Suits is a slick legal drama where lawyers outmaneuver each other using legislative loopholes, gambling, and bluffing. Strong characters like the street smart Mike Ross, the quick-wit Dona, and the tyrannical Litt are important to the show, but the X-factor of the show remains the character of Harvey Specter, played by Gabriel Macht. And that’s mainly because of his badass dialogues and the mannerism in which he delivers them. Here are some of his sassiest one-liners which all students can use in everyday life:
1. When your friend boasts about getting an ‘easy’ internship at her Mama ke bhai ke chacha ki company and mocks you for interning at a startup.
2. When your nosey relatives enquire about your Board exam results & future plans and then ‘advise’ you to opt for Science as there is no scope in Commerce and Humanities.
3. When someone tries to ridicule you for being a foodie, fat-shames you, or lectures about the hazards of eating street food.
4. When friends ask your secret mantra for performing well during a viva.
5. When you are being compared to Sharma ji ka ladka!
6. When you have to motivate your friend who’s being forced to join Engineering in spite of having different dreams.
7. When people question your unorthodox career choices and tell you to play it ‘safe’.
8. When that ‘popular’ kid who ignored you in the class whole semester, acts friendly just before the exam and asks for your notes.
9. When your girlfriend explains different shades of a color and the importance of matching the color of pillows with that of the curtains.
10. When you recommend a junior for your college club/society and he makes a bad first impression.
11. When your committed friends keep forcing you to get into a relationship saying you need a partner for everything.
12. When you finally get your first internship after all those rejections.
13. And finally, when fellow interns accuse you of being over-ambitious & workaholic and ask you to ‘chill’.
So, next time you find yourself in any tricky situation, just suit up and ask yourself how Harvey might have responded! :) If you can think of some other situations where you can use these dialogues, we would be glad to hear; please comment below.
Pic courtesy: The Appjuice, Google images