How to get an internship at Infosys

How to get an internship at InfosysMost likely, you may have come across this post while searching for internships in Infosys. The second-largest Indian IT services company, Infosys is known for providing in-depth training to the interns and college recruits.

What are the types of internships available and who are eligible to apply?
Infosys runs two different internship programs:

1. InStep: The flagship global internship program for undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. students. The program includes a mixture of students from various disciplines like engineering, management, and liberal arts who intern at different locations all across the world. For this program, only the students from the partnering institutions can apply. From India, students from IITs are eligible to apply.

2. Winter Internship: This is the special internship program of 16 weeks for undergraduate and postgraduate engineering students of CSE and IT branch, and MCA students.

How to apply?
InStep program – You can visit the official InStep website and apply online. You need to create an account to log in and fill the application form. You need to apply at least 4-5 months before your planned starting date.

Winter internship program: Contact the HR of the Infosys office you wish to intern at through the Training & Placement cell of your college. You need to contact the office at least 3-4 months prior to the period you are available for the internship. You can also try to connect with the HR executives through LinkedIn or some reference.

What after applying?
Students are asked either to upload their resume while applying online (company website or LinkedIn) or to send in their resumes to the HR they communicated with. Following the initial screening on the basis of the resumes and applications, a telephonic interview is scheduled which is not that rigorous. The questions asked are basic and rarely technical. Few sample questions are:
• Questions regarding OS concepts.
• General questions about object oriented programming.
• What is your career objective and what do you expect from this internship?
• What are your hobbies? Have you participated in any state/national level events?

Once the telephonic interview is over, the shortlisted candidates receive an offer letter. For the InStep program, this is followed by the logistics and Visa preparation.

What to expect once the internship starts:
The 16-week internship is divided into two parts- first 6 weeks of training programs and next 10 weeks working on a live project. The training program is further divided into three parts:
1. Generic: Based on fundamental subjects of Computer Science like RDBMS using Oracle, OOPs using Java, Cloud computing etc.
2. Stream specific: Based on specific technology like J2EE, .NET, Mainframe, SAP etc.
3. L&D training: Soft skills, Business communication (oral and written) etc.

The stipend provided is 8-10K/ month along with free accommodation for the complete duration of the internship in Infosys’s huge and elegant Mysore campus. All the recreational facilities like swimming pool, gym, Amphitheatre etc. can also be availed at a nominal charge.

Word of advice from ex-interns:
Getting Placed: An exam is conducted at the end of the internship which results in two different outcomes:
1. If you pass the exam: You directly get placed at Infosys and receive your offer letter in next 2-3 weeks. You won’t need to undergo the training program again and will join directly as an employee thereby saving 6 months of your time.
2. If you fail the exam: You can join Infosys as a Systems engineer trainee after completing your graduation and you will have to undergo the foundation training program again along with students hired through college placements.

Mentorship: The interns get the chance to work alongside professionals from across the globe. Mentors provide ample time to solve your doubts and provide you enough technical and behavioral know-hows to prepare you for your transition from a student to a working professional.

A couple of pro-tips:
• You need to provide an NOC from your institute before you can start your internship.
• You have to sign a bond before you begin your internship according to which if you don’t join Infosys after the training period, you have to pay a certain amount.
• Interns are selected on a project to project basis. Your ability and compatibility with the available projects play an important role in your selection.

If you also wish to build a career in the software industry, you can check out these cool computer science internships. For applying to more of such internships, please register here.

If you have done an internship at Infosys and have something to add, we would love to hear; please comment below.

76 thoughts on “How to get an internship at Infosys

• July 21, 2016 at 12:00 PM

D.Mary ,M.Pharmacy(Regulatory Affairs)

Can Pharmacy fields are eligible ?

• July 22, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Thank you for writing in.
      It is mentioned in the above article that only the students of undergraduate and postgraduate engineering CSE and IT branch, and MCA can apply for the internship in Infosys.

• August 1, 2017 at 10:21 AM

Hi
        Im doing MSc in Computer Science can i also apply?

