There comes a time in your life- irrespective of whether you are a student, intern, employee or even a startup founder- when you are dejected and think of giving up on your dream/passion. It’s not a disaster; it’s a proof that you are a normal human being. What really matters is that you don’t allow these negative thoughts to control your actions. You need to find some ways to motivate yourself and what’s better than a movie marathon! We have compiled a list of 7 inspiring movies, especially for such moments:
1. The Pursuit of Happyness: Based on the real life of Chris Gardner, this Will Smith starrer is one of the most heartwarming and motivational movies of all time. The struggles of the father-son duo and the ensuing conversations is bound to move you. His perseverance to follow his dream, even during the toughest of times, will motivate you to hold onto your own.
2. Rocky: Sylvester Stallone wrote this masterpiece and his acting turned Rocky Balboa into an evergreen character. This ultimate underdog tale of a boxer will inspire you to keep fighting even when everyone else thinks you can’t succeed. The competitive spirit shown by Rocky during his hardships makes this movie a great source of inspiration.
3. The Shawshank Redemption: Having topped the IMDb Top 250 list for years, this soulful movie is arguably the best adaptation of a Stephen King novel. This uplifting and a deeply touching tale of hope and perseverance will surely motivate you even at the darkest of times. In addition to Tim Robin’s acting, Morgan Freeman’s heartfelt narration makes it a must watch for everyone.
4. Kung Fu Panda: No, it’s not just meant for the children. This animated martial arts movie is based on the life of an obese Panda, Po, and how he fulfills his dream of becoming a Kung-Fu master by overcoming all the obstacles. The inspiring quotes of Grandmaster Oogway and the sheer determination of Po will motivate you to keep chasing your own dream.
5. October Sky: This fact-based drama about a mining town teenager, who defied all odds to follow his dream of building a small-scale rocket, is persuasive and compelling in equal measures. Based on the real life of Homer Hickam Jr., who grew up to be a NASA scientist, this movie is unabashedly inspiring for anyone who believes in one’s dreams.
6. Dead Poets Society: Robin Williams immortalized the character of the English teacher (Aye, Aye, Captain!) who aims to inspire his students to challenge the conventional and societal confines and to seize the day, primarily through the lens of poetry. This heartwarming story, set in the backdrop of a posh high school, is bound to kindle your creative flames and motivate you to find your own voice.
7. Soul Surfer: Based on the real life of the teenage surfer Bethany Hamilton, who lost an arm to a shark attack, this is a story of triumph over adversity. While most people would have never thought of getting back on a surfboard, Bethany never gave up on her dream. This movie is a reminder to all of us that no matter what obstacles we have to overcome, we can accomplish anything that we set our minds to.
As Dumbledore had said, “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one remembers to turn on the light.”
Image source: splore.com, pinterest.com, quotesgram.com, onlinemoviequote.com and stunningmotivation.com