Internship with Bloomberg –New Energy Finance – Delhi, India

This is BIG one. So big that it almost feels unreal! It would be great if someone could share more info on the application experience. Ideal for candidates from Engineering background with knowledge of Economics/Finance.

Regarding the last date to apply, this is what the FAQ section for the internships has to say – “There are no specific deadlines for internships. However, most internship opportunities are posted in December and fill up very quickly.”

Got the message?

About Bloomberg: – Bloomberg (www.bloomberg.com) is the world’s most trusted source of information for businesses and professionals. Bloomberg New Energy Finance is the world’s leading provider of industry information and analysis to investors, corporations and governments in clean energy, low carbon technologies and the carbon markets. Its dedicated global network of analysts are continuously monitoring technology market changes, deal flow and financial activity allowing instantaneous transparency into the clean energy and carbon markets and understanding of the fundamental economic drivers of these industries.

The team of analysts in India focuses on analysis of investment & policy, asset evaluation and demand supply fundamentals for multiple clean energy technologies (including wind, solar, biomass, small hydro and energy efficiency).

About Internship: – The selected interns, working under the guidance of one of our clean energy analyst teams will undertake primary research and analyse the technology, economic and regulatory drivers in Indian clean energy sector.

The aim of the internship will be to help build fundamentals based financial & demand supply model for upcoming renewable energy and energy efficiency certificate trading in India. A part of the work will entail data collection (in house and from external sources), feeding data into the model and assuring consistency across regions & energy sources. You will be required to help in building the methodology and design the architecture of the model.

Who can apply: – Bloomberg is looking for individuals with a background in engineering and economics/finance. Your experience and qualifications should include:

-Studying toward a degree in a numerate or science based subject.

-Knowledge of finance, including project finance and capital budgeting.

-Exceptional quantitative skills

-Comfortable in working on quantitative models in MS excel (designed using macros or Visual Basic).

-Able to assimilate and assess new and highly technical information.

-Knowledge of regulatory issues in the energy sector (preferably clean energy).

-Ability to cut through the noise of large quantities of data, and to extract and analyse key patterns.

-Exceptional communication skills and professionalism.

-Must act as a thought-leader and self-starter, have a high work-rate, ability to work on parallel tasks and rigorous attention to detail.

Location: – New Delhi, India

How to apply: – Please refer to Bloomberg Careers Page for more info and application details.

Editor’s note: – Information above is my interpretation and paraphrasing of what I found on the shared link. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.

18 thoughts on “Internship with Bloomberg –New Energy Finance – Delhi, India

• November 9, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I’m doing my 7th sem engineering in information science.im interested in finding an internship for January 2012.i have searched through your blog dint find anything appropriate.
    I’m interested to know if i could get some internships in NIT’s or IIT’s for research based on my ares of interest.I have heard that they are helpful in getting u a Ms degree.

• November 19, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I’d suggest apply for the ones that are posted for December as some employers may consider students joining in April as well. For internship in IIT/NIT etc. would suggest that do a bit of research on their profiles and academic interests and write to them directly and someone may respond – its a hard long route but works in most of the cases.

Hope this helps. Liked Internshala on facebook yet?

• November 9, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Im currently studying in coorg institute of technology a private engineering college in karnataka

• November 12, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Can you tell me if this internship is for next summer (May-July 2012)? Duration? Stipend?

• November 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Looks like from the description that this internship is for summers. Duration should be 8-10 weeks and while I do not know the exact stipend, but it being Bloomberg, would not worry about it either :)

Hope this helps. Liked Internshala on facebook yet?

• November 22, 2011 at 4:45 PM

I did happen to interview with them. As I am currently in school and they needed someone urgently within the next 30 days, I had to opt out.

It is a good opportunity for someone who needs exposure to the Renewable Energy Sector in India. I was already working on something on this within my college. Hence got a call from them within 7 days of applying to this.

• November 27, 2011 at 6:33 PM

is there any email id through which i can reach these people regarding further details.

• November 30, 2011 at 7:17 AM

Nopes, atleast I do not have one. Sorry.

• November 30, 2011 at 2:14 PM

• December 9, 2011 at 6:22 PM

@Himanshu: I want to talk with you. Can you mail me @ ajay.jain788@gmail.com

@Himanshu

Himanshu :

• December 18, 2011 at 12:59 AM

i clicked on the link bloombergs careers page….but the result shows that page not found….by the way im 2nd yr chemical engineering student at iitr…how much helpful would this internship be for me….reply asap!!!

• February 11, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Hello Sir,
    I am currently pursuing my E-MBA in Oil & Gas.I have previous work experience of 5 years in the Power sector.Are there any internships available in the Energy domain which would be starting in the month of April 2012.
    Thanks,
    Sameer.

• June 30, 2012 at 1:11 PM

i have completed my graduation and i am currently pursuing international cfa level-1.
    i am looking for internship in finance for 6months and above

• November 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Sir
    I would like to do an internship which is coherant
    With te above description of internship at bloomberg for clean enery development
    analysis,market status in carbon trading..etc.
    Please do let me know if such internships are still available .
    I am pursuing my chemical engineering from anna university,chennai.
    Have done a paper presntation on “Carbon Credits”at “Chemfluence”
    Technical symposium organised by university department.Have immense knowledge about carbon credits and would still want to learn more.