About the author: Jitendra Shukla, a final year MBA student at S.P. Jain College of Management, interned with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Lucknow in the field of Design.

Some days can never be forgotten. They teach you the lessons of life. I did my internship with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited; I still remember every bit of those two months. Those months changed my attitude of ‘Know it all’ to ‘A lot to learn’.

Since the day I stepped into the second year of my college in 2008, I planned to intern with HAL. There were two main reasons to opt for HAL. First, its office was in my hometown – Lucknow and second, my fascination with planes; though later, the myth was revealed and reality bit that as a trainee I was not even supposed to be on the shop floor. I applied for the internship in the mid of fourth semester of college. As my exams were scheduled in May, I had to plan my internship in scorching summers.

As there was less pain in my lonely and girlfriend less college life, god gave me more. I broke my leg because of some stupid reason in the middle of semester exams and had a hairline fracture in my toes including all the five fingers. Though I was slightly happy for I had an excuse to take papers for granted, the incident made me a bit sad as I was yet to pursue  the two months of internship for which I had planned so well. After the last exam I somehow traveled back home.

On June 5th 2008 my internship started. I was very excited to be in my first so called very less paid job despite a broken leg. As I entered the HAL office, people gave me the look which I had never experienced before. As if a lean soldier had walked into the war zone with a broken leg and could die any second. It was worse than I had expected. Nobody was expecting a limping intern in the hard core airship manufacturing company. Though I wanted to work on job shop as I thought I knew all about it and will do good there, they didn’t allow me because of my broken leg. I was not even allowed to visit the shop floor. Some of the officials even asked me to apply for the next year as injured people were not allowed in the company.

Somehow after begging for a few minutes, I managed to get a position in the SUKHOI design department which was a ‘Sit down and be quiet’ job. The first few days were very difficult as I was one of the youngest members and the only trainee in the department. People were not very used to see trainees in such a confidential and secure department. I was not expected to touch anything without permission. Also, I had this ‘know it all’ sign on my forehead which was making things worse. With time, as I learnt to learn from others, seniors started sharing their knowledge. I learnt a bit about Sukhoi and how its parts are designed with the help of different computer tools. Though I never thought of learning all this, I enjoyed it. Later I presented my report which turned out to be good enough and much appreciated by the Sukhoi design team.

Later, the training in HAL also helped me in my college placements. It transformed me into a more professional person than I was before interning. I won’t call my internship very successful as I never liked walking on one leg in such a huge campus of HAL but besides all that, I enjoyed my first experience of the professional world. I enjoyed the one rupee lunch HAL offered to its employees. I noticed the safety measures the organizations and its employees take which I had never considered before while fascinating about planes. In addition to all this, the two months taught me how to learn from unplanned events of life. I learnt to be patient and accept the things as they came by. And as the Oprah Winfrey has said, “Turn your wounds into wisdom”, I did it and had  a great experience.

Did you find Jitendra’s internship experience exhilarating? Well, apply to these cool internships on Internshala and be a part of an exciting journey yourself!

Editor ‘s note: Did you find this interesting? You too can get featured. Participate in Your Internship Story Contest 2012 and win prizes worth Rs. 50,000. Hurry – the competition ends on 31st August!

82 thoughts on “Summer Internship in Lucknow – Hindustan Aeronautics Limited – how to turn your wounds into wisdom

• October 3, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Hi Jitendra
    My brother is a very bright student of BTECH MECHANICAL at SRM Unniversity Chennai. He aspires to do a two months internship at HAL. Plz let me know if you can help us in anyways .. or may be enlighten us with the procedure to get internship at HAL.

Thanks & Regards
    Mona 9987394833

• November 11, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Sir , it was a very nice post
    Sir i am an undergraduate student pursuing my btech from Kiet ,gzb (uptu) in ece branch. Currently i am in 1st year and i hardly want to know what’s the correct time for doing internship as it as per my knowing increases the practical knowledge , makes you know how to work in industries + useful for having a nice CV . So can u plzz tell that what all are the companies which run their internship programme and what’s the procedure .

