How to get an internship at HCL

How to get an internship at HCLMost likely, you may have stumbled upon this article while you were searching online for summer internships in HCL. However, HCL offers only a limited number of internships; what is mostly offered by them for engineering students are training programs.

As you may know, in a training program you have to pay to learn some new skills whereas in an internship you mostly get paid for applying your skills in the real projects.

While there is not much information available regarding internships at HCL, their careers page mentions two summer and winter internship programs for Management students (BBA, MBA, BBM), and we believe that these students are hired directly from the institutes.
1. Summer Internships: On the job training on pre-determined subjects for 8-12 weeks.
2. Winter Internships: Off-campus program, where research papers are submitted on pre-determined topics and writing white papers on various subjects.

For engineering students, while there is no mention of internships on the careers page, there’s a separate division called as HCL CDC (Career Development Centre) which offers fee-based training programs. Please note that HCL CDC operates on a franchise model and the actual training at these centres is delivered by HCL’s local partners. These are classroom training programs with a dummy project and a student has to pay anywhere between Rs 7500-15000/- depending on the duration and type of the project. You can read some reviews of the CDC program here, here, and here to make an informed decision.

If you are interested in learning a skill and want to join a training program, many free training programs are available online. You can find such programs on Coursera, Khan Academy, Codecademy etc., and enhance your skill set. Internshala Virtual Training Centre also provides a number of paid online training programs which you can check out.

If you need an internship to get the real-world experience, you can always find management internships, computer science internships, or engineering internships for yourself.

If you have done an actual internship at HCL and have something to add, we would love to hear; please comment below.

Image source: Livemint.com

29 thoughts on “How to get an internship at HCL

• May 18, 2016 at 4:28 PM

hello! i am dolly kumari, persuing b.tech from swami vivekanda institute of engineering and technology and i am in 6th sem. i want to do internship in hcl company.please reply me as soon as possible.
    my email id- dollykri60739@gmail.com

• May 30, 2016 at 9:37 PM

hello! i am kaavya pathak, persuing b.tech from panipat institute of engineering and technology and i am in 6th sem. i want to do internship in hcl company.please reply me as soon as possible.
    My email id pathakkaavya@gmail.com

• May 30, 2016 at 11:27 PM

Why should we pay for the company? Actually the company should pay the Interns.

• May 31, 2016 at 8:35 AM

Hello! I am Sanjana Singh, pursuing MBA from Shambhunath Institute of Engineering & Technology, Allahabad. I am in 2nd sem. I want to do internship in HCL company. Please reply me as soon as possible.
    My email id- ss.4816514@gmail.com

• December 19, 2016 at 10:52 AM

Hello!Iam Janani doing B.E., in nandha engg college. Iam in my 8th sem and I wish to take an internship based project in HCL. Plz give me a reply as soon as possible.

• December 21, 2016 at 12:12 AM

Hi Ma’m
    I’m divya keesari I was in my 5th semester I want to pursue my summer internship in hcl plz rply me as soon as possible

• February 8, 2017 at 7:44 PM

Hi ,
    I am Ilà Gaur , am pursuing MBA 2 Nd semester from Galgotias University. I want to pursue my internship from hcl in may . Please reply me as soon as possible.
    My email id is ilagaurshiv@gmail.com

• February 9, 2017 at 11:34 AM

Hi Ila,

You can visit HCL’s careers page here to get the details:

You can also try to contact the HR personnel of HCL on LinkedIn

Regards,

• April 12, 2017 at 6:04 PM

Harmonize infornation trends you lurk every day in social networks using mobile applications for android and iOS! Start well-featured http://appyresto.com app maker to produce apps for charity and trading.

• May 1, 2017 at 4:50 PM

hello, i am NAVEEN KUMAR diploma in computer science & engineering student from PIIT collage g. noida.
    sir i wants to know about summer interships with your organisation,
    so pls suggest me , how to join HCL organisation for interenship

• May 4, 2017 at 9:53 PM

i want to do internship from your company… how can i register

• June 2, 2017 at 6:12 PM

Hi my self Arjun nath pandey .i want to internalship in hcl.may you help me

• June 17, 2017 at 1:33 PM

Hello, I am pursuing bca from st.xaviers-ahmabad nd i am looking for internship frm hcl , How Do I Apply??

• July 12, 2017 at 3:57 PM

hello,i am anusha parvez persuing m.b.a from chaudhary charan singh university meerut.looking for internship at hcl ..what i have to do to get internship at hcl ??

• July 12, 2017 at 4:10 PM

hello ,i am anusha parvez persuing m.b.a from chaudhary charan singh university meerut .wants to internship at hcl for human resource developmet ..what i have to do to get intrlernship??

• July 26, 2017 at 6:31 AM

Hii, I m Anand madhav,I pursuing my b.tech from patna sahib group of college.i m in 7th sem.i want to persue my internship from hcl in moth of august.please reply me as soon as possible.my email i.d is sam.charli99@gmail.com,and the contact number is 9798588686.

• August 16, 2017 at 4:26 PM

Hi Anand,

Thank you for writing in. You can visit HCL’s careers page here to get the details-http://www.hcltech.com/careers/india/students

You can also try to contact the HR personnel of HCL on LinkedIn.

You may check internships on Internshala at this link- https://internshala.com/internships/

Hope it helps.