• August 11, 2017 at 12:31 PM

Hi Gaanashree,

Thank you for writing in.

Please visit https://internshala.com/internships/computer%20science-internship to find internships relevant for you.

Thanks,

• September 10, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Can BBA students apply for it??

• September 11, 2016 at 4:41 PM

How to apply for internship (FRESHERS) at infosys?and also mention the email where we have to send our resume

• September 20, 2016 at 8:45 PM

is it necessary to sign the bond before joining for winter internship? will i be free to join some other company after finishing the internship in infosys?

• September 21, 2016 at 11:31 AM

Hi Rekha,

Thank you for writing in.
      Yes. It is necessary to sign the bond before joining the internship.

• September 24, 2016 at 8:44 PM

After online registration for infosys internship when they conducting telephonic interview???

• September 26, 2016 at 11:55 AM

Hi Anuja,

Thank you for writing in.
      Kindly refer the above article for all the information regarding the interview with Infosys.

• October 8, 2016 at 6:23 PM

Is there any internship program for ECE branch students in Infosys

• October 9, 2016 at 1:19 PM

Hi, I’m a fresher passed out this year i.e. 2016. I have completed BE in EEE, can I apply for internship?

• October 10, 2016 at 8:35 AM

Is there any internship for B. COM honours students?

• October 10, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Hi
    I am b.sc maths students. Shall i apply for it. Please reply.

• October 12, 2016 at 11:28 AM

Can B.Sc.IT graduates (Freshers) apply for this internship ?

• October 25, 2016 at 2:01 PM

I am final year b.fine student can i apply for internship in infosys…I have knowledge of designing software like photoshop, corel draw and indesign..
    can I apply for internship

• November 16, 2016 at 6:25 AM

I Am continuing my btech Carrier in CSE branch .n now am in 3rd yr..n I want to apply this internship. …… Can I????

• November 23, 2016 at 4:50 PM

can a BBA(H) final year student of also apply for winter internship in infosys ??????

• August 11, 2017 at 12:49 PM

Hi Olive,

Thank you for writing in.

Please visit https://internshala.com/internships/general%20management-internship to find internships relevant for you.
      Hope that helps.

Thanks,

• November 23, 2016 at 10:09 PM

I’m pursuing Btech final year in CSE stream and i was not selected for Infosys during college placement programme, and now i am interested to do internship at infosys mysore can you please help me out..is there any way to apply !

• November 24, 2016 at 7:14 PM

Hello,
        Thanks for your reply I never expected that i would get reply from you so early…

In the article it is said to register in Instep for applying Infosys internship but its only for IIT candidates and I belong to state university graduation college and I’m interested in Infosys mysuru internship ! can u help me..!

• November 25, 2016 at 5:10 PM

HI Sunil,

We are sorry to say, but we couldn’t find any information other than that given in the article regarding the internship in Infosys. If we have any, we will surely notify you.

• November 27, 2016 at 7:43 PM

Can non-iitian also apply for the internship ?

• November 28, 2016 at 4:40 PM

Hi Praver,

Thank you for writing in. Yes. Of course! All the students can apply for the internships.
      You can check the internships posted by Internshala, and apply for the one which suits your profile-

Hope it helps.

• December 3, 2016 at 10:11 AM

Hi! I just want to know that, is it worth to do internship in infosys after 6th sem cse in terms of getting pre-placement offer in Infosys?

• December 5, 2016 at 10:17 AM

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for writing in. Please refer the above article for the further details regarding internship in Infosys. I hope it helps.

• December 19, 2016 at 2:40 AM

Any idea what amount we have to pay if we want to leave after internship?

• December 26, 2016 at 10:47 AM

Hi Vinayak,

We have no information regarding the amount a student needs to pay on leaving an internship in Infosys.

• December 21, 2016 at 12:53 PM

I am b.tech(IT) student . I want to apply for 6 month internship. How I can apply for internship??