Thank youjavascript:Recaptcha.switch_type(‘image’);

• November 20, 2012 at 2:34 PM

i m pursuing B.Tech from RKGIT gzb in ec branch 3rd year and i want to do training from H. A.L
    what i should do for this

• December 9, 2012 at 9:21 PM

My brother wants to do internship in HAL.Can you please tell me how to apply for it.He is sudying 6th semester off 8 semesters.

• December 17, 2012 at 7:54 PM

respected madam/sir,
    I shakti singh the student of B. tech computer-science, 2nd yr from amity university, lucknow have a query regarding summer training.
    i want to do summer training from HAL . i would be grateful to you if u provide me information about this.
    Thankyou
    your sincerely
    shakti singh.

• February 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Respected Sir/Madam,
    I passed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from IASE Deemed University,Rajasthan in June2012
    Can i able to internship in HAL
    Please give me full details

Regards
    Ashutosh Sharma
    +919555418478

• February 15, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Respected sir/madam
    sir my name is lavkush kumar from lucknow. i am pursuing mba from iccmrt lucknow.
    sir i want to know about summer internship training.and i want to do summer internship training with finance from HAL in Lucknow. sir/madam suggest me what should i do.

• March 10, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I am a student of BPUT university from Orissa, and i wanted to seek internship in HAL. So I need a guide on how should I take approach for applying. Is there any criteria for applying and other important info. Thank You.

• April 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Respective sir/madam I am b.tech 3rd year(mechanical eng) student I want to complete my summer trg/mini project from HAL. so please tell me how I can apply for this? when the next batch will start? how long the time for this project? what is cost of this project training? what are the criteria for this project? these are my questions sir/madam please reply me. plesse give me your contact no.

• April 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM

sir
    I doing B.tech(mechanical eng) 3rd year from ICFAI UNIVERSITY Dehradun & i want do training in HAL for 6 month so please tell me how can i apply my email id is rk.theone3@gmail.com

• April 14, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Plzzz tell hw 2 contact in hal
    4 trainin

• April 22, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Hello sir
    I am doing MBA second sem from international institute of management research ah’bad. i want to do training in HAL for the 2 month. plz give me the all information about how can i apply for that. plz reply sir.

• May 1, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Hello sir,,
    I am doing MCA second sem from Amity University Lucknow.
    i want to do summer training in HAL for the 2 months..pls give me the all information about how can i apply for that…plz rply sir..

thanx

• May 13, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Jitendra sir, i m mechanical 3rd yr student, i want to do training in hal lucknow plz help me,nd tell me the procedure plz. contact no:08860317238

• May 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM

sir,
    i am pursuing b.tech in electronics. i have passed 2nd year. my current cgpa is 8.12
    i want to do intern ship in varanasi or in lucknow or in kanpur. Plz help me. i have only coming two months for this intern ship. feel free to contact me through my email id as soon as possible.
    hoping for your consideration.
    thankin you in anticipation.

monalisa

• November 15, 2013 at 7:30 PM

i am doing english honours from the rnglish and foreighn languages university. I am a B.A student. i would like to do an internship in summers for two months or so. Kindly contact me is there is any. Thank yu.

• November 15, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Ariba Hidayet Khan :
    i am doing english honours from The English and Foreighn Languages University. I am a B.A student. i would like to do an internship in summers for two months or so. Kindly contact me is there is any. Thank yu.

• December 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM

sir,i am 3rd semester student of mechanical engineering
    i want to summer training in may-june 2013

• December 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM

sir ,i am btech aeronautical 3rd year student ,i want to apply for internship ,how can i get interned at HAL?

