How to get an internship at Ashok Leyland

how-to-get-an-internship-at-ashok-leylandMost probably, you may have come across this post while searching for an internship in Ashok Leyland. Being the second largest commercial vehicle manufacturer in India, Ashok Leyland summer internship is highly valued by students all over the country.

What types of internships are available and who are eligible to apply?
Ashok Leyland offers a number of internship opportunities for engineering and management graduates in the domains of Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Business Planning, Advanced Engineering, Product Design, Manufacturing Management, Information Technology, Finance, and HR. Pre-final year students of mechanical, automobile engineering & related streams and MBA are eligible to apply.

How to apply?
Online Application: Students can register here and apply by uploading their resumes. For all the recruitment related queries, you can drop an email at hrd_careers@ashokleyland.com

Through a referral: If you know someone who works at Ashok Leyland, ask her to provide you a referral. You can even find some employees through Facebook or LinkedIn for this.

Getting in touch with the HR executive: Find a previous/current employee/intern and ask her to provide you the HR’s email address. E-mail the HR directly clearly stating your purpose, with a strong cover letter and resume.

Through college/university: Contact the Ashok Leyland office you wish to intern at through the Training and Placement cell of your college.

What after applying?
A structured process matches the submitted resumes with the available key projects. CGPA and project experience plays an important role in the selection.
It is followed by two rounds of interviews – technical and HR. Technical interviews mostly consist of questions pertaining to your past projects and areas of interests. Few sample technical questions are:
Explain stress-strain graph for ductile materials
• Why should we provide tolerance for components?
• Explain drift and drag
• What is the length of the pen in your pocket?
• Why is the emission test for a car conducted with the entire car running while only the engine is tested on the bed in case of heavy engines?
• What mechanism does the wiper of a car work on?

The HR questions are pretty basic and test your understanding of the company’s business. Few sample HR questions are:
• What do you feel you can do to add value to the company’s business?
• What do you expect from this internship?
• What is your biggest strength and weakness?
• What do you know about our business strategy?

Once the internship starts, interns are assigned to a particular department depending on their specialization. A mentor is responsible for guiding the intern throughout the internship. An average monthly stipend of 10-12K is offered to the interns. Free lunch is also provided in all the factories.

Word of advice from ex-interns:
Interview tips: Know about the commercial vehicle business and about the major players and trends in manufacturing. Having some knowledge about the competitors like Tata Motors also helps. Answer all the questions with confidence and when you don’t know a specific answer, clearly communicate that – don’t beat around the bush.

Getting placed: Interns have a good chance of getting the pre-placement offer at the end of the internship. The decision is made on the basis of an intern’s performance and competencies displayed during the internship.

Learning opportunities: The open work culture provides a plethora of learning opportunities. Interns get a chance to work with cutting-edge technological equipment and can participate in different projects across departments.

Want to make a career in the automobile or manufacturing industry? Register here and apply to these cool mechanical internships and MBA internships. If you’ve done an internship at Ashok Leyland and have something to add, we would love to hear; please comment below.

Image credits: edu2020.in

31 thoughts on “How to get an internship at Ashok Leyland

• March 3, 2017 at 11:53 PM

I am Parameswar Mahakud continuing B. Tech in automobile Engg. At PMEC.,berhampur (govt. Engg college) wants to join internship program In ur company. .so kindly suggest me the way to get internship training.

• March 9, 2017 at 4:13 PM

Hi Sir

i am chintala swamy continuing b.tech second year in mechanical at KITS Warangal. so i want to join in internship in your company. so please suggest to me i eligible for internship .

• March 10, 2017 at 2:31 PM

Sir, I am a student of diploma in automobile engineering from DEI technical college Dayalbagh Agra. So I want to get training from your company, I am student of 2nd year .

• March 17, 2017 at 7:29 AM

SIr, I am Kviti Bhagyaraj Continue B.tech(3rd year-2nd sem) in mechanical engineering at AITAM, Tekkali.I want to join Internship program in your company for 1 month(may08-june08).So preferably suggest me how to get internship in your company.

• April 24, 2017 at 8:27 AM

Sir. How. Much time duration will take to complete the internship program..
    Now iam Pershing 3 Rd year. Mech. Iam. Eligible or not?.. now iam in summer vacation.. about 50 days in my hand…

• April 24, 2017 at 5:52 PM

Sir. Iam waiting for urs response….

• April 26, 2017 at 5:16 PM

Good evening sir
    I am pushpender nihalani I am pursuing BBA from amity University rajasthan and I am in 4th semester now. I just want to know that do ashok Leyland provides internship to graduate students??? I want to do internship under this kind of famouse company. So kindly please inform me so that I can join your company

• May 3, 2017 at 7:09 AM

Sir l am student of b tech mechanical engineering 3rd year from CT group institutions of technology Punjab. so want to get training your company.

• May 6, 2017 at 1:35 AM

Respected sir,
    I am student of secondlast year of mechanical digree engineering and i want to summer internship in your company…plz provide me guidelines.
    Thankuuuuu…Harsh M. Ladva

• May 24, 2017 at 10:00 AM

My self mohd airf I am b tech mechanical student 2nd year from tmu moradabad I want summer training form ashok Leyland

• June 1, 2017 at 1:00 PM

Sir Iam student of BE mechanical engineering.let I want attend internship on your company .

• June 10, 2017 at 3:36 PM

I am in final year of Diploma in Mech. Engg. At Govt. Polytechnic Distt. Bageshwar(UK)
    Am I eligible for only 1 month internship as well as summer training, in your industry.

• June 16, 2017 at 10:37 PM

I’m mechanical engineering student.I wish to do internship any company for 10days so please give me some suggestions of companies which allows internship.

• June 19, 2017 at 12:13 PM

I am eee student can I join your company for 6 months summer training?
    Please reply

• July 18, 2017 at 2:26 PM

Hi I’m Israr
    Right now I’m in btech III rd yr
    N I’m looking for some training program in Ashok leylend . Can I get some info about it.
    Email: 4israrahmed@gmail.com

• August 1, 2017 at 7:30 PM

Sir,
    I am P.Maneesh Kumar pursuing Btech in Mechanical.I’m currently in my 3rd year 1st semester.I would like to do an intern with Ashokleyland in coming summer i.e; in 2018 .May I know , whether this is the Right time to Apply? When is the last date for application?

Thanking you in anticipation of a reply that helps.