• December 27, 2016 at 3:30 PM

Hi mam
    iam keerthana, i completed my B.E(cse) 2015 passedout, i have completed dot net and software testing courses….shall i eligible to do intershio in infosys…

• January 6, 2017 at 12:52 PM

diploma in-IT,passing year-2007 Can apply for it??

• January 9, 2017 at 5:35 PM

Hi Ashwini,

Thank you for writing in. Yes. Of course, you can apply for the internships on Internshala. Visit here for the internships, and apply for the one which suits your profile-

Hope it helps.

Regards,

• February 2, 2017 at 12:48 AM

How to apply for internship for freshers of b.tech. computer science….please send me your e-mail where i can send my resume

• February 7, 2017 at 8:16 PM

Hii,i want a internship in infosysis and am from cse 3rd year

• February 9, 2017 at 11:40 PM

I am Ila Gaur, am pursuing my MBA 2nd semester from galgotias university. I would like to do my internship from Infosys. Please guide me the way for applying.

• February 12, 2017 at 11:04 AM

hello sir/mam
    my name is vivek ,
    i am b tech 3rd yr student from ” jaipur engineering college and research center”.my domain is electronics and communication. can, i apply for internship.

• February 21, 2017 at 10:24 AM

Hi Vivek,

Thank you for writing in. You can check the internships here –

And apply to the ones which suit your profile the best.

Regards,

• February 15, 2017 at 4:22 PM

I hav applied for internshipat Infosys but till now I did not get any response.

• August 11, 2017 at 12:46 PM

Hi Olive,

Thanks for writing in. You may follow up with the employer for your application status.

Regards,

• February 18, 2017 at 10:06 PM

Hi
    I’m doing 3rd b.tech cse can I apply for the internships if it possible please give me the procedure to join intership

• August 11, 2017 at 12:45 PM

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for writing in.

Of course, you can apply. Please visit https://internshala.com/ and apply to the ones which suit your profile the best.

Regards,

• February 22, 2017 at 12:43 PM

Iam Sravanthi present iam studying b.tech 3rd year in information technology from kakathiya university warangal campus .Iwant to join internship in yours campony how I have to apply for this please send me link sir

• March 14, 2017 at 7:00 PM

Hello sir/ma’am,
    I am BE mechanical 2016 fresher from Pune University.I am interested in doing the Infosys internship. Can I apply for internship?
    Thank you..

• April 13, 2017 at 7:30 PM

Hello sir…im Karthika Gopal
    Im an mba student and i have a summer project in june and it is to do an internship of 4 weeks (1 month).
    I would like to do it at infosys pune.
    Please guide me through the procedure.

• June 12, 2017 at 1:16 PM

Hello sir,
    I have completed B.E(ENTC) from G.H.RAISONI INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY, PUNE in 2015.My college is not registered with infosys internship program but i want to do an internship with your organization.I have done course on java technology from seed infotech and wants to exploit my knowledge with your organization and improve my skills.Can you please help me.

• June 14, 2017 at 11:46 PM

Hello Sir,

I have completed btech with computer science stream and i want to apply for internship .Am i eligible ?

• July 5, 2017 at 12:03 PM

hii..

I am doing my M.Sc computer Science . can i get an internship at Infosys. Is M.Sc C.S is eligible??. i would like to do an internship in Infosys..

• July 27, 2017 at 6:54 PM

i have submitted my resume for instep training but i dont get any information from infosys??

how can i know if am not shortlisted for instep in infosys????

am waiting so long..

• August 11, 2017 at 12:37 PM

Hi Raji,

Thanks for writing in.
      You may follow up with the employer.

Regards,

• August 31, 2017 at 1:13 PM

Hlo mam/ sir…i m looking for internship in your company but i don’t have noc because i m graduated with CSE stream…please let me know that your company can provide me such oppurtunity and we are two or three friends..so please……

• September 4, 2017 at 12:49 PM

I want to do internship in infosys I dont know what is the procedure of internship plz help me

• September 4, 2017 at 12:52 PM

I want to do internship in infosys how l can & what the procedure of internship please help me