A great opportunity for post graduate engineering students to work at IIT Delhi and execute an innovative Research and Development project. This fellowship is for students from engineering institutes other than IIT Delhi. Last date to apply is 23rd April – hurry up!
About the internship: – This fellowship program for post graduate engineering students is for anyone looking to do a research project under the guidance of a faculty at IIT Delhi.
Who can apply: – Any M.Tech./M.E. student, who has completed at least 1 year of study towards an engineering degree and has secured atleast 70% marks or CGPA of 7.5 ( on a 10 point scale) at the end of Ist Semester, in her/his respective programme will be eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Duration: – The internship will be for 8weeks during the summer vacation. The internship can start anytime after May 16th. Vacation dates are available on the institute website.
Location: – IIT Delhi
Stipend: – The fellowship will cover the following;
- cost of travel by train with in the country, to and from IIT Delhi;
- stay at IIT Delhi during the visit(s), including boarding and
- lodging in the Institute hostels; and
- a fellowship of Rs. 500/- per week.
The fellow will have to pay the insurance charges.
How to apply: – Complete details on the internship can be viewed here. Students interested to apply for this fellowship programme should first contact a faculty member at IIT Delhi in his/her area of interest and obtain his consent to guide the student. The applicant should then submit the following:
- Application form
- One consolidated grade card; and rank in class, if any.
- No Objection Certificate from the parent institution stating the starting and ending dates for carrying out full-time research work at IIT Delhi under the fellowship programme.
- One photograph (Passport size), pasted on the application form.
- One reference letter in a sealed envelope.
- Consent from IIT Delhi faculty
The above documents along with covering letter should reach the Deputy Registrar(PGS&R), IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016. Last date to apply is 23rd April, 2012!
Editor’s note: – Information above is my interpretation and paraphrasing of what I found on the shared link. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.
Not sure if your CV is up to the mark? Read the “How not to write your CV” here.
You can also share any meaningful internship that you know and join the movement to build a Wikipedia of internships and win exciting prizes. Check out the FAQs Section for more details.
Logo image credit:– http://web.iitd.ac.in/~sundar/IITD-logo.gif