An exciting opportunity to work in area of Environment and Sustainable Development across 41 locations in the country with one of the leading non-profit organizations.

About CEE: – Centre for Environment Education, CEE was created in recognition of the importance of environmental education in India’s overall environment and development strategy. The result of a unique partnership between government and a non-governmental institution, CEE was established as a Centre of Excellence in 1984, supported by the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), Government of India.

About Internship: – CEE works in 21 thrust areas covering a wide spectrum of initiatives in education, rural and urban development, water & sanitation, eco-tourism etc. A complete list and details of all the 21 thrust areas can be found here. The projects could involve field work, research work, development of communication material & media or documentation. The actual details would get finalized basis candidate’s location preference and ongoing projects in that location.

Who can apply: – All students and young professionals (18-30 years of age) with an active interest in sustainable development and looking to get a deeper understanding of the different aspects & challenges involved are welcome to apply

Location: – CEE has offices in 41 locations in country where an opportunity may exist depending on candidate’s interest in a particular thrust area. To view a complete list of the locations please click here

Duration: – 1 to 12 months (Flexible as per student’s academic schedule)

Stipend: – A stipend of Rs. 3,500 – 5000 per month is paid for all the internships of two months or greater duration. Lodging and boarding support may be available for select locations and projects. A certificate is provided to the candidates at the end of the internship.

How to apply: – Please refer CEE Page for more info and application details.

Editor’s note: – While it seems like an obviously relevant internship opportunity for political science, law and public policy, Humanities and liberal arts students, I would think that for other streams students too (especially those with IAS dreams, political aspirations or even MBA as career goal), this could be a meaningful internship. Having this experience on your CV may help you differentiate yourself from the rest and is usually looked upon favorably by the admission committees or employers.

You may look for similar meaningful internships on Internshala; register here and give yourself a learning-packed opportunity.

34 thoughts on “Internship with Centre for Environment Education (CEE) – Environment and Sustainable Development – Multiple locations, India

• March 11, 2011 at 7:12 PM

sir,
    is it useful for civil engg. students????

• March 12, 2011 at 12:39 AM

@jayatheja
    A bit tricky to answer as Sustainable Development and Environmental Education are now part of Civil Engineering curriculum but still it would not be as technical an internship as say working in a design office or on a site.

Why don’t you write to aparna.susarala@ceeindia.org and find out more about project details which may help you decide?

• March 16, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Dear Sarvesh,

Are internships also extended to international students? I am an NRI finishing a BA in Env. Science in may and will be starting a MS in Water Management and Hydrologic Sciences in the Fall. I’d love to get involved with CEE, it sounds perfectly fitting to my personal as well as career goals. Let me know!

Thanks,
    Krittika

• March 16, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Best would be to check with Aparna whose email address is given in the link. From organization stand point, I don’t think there should be a problem but from work Visa stand point, how does this work out, I am not sure – if you find out, do let me know.

• March 27, 2011 at 3:38 PM

sir,
    i’m an 1st year undergrad at iit kharagpur. Pls tell me if i’m eligible for this internship and whats the last date to apply.

• March 28, 2011 at 1:30 AM

It’s a rolling internship meaning there is no last date to apply – depending on candidates availability internships are offered round the year. So go ahead and apply!

• April 25, 2011 at 9:12 PM

i’m a finall year student of bioinformatics and environmental engg,studying in ooty,i’m interested in doing a short term project in environmentl field,please send me the details of your institite and the relevance information so that i wll be able to contact you…

yours faithfully
    Avrojyoti De

• April 26, 2011 at 10:42 PM

all the internships that I am aware of are posted on the blog – surf around and you may find something relevant.

• April 27, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Hi Sarvesh,

I doing my final year MBA in (HR).And I am pleased to do my internship program with CEE in Coimbatore.Kindly let me know how and to whom do I have to approach for it.

Thanks,
    Prem

• April 27, 2011 at 11:30 PM

The details on how to apply are given at the end of the post, have a look. Do let me know if you still are facing problems in applying.

Wish you all the best. How do you like the blog?

• May 2, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Thanks Sarvesh,

Yes, I could find it. I have also sent out a mail out to Aparna regarding the same. But it seems that there is no possiblity to be a part of CEE in Coimbatore it seems. Is that so? Kindly assist me how could I do my internship with CEE in South India.

The blog is awesome.

Regards,
    Prem

• May 6, 2011 at 10:23 PM

My understanding was that they have centres in 41 locations all over India and some of them must be in south (the complete list is available at the same link) but yes, not all the localtions may have an internship requirement. Did you check with her on what (if any) projects are available at other south India centres of CEE other than Coimbatore?

If you liked the blog, would you like to help Internshala reach out to more and more students by sharing the link (www.internshala.com) with your friends on facebook/google/yahoo groups?

Wish you all the best!

• June 14, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Hey,
    What is the procedure to apply for the internship?
    And is there any opportunity of getting an internship

• August 12, 2011 at 7:09 PM

hi ,
    i am final year b.tech Energy and Environmental Engg student.
    i want some more details on what all projects are going on for doing 3 month internship in and surroundings of karnadaka.
    can you please tell the details of how to apply ? it will be use full sir

• September 23, 2011 at 9:44 PM

hey the cee page link given here has some problems. can u plz check it and give the proper link for applying?

• October 4, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Thanks Pooja for bringing this to my notice and apologies for delay in replying – have fixed the link now, have a look.

Many thanks

• October 6, 2011 at 4:19 PM

hey sarvesh thank you for your valuable help.

• December 27, 2011 at 4:03 PM

@PRASHANT KUMAR
    hai iam haripriya ,now am studing m sc environmental science , i would like to join in summer internships . i would llike to work with socio regions and rural areas and when willstart summer internships in 2011

• February 25, 2012 at 11:20 AM

sir
    now i can apply or date has been finish .

• March 22, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Any contact details of Sayen or CEE? I just wanted to know if there’ll be a confirmation mail sent to the interested students after submission of the relevant documents.

• November 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Hi ,
    I have completed my B.E in Civil Engg in the month June, 2013 and want to pursue my higher studies in the field of Environmental Studies. I delivered a seminar which was a part of my curriculum during my B.E final year on ‘ELECTRONIC WASTE MANAGEMENT’ and I opted for ‘SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT’ as my elective during my final year.

I came across the site : cee.org where I found your email Id’s. I am very much interested in applying for the internship that your orgainsation offers. Can you please let me know as to when can I apply for the same for Bangalore Location. Currently I am working as a Trainee with NIWARA builders in my native, Belgaum, from August, 2013. Thanks.

Regards,
    Shubhada Upadhye

• August 9, 2016 at 8:14 AM

Hello sir,I m sunidhi
    Presently I m pursuing Msc(tech)env. Science and technology from bhu and I m in 1st year.can I do an internship programme in CEE

• August 11, 2017 at 1:37 PM

Hi Sunidhi,

Thanks for writing in. Please go through the “Who can apply” section of the article.

Regards,

• June 22, 2017 at 4:22 PM

May i know the about the internship more?
    Garima Lunia
    Bsc life sciences 3rd year.
    Delhi University

• July 28, 2017 at 9:29 PM

Hello sir,
    Is that all the people applying is eligible or there is any selection process.Also,what I will be learning in the internship program.

• August 1, 2017 at 12:15 PM

Hi Geethanjali,

Thank you for writing in. The eligibility criteria is mentioned in all the internships. You can find it in the ‘who can apply’ section of an internship.
      Check the internships here- https://internshala.com/internships/. Hope it helps.

Thanks,