• February 3, 2014 at 5:15 PM

i want to do summer training from in Hindustan aeronautics limited..plz give me any view…

• February 15, 2014 at 6:54 PM

respected sir/mam i m student of b.tech (ec) 5 th sem i want to industrial training in hindustan aeronautics limited i m from invertis universiry bareilly up i would be grateful to you if u provide me information about this.
    Thankyou
    your sincerely rajat jain

• February 15, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Sir,i m persuing my btech from SRM UNIVERSITY.. I am doing btech in ECE branch I am in 4th semester..i want to do internship in hindustan aeronautics limited ..i would be very greatful if you please could tell m,e how to apply..

• February 22, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Respected sir/mam I am student of EC-3(year) .I want to doing the summer training from HAL so please tell me how can I apply for this training.

thanks

Email-anoopshukla431@gmail.com

• March 4, 2014 at 5:57 PM

hello I am second semester MBA student. I want to apply for internship in HAL Lucknow so please tell me how I should apply got it and whom I should contact?

• March 4, 2014 at 9:44 PM

hello sir,
    this is aditi and i’m persuing my b.tech from srmscet, bareilly. i want to do my industrial training from HAL,lucknow.but i dont know the procedure to apply for it. can u please help me with this.
    your reply will be a great help.
    thanks
    aditi(9458704794)

• March 5, 2014 at 4:02 PM

i want to know that being a ec student in what fields will i be studying/working during internship.

• March 6, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Hi Shubham,

The field in which you want to do an internship depends on the field in which you would like to take a job. It could be core, finance, marketing, editorial etc.

All the internships in different fields that we have as of now are enlisted on our website. Here is the link: http://www.internshala.com.

Please go through different sections and see if you could find any relevant internship.
      All the best!

Many thanks,
      Team Internshala.
      LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887

• March 7, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Respected sir
    I’m B.Tech 3rd year(Mech.engg) student . I want to be get training in your company
    how can apply summer training process…..and which date apply the form of summer training

• March 13, 2014 at 2:27 AM

Dear Amit,

I am afraid currently we do not have any info regarding HAL internship programme. But there are many other openings that you may find interesting. Please refer to the following list: http://www.internshala.com/internships/engineering-internship.

Also, you may want to subscribe to Internshala- you’ll receive weekly alerts on all future internships. Subscription link: http://www.internshala.com/subscribe .

Many thanks,
    Team Internshala.
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

• January 22, 2015 at 1:56 PM

hi sir, I am M.B.A. 2nd sem.student of finance specialization from BANASTHALI UNIVERSITY and I want to get training in your company.so what will I do for 6 months internship.

• March 3, 2015 at 9:10 PM

sir,
    i want to say that i am the student of b. tech (ME) from desh bhagat university. sir i want to do my summer industrial training from HAL ( lucknow). how can i apply for this. please contact me about it.
    i shall be very thankfull to you.
    jitendra kumar pathak
    +917814988335

• March 20, 2015 at 4:41 PM

hi sir i akash singh mechanical 3rd year and i want know how to apply for summer taining please tell me about this

• June 7, 2015 at 3:15 PM

hello sir/mam. I am the student of B.tech 3rd year and I want to do an internship. plz give me the information how to apply for it along with schedule and fee structure.
    thank you.

• April 22, 2016 at 4:29 PM

Respected sir/madam
    sir my name is shiv sagar jaiswar from kanpur. i am pursuing b.tech mechanical branch 3rd from mahara inst. of profess. std kanpur.
    may i able to do internship in hal in lucknow
    plzz suggest me ….8858120042

• November 24, 2016 at 9:03 PM

Hello Sir,
    I am a student of b.tech second year from Aligarh Muslim University.I want to apply for summer internship for 2 months.So kindly reply me if i can get any opportunity.

• November 25, 2016 at 4:55 PM

Hi Bushra,

Thank you for your email. We plan our summer intern hiring in March, please reach out to us then if you are still looking for an opportunity to work with us at that point.

