4 Kinds of Internships That Even First Year Students Can Apply To!

Summer internships for first year studentsVivek is a first-year engineering student who’s looking for an internship to acquire new skills and build on to his CV to help his career later on. Many of his friends and seniors had told him that first-year students don’t get internships due to the lack of technical skills and expertise. Vivek, however, doesn’t stop trying and eventually gets two internships within the first year.

If you also wonder whether any internships are available for 1st-year students, the answer is- Plenty! There are a LOT of internships available in non-technical fields and slowly many students, like Vivek, are exploiting these opportunities. Many internships are also work-from-home aka virtual internships, and you can intern even during your semesters and not only during the summer break! Some of the prominent areas wherein you can find internships are:

1. Sales & Marketing:
Loved the movie RocketSingh – Salesman of the year? If you have good communication skills and like to meet and interact with new people, a sales/marketing internship is your ticket to get a first-hand experience of the business world. It doesn’t hurt that it improves your chances of claiming the title of Sponsorship Head during your college fest. In addition, this is also the best way of honing your soft skills and preparing yourself if you decide to do an MBA later on.
Cut your teeth on the corporate world; apply to some amazing marketing internships here.

2. Content Writing:
Like writing stories (not just in exams)? Were Editor of your school magazine or own a blog or a Facebook page? A content writing internship provides you the chance to hone your writing skills and even get paid for it! From Search Engine Optimization to infographics, you learn a lot of new skills and are introduced to a diverse range of fields. It can also help you to become the Editor-in-chief of your college magazine or even the media head!
Have your way with words; apply to some cool content writing internships here.

3. Graphic Designing:
Love doodling or sketching? Know a bit of Photoshop? Keep comparing different logos or website designs thinking about how you could have made them better? If you think you have a good design sense, there are a plethora of opportunities available for you to explore a dormant passion! Graphic design is a hot career field, and you might even discover a new career possibility.
Photoshop your way through the first year; apply to the latest designing internships here.

4. Programming:
Have a knack for coding? Love the world of computers? There are a number of stream independent internships in Web and Mobile App development which you can apply to. You can learn and master a major skill while working in the real world environment.
Start coding and stay ahead of the pack; check out the latest programming internships here.

Now that you know there are a lot of options available for you, what are you waiting for? Start applying for these internships and stand apart from the crowd! Not to forget, all the internships come with certificates and cool stipends!

Image source: giphy.com

87 thoughts on “4 Kinds of Internships That Even First Year Students Can Apply To!

• March 9, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Respected sir,
    my name shiv shankar kumar mechanical engineering student 3rd year i want to intership

• March 21, 2016 at 10:44 PM

Respected sir
    I am from hindi medium school upto class 12 so my english is not so good .I am studying nit Bhopal 1st year .can I register for any marketing internship?

• March 22, 2016 at 10:48 AM

Hi Arjun,

Yes, of course you are eligible to register for any marketing internship.

You can find some interesting marketing internships here:

You can also try to improve your English by using it in your day to day conversations along with reading English newspapers and magazines.

Regards,

• May 13, 2016 at 2:34 PM

Respected sir,
    I am ECE student, I have given 3 rd year exams, now I am looking for the internships to enhance my skills how can I get internships?

• June 12, 2016 at 8:14 PM

I m BDS student, I have given my first year exam….I want internship so pls help me in registering in specific field…like which one would be suitable?

• June 13, 2016 at 4:33 PM

Hi Shreya,

You can do internships in various fields like content writing, sales & marketing, general management, designing, customer service, communications wtc., as per your interests. In which field are you more interested?

Regards,

• October 24, 2016 at 1:18 AM

Hiieee..
    I am Rohit Goyal student in engineering collage actually I don’t have a brief knowledge about my own stream which is cse but have basics knowledge so,can I get internship in any company not specifically internshala

• October 25, 2016 at 2:29 PM

HI
    I am aishwarya i am basicaly 3rd year economics student.. so what kind of internsip u would suggest me internshala

• October 25, 2016 at 11:24 PM

Respected sir,
    I am Electrical engineering student, studying in 3 rd year, now I am looking for the internships to enhance my skills how can I get internships?

• October 26, 2016 at 10:15 PM

Hi
    I am devesh rathore student of 3rd year electronic and communication branch .so what kind of internship would you suggest me .

• November 4, 2016 at 7:00 PM

Hi sir
    I am krati kushwah and i am a 2 nd year civil engineering student and i want to get some work experience in my field, will you please suggest me some internships which can help me improve my skills .

