkedIn-http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
      Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

• May 11, 2012 at 7:08 PM

hy im doing pg in economics from ignou .m i eligible for internship.

• June 15, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I just appered for my BA(H) English Final Year Examination from Delhi University.
    Am I eligible?

• October 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM

kindly give a reply for Richa KHATRI’S query….bcoz i have d same one……

• October 26, 2012 at 1:09 AM

ohkiezz…so is it that i do pg in some else course say i do MBA or pg in economics hen only i’ll be eligible to do my intership with planning commission…..not if not dis…..if i do phd n along wid it i do my intership here…..wud tht make me eligible……???

• October 28, 2012 at 12:12 PM

kindly reply……

• December 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM

i am from persuing mca 1st yr from kalyani university..am i eligible? and what is the minimum duration of this intrnship? and what is the process to they apply to select the candidates? plzzzz reply…

• March 18, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Hi, could you guide me about internship opportunities available for undergraduate Eco Hons second year student interested in doing with planning commission/ RBI/ Ministry of economic affairs/commerce.
    Thanks.

• June 14, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I am confused with the area detail they have asked in the form. What exact area interest they intend to intern the students?

Thank You.

• June 30, 2013 at 10:55 AM

i am studying environmental engineering, i’d like to apply for this internship but is it meant for engineers ? especially environmental engineers ?
    kindly reply

• July 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Please provide specific contact number in Planning Commission to be contactd for this internship queries. Websites has thousands of contact numbers.

Is it full time only ?

Regards,
    Bhupesh

• July 1, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Sir, i m a student of Delhi university and i have Completed First year.. My course is BCOm hons.. CAn i apply.??

• July 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM

hi i am interested in working in planning commission please teme the procedure

• July 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Hi, I am doing M.A in English from Delhi university, am I eligible to apply for this internship?

• July 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I have completed my B.A in economics. Am i eligible as well?

• July 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM

i interned with the planning commission this summer…so u will conatct me??

• July 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Sir,
    I’ve completed my graduation in political science and now willing to take up an internship with Planning Commission .
    I’ve read everything on how to apply but they have emphasized on CVs . Whats CVs ? could u please explain .

• July 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM

i have just finished with my graduation and opted for mba from imt gaziabad can i apply?

• July 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM

hi….I hv completed my post graduation..How can i apply..pls suggest..

• July 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Hey know how/when they let selected applicants know? The website still has the list for June – July up.

• August 13, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I completed post graduation. do I need a recommendation letter from the college?if yes then how could i get the recommendation letter from college?? , becoz i leave the college.

• August 18, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Is there anyone here who has done the internship? What is the likely notification time of results?

• September 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM

can i do internship for just a month ?

• September 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM

hi, i m daksh, i hv completed my post graduation in public administration, now i m pursuing ll.b faculty of law d.u. i want to join interen at panning commission, could u please help me.

• September 30, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Hi Daksh,

All the details have been mentioned in the post clearly. Please go through it carefully.

Many thanks
    LinkedIn-http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

• October 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I am a post graduate student from SPA, Delhi and I want to know how to apply for 2014 summer internship

• October 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Hi Vimal,

Many thanks
    LinkedIn-http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

• October 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM

hey..on December 2013, my M.A in Economics will get completed..so m interested to join internship from January 2014…so may i apply till December 1, 2013…??

• December 18, 2013 at 12:09 PM

sir, how can i send my form to planning commisssion ,can i send online form

• January 16, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Hi Sarvesh,

I am currently doing Company Secretarial course and have already done B.com. Kindly let me know whether the Planning Commision considers CS as a PG course??

• February 6, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Hiii,
    I am Sonal Upadhyay i am in MBA i have to join one 6 months internship.
    So is it possible that i can apply for six months ?

• June 1, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Hi ,
    I have already applied for internship at NIC for 6 months(july to december). Please let me know when will the results will be declared .