• November 25, 2016 at 11:09 PM

Hello Sir,

• January 4, 2017 at 6:03 PM

Tazeem Fatma

Hello Sir,
    I am a student of b.tech second year from Babu Banarsi Das National institute of technology and management.I want to apply for summer internship.So kindly reply me if i can get any opportunity.My branch is Computer Science.

• January 4, 2017 at 6:26 PM

Shashank Chaudhary

Hello Sir,
    I am a student of b.tech second year from IIT BHU.I want to apply for summer internship.So kindly reply me if i can get any opportunity.My branch is Chemical.

• January 4, 2017 at 6:29 PM

Bushra Khan

Hello Sir,
    I am a student of b.tech second year from Aligarh Muslim University.I want to apply for summer internship.So kindly reply me if i can get any opportunity.My branch is Computer Science.

• February 20, 2017 at 8:32 PM

Hello Sir,
    I am a student of b.tech third year branch EC from BBDNIIT.I want to apply for summer internship for 2 months.So kindly reply me if i can get any opportunity.

• March 23, 2017 at 6:15 PM

Hii Jitendra, I am a 2nd year student of of B.Tech ME nd I too live in Lucknow. I want to do the summer training after completing my second year. So, can you please tell me that how can I apply for training.

• May 2, 2017 at 5:41 PM

Dear Sir/Madam

My son is doing his 2nd year B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering. He wants to do a one month summer internship in June 2017 in HAL or Pawan Hans. Please guide us through the procedure for applying and taking it forward.

• May 6, 2017 at 11:57 AM

Respected Sir/Madam,
    I am in B-tech (III year) in Mechanical Engineering from MPUAT,Rajasthan
    Can i able to internship in HAL
    Please give me full details

Regards
    Suryakant kanwant
    +918094727778

• December 30, 2017 at 1:39 PM

Sir I am third year student of mechanical branch from SIET allahabad.
    I want summer internship for one month
    please provide me information for applying the internship summer training form.
    How can i do this???
    please give me information my email id vanchhitrawat162@gmail.com
    my whatsapp 7607726292

• January 25, 2018 at 2:31 PM

Hi Vanchhit,

Apologies for the delay in response.
      Please visit https://internshala.com/internships/mechanical-internship for all internships in mechanical engineering that are live on our platform. You may filter your search using options given on the left side of the page. In ‘Max. duration’, you can choose 1 month if you are looking for 1-month long internships.

Good luck!

Thanks~ Unnatti

• January 24, 2018 at 11:01 PM

can electrical and electronics student get intrenship at hal if so then please guide me through the procedure

• March 19, 2018 at 9:16 PM

What opportunity I can have when I do training with HAL in Lucknow. In currently I have scored 76% with 3rd 6th sem.Is HAL give job opportunities also as an employee. I have also done AUTOCADD & I’m learning solidworks&catia. Also what would u suggest me for my better future.
    Plz reply sir….if u can share ur no.or email than plz share me
    My whatsapp no. 8808899903

• April 21, 2018 at 11:19 AM

I’m pursuing MBA in logistics. Few days back I did volunteering in defexpo and got the golden opportunity to work under HAL company. I would like to do the internship also. My hometown is in Uttarpradesh (bulandshar) . I would like to work in Delhi. Can you give me the details, is it suitable to work in Delhi or Lucknow, Kanpur which one will be best?

• April 21, 2018 at 11:20 AM

Just wanted to do the internship for 2 months.

• June 9, 2019 at 11:14 AM

I want to do internship for HR
    I am MBA Student
    Can I do my internship there ?

• June 10, 2019 at 11:18 AM

Hi Tanya,

Thank you for writing in.

We do not have any current information regarding internships at Hindustan Aeronautics. Please visit their careers page for more information.

However, if you wish to apply to similar internships then you can register on Internshala here – http://bit.ly/new-registration. Once you’ve registered and logged into your account, you may click on the ‘Internships’ button on your dashboard to view all the internships available on the platform. You can filter internships according to your location and duration available.

Thanks :)