• November 5, 2016 at 10:24 PM

Hi internshala,
    Can I apply for internships even if I don’t have one or two skills(in a list of skills) which are requested by the employer!

• November 7, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You may apply but remember there is a higher chance to get selected if you have more skills matching the requirements of the company.

Regards,

• December 4, 2016 at 11:27 PM

I am information technology(IT) student I have given 1st semister. I hadn’t studied C++, C, JAVA in 11 and 12. I just gave IT exam in this semister. I have not that much knowledge about coding but I know coding basic so can I get a chance in programming internship.

• December 5, 2016 at 10:22 AM

Hi Dechen,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You may visit here for the Programming internships-

Hope it helps.

Regards,

• January 24, 2017 at 2:48 PM

I am a first year Electrical Engineering student. I have given my first semester. Now I want to do internship. In class 11 and 12 I did not have computer science but upto class 10 I had. Please help me

• January 24, 2017 at 6:33 PM

Hi Neelakshi,

Thank you for writing in. I am afraid, I couldn’t get the category in which you wish to apply for the internship. Could you please elaborate it help you better?

• February 1, 2017 at 4:40 PM

I am comfortable with HTML ,CSS and jQuery while I know basics of JavaScript. I am learning js now .
    Can i get any internships in Hyderabad in May ?

• February 4, 2017 at 11:21 AM

Hi Manohar,

Thank you for writing in. Sure, you can visit our website during the month of April- May and look for the internships in Bangalore and apply for them.

Wish you good luck :)

• February 7, 2017 at 6:07 PM

Nice to hear , but isn’t Hydeabad available and I am a first year BE student .

• February 14, 2017 at 6:44 PM

Hello sir! I am Santhosh Ananth,I am studying in B-E(ECE)

from Sri Guru Institute of Technology,Coimbatore.

I want to Intenship,Can I help me sir?

• February 14, 2017 at 6:48 PM

Iwant to Intenship sir,Can I help me sir?
    I am Studying in B-E from coimbatore

• February 22, 2017 at 9:17 PM

Hello sir
    I’m first year B.Tech mechanical engineering student from NIT SURAT.
    I want to do technical intern in this summer.
    So Please give me some idea about this if available. …….

• February 28, 2017 at 5:09 PM

Hello sir
    I’m frm MANIPAL UNIVERSITY JAIPUR.
    1st year Bachelors of Journalism and Mass communication..
    I want to do internship in the field of sales and marketing as I have communcating skills with some marketing tacts and ideas..

• March 18, 2017 at 6:53 PM

Hello sir
    I am doing chemical engineering from SRM UNIVERSITY ,Chennai ..
    i want to explore myself in the field of chemical engineering ..can you tell me about the internship in this field…
    thankyou

• March 19, 2017 at 9:13 PM

I am aman Shah from first year IT engineering i want to internship

• March 22, 2017 at 6:04 PM

Greetings!
    Myself Madhukar Jha perusing petroleum engineering . Being a 1st year student I want to gain more experience in my field from now onwards. Please do suggest something so that i may do internship in my summer break.

• April 7, 2017 at 12:03 AM

Respected sir,
    I am ECE student, I have given 1st year exams, now I am looking for the internships to enhance my skills how can I get internships? please help me sir.

• April 10, 2017 at 10:49 PM

Hi sir
    This is Shreya
    I’m a 1st year student,Electronics and communication engineering.
    Can u guide me for internship

• April 15, 2017 at 10:19 AM

Sir,
    I’m Gurasees Singh, 1st yr student of computer sciences in PEC university of technology, Chandigarh.
    Can u guide me on internships.

• April 20, 2017 at 8:53 PM

sir,
    im Batschalya Rout, 1st year btech cse student studying in manavrachna international university.
    can i get internship as i want to learn different languages of computer.

• May 3, 2017 at 1:16 AM

I have applied for internship through internshala app but according to the app my resume is not so good. So how can I increase my chance to get internship through internshala.

• May 7, 2017 at 8:20 PM

Hello Internshala, I’m a 1st year ECE student studying in sri sai ram institute of technology.Can u suggest me some internship courses in Chennai?

• May 12, 2017 at 10:23 AM

Hello sir!
    I m a first year mechanical engineering student from Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University For Women and I would really look forward to do Internship regarding my field which can help me boosting my knowledge more and more!! Please help !!

