Your chance to work with an organization that believes in and strives towards the motto, “One day all students will attain an excellent education.” If your interpersonal skills are something worth bragging about, this internship is for you. The last date to apply is 10th July 2012 – hurry!
About Teach For India:- Teach For India (www.teachforindia.org) is a nationwide movement in pursuit of educational equity in India. Teach For India recruits exceptional college graduates and professionals to work as full time teachers in under-resourced schools for two years. Teach For India solicits leaders who will pilot the movement against educational inequity and begets the leaders of tomorrow. The Teach For India staff work relentlessly along with the Fellows to pioneer the movement.
About Internship:- Project Summary: Teach For India has partnered with SIPA, Columbia University to design and conduct a longitudinal study. The study will enable TFI to measure the impact of TFI intervention by comparing a sample of TFI classrooms with non-TFI classrooms from the same schools. TFI is currently aiming to measure its impact on key student inputs, such as student participation, time spent studying at home, values and mindsets etc.
Position Summary: The intern will work closely with various stakeholders (Principals, Fellows, other teachers in the school, and students) to ensure the successful implementation of the Longitudinal Impact study.
1.Undergoing training to understand the scope of the project and various processes/responsibilities:
- Administering assessments and student survey
- Grading assessments
- Data management and collection
- Tracking student IDs and classroom/school IDs
2. Coordinating with Teach For India Team and school authorities to ensure timely execution of the baseline assessments/survey in target schools.
3. Travel to participating schools to conduct baseline assessments and student surveys in classrooms.
4. Grade assessments and student surveys as per the rubrics, ensuring reliability and integrity of the data collection process.
5. Transfer assessment and survey data on to easy-to-use MS Excel trackers.
Number of internships:- 6
Who can apply:- Any Student/Graduate with an experience of 0-3 years and below skill set can apply :-
- Fluency in Telugu/Hindi
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence and motivate team members and project stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- Adaptability and flexibility in working style; willingness to travel within the city
- Basic knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to work with large group of primary school students; classroom management skills (strongly preferred)
- Attention to detail.
Location:- Hyderabad, India
Duration:- 1 month
Start date:- July 2012
Stipend:- Rs. 4000 per month along with training and resources during the study, travel allowance to and from schools and a letter of recommendation and certificate on successful completion of the internship will be provided.
How to apply:- If all set, go ahead and apply here. The last date for applications is 10th July 2012 – Hurry!
You can also share any meaningful internship that you know and join the movement to build a Wikipedia of internships and win exciting prizes. Check out the FAQs Section for more details.
Logo image credit:- www.teachforindia.org
NOTE :- Employer has received good number of applications already and shortlisted the candidates. Hence we have closed this internship before deadline.