• May 25, 2017 at 2:10 PM

Hello sir
    I m a 1st year IT engineering student from DIT university .want to do internship for 1 mnth in Lucknow . please help me for the same . I have knowledge of C and C++.

• May 26, 2017 at 5:26 PM

Hi sir,

I’m a first year EEE student from R.M.K.Emgineering college. I want to do internship regarding my field.
    so please give me some idea about this

• May 28, 2017 at 9:01 PM

hello sir,
    please help me Im first year btech student(biotechnology) can you please help me to find a summer internship program in my field.

• June 2, 2017 at 10:28 AM

Hallo sir,
    I m a ATHM student in LPU. I have given 1st year exm..Now I m looking for the internship to enhance my skil in this course ATHM.How can i get internship .please help me. sir.

• June 29, 2017 at 8:51 AM

Respected sir/madam,
    Can an AMIE “Section A” pursuing candidate is eligible to apply for internship??

• June 29, 2017 at 4:08 PM

hI Prabhat,

Thank you for writing in. Yes, you can apply for the internships despite being in the first year of your degree.

Thanks,

• July 4, 2017 at 6:58 PM

It’s intresting

• July 14, 2017 at 11:19 AM

Hi i am a 1 st year pass computer student from vesit chembur and i am looking for some kind of internship to do while i am sitting at home can u plz suggest anything as i only know c language ..so is thr anything i can do?

• August 7, 2017 at 12:54 AM

Hi I am Jayeeta and I am a student of 1st year bsc sericulture,what kind of internship will you suggest me Intershala

• August 7, 2017 at 1:24 PM

HI

• August 14, 2017 at 10:21 AM

Sir,
    I am currently doing 1st semester EEE in SRM Chennai. I would like to know if I could apply non technical internships in marketing at this time (during vacation period) . As I am planning to do an MBA later I thought I would help me boost my skills. I am planning to do an internship in EEE later. Can you help me out?

• August 15, 2017 at 8:47 PM

Hi iam Vijay
    I am 2nd year B-tech student of Computer Science Engineering.I am willing to do a intrenship toKnow my knowladge.Provide the possible links..

• September 8, 2017 at 11:22 PM

Hello Sir,
    I am Rishabh Dey I want industry Internship from Kolkata,
    What should I do where should I do Sir….And most commonly how ???

• September 10, 2017 at 10:18 AM

Hello internshala! Nice work
    Please give me updates of next year because I am free from next year

• October 3, 2017 at 4:55 PM

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for writing in. We keep posting hundreds of internships on a daily basis. So you can visit our website anytime you wish to.

Thanks~ Sapna

• September 15, 2017 at 1:35 PM

Hello Internshala
    I am karishma. I am a geography student…so what kind of internship would you suggest me?

• September 27, 2017 at 11:29 AM

Hi sir,
    I’m mechanical engineering first year student.
    I’m interested in developing skills of mine technically.Do u suggest any internship programs regarding to my branch.

• October 6, 2017 at 11:11 PM

nice post

and thanks internshala……….for my 1st internship

• October 11, 2017 at 12:21 PM

Thanks, Sahil!
      Glad to know that you found your first internship through Internshala :)

Thanks~ Sapna

• October 8, 2017 at 6:55 PM

I am currently pursuing EE Engineering in one of the northeast NIT can i sit for internship in other nits?

• October 15, 2017 at 9:36 PM

Hi sir,
    I’m Saba begum from CSE department studying im mahatma Gandhi institute of technology in Hyderabad.I’m studying 3rd year i wanna do internship which suits my profession .Do you suggest me some internships with suits my course.

• October 20, 2017 at 12:21 PM

Hii
    Iam Omkar Deepak Latane first year BTech Aerospace student, may I know what internship I can do while having my studies.

• October 23, 2017 at 8:38 PM

Sir,I am Susmoy Mukherjee,a first year student pursuing Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Vellore Institute of Technology,Vellore, I really want to develop my technical skills in my branch related fields like pcb fabrication,can you suggest me a internship,online internship are more preferrable because i am a hosteller.

• October 27, 2017 at 10:52 PM

Sir,I am aman Singh I am a second year student of biochemical engineering.i want to internship

• November 6, 2017 at 5:36 PM

Hi Aman,

Thanks for writing in.
      We do not have any internships in biochemical engineering currently. Please visit https://internshala.com/internships to explore other internship opportunities.

Thanks ~Unnatti

• October 31, 2017 at 1:41 PM

Hello sir I m first yr student in NIEC of MAE branch. What type of internship could I do??