About Author: Aditya Pratap Singh is a B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) graduate from IIT-BHU. He interned with Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (MSIL) in Gurgaon.

After the 5th semester of my B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, I got a wonderful opportunity to intern with Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.(MSIL). MSIL Gurgaon plant is to a “mech savvy” what a shopping mall is to a shopping freak i.e. to say, you get all the items of all the brands under one roof. The 300 acres of MSIL plant situated in the heart of the city of Gurgaon encompasses manufacturing shops, paint shops, weld shops, casting shops, assembly lines, machine shops, quality control centres, R&D department and much more – all in the same campus. The icing on the cake was the fact that all these shops were highly automated. Such level of automation is very rare in India.

While strolling in the shops one has to be very careful because though the frantically running “line followers” in the assembly line will very humbly stop and let you pass if you obstruct their way, the overhanging robotic arms in the machine shops may not be so gracious and take you along with them (trust me, I mean it). The other aspect of the training is the industrial and production engineering part. MSIL religiously follows the numerous Japanese quality, quantity and talent management systems (JIT, KRA, Kaizen, TPS to name a few). During your training, you are overwhelmingly exposed to such practices.

The practical examples of all the theory that you have studied in your classrooms take your understanding to a new level. The projects assigned to the interns mostly deal with the management aspects of engineering. So, while the hardcore mechanical engineering, i.e. the highly automated shops stand naked in front of you, waiting to be explored, the project makes you acquainted with the control systems that make this monster (MSIL) work.

Since there is more to an internship than just the workplace, I’ll write about the “extra-workplace” aspects too. To start with, Gurgaon is a good place to live. There are numerous flats, PGs available in the vicinity of the plant to stay. There are malls, nice restaurants, bars, discos etc. The connectivity to New Delhi is very good (takes about 45 minutes to reach by Delhi Metro).

To conclude, interning with MSIL was an enriching experience for a mechanical/production engineering student, provided that you are willing to learn because your mentor may not be able to give you enough time. If you are not interested in doing anything, it’s an even better place. Just go to the plant at lunch time (caution: the food may not be referred to as good), have lunch, go to the CCD inside, have donuts and sandwiches, show your face to your mentor and leave. No one will bother.

If Aditya‘s internship experience motivates you, check out the latest internship in Gurgaon.

For more internships in the field of mechanical engineering, please visit here.

If you too have had any interesting internship experiences (in India or abroad) and would like to share it with all of us, please submit your entries here.

To apply for more of such awesome internships, register with us.

139 thoughts on “Internship in Gurgaon – Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. – enriching experience for a Mechanical engineering student

• October 21, 2012 at 11:47 AM

How to apply for iternship in your company?

• January 5, 2015 at 9:16 AM

how to apply in maruti suzuki gurgaon

• February 25, 2015 at 8:01 AM

I need training …

• February 27, 2015 at 1:21 PM

Hi Abhishek,

Please specify the type of training you want. We will be happy to help.

• March 29, 2017 at 10:17 PM

Sir/madam I wan to summer training in your company plz guide me…I am in 3rd year from MDU.

• November 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM

i am not able to find the author on facebook,could you help?

• November 20, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Sir how to apply internship for MSIL

• December 14, 2012 at 4:10 PM

ho can i apply for this ?

• January 14, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I am seeking information about summer internship…if you have information about that please infrom me…I am looking forward ..

• January 14, 2013 at 9:28 PM

sir i want to apply a internship how to apply it

• January 22, 2013 at 7:51 AM

sir please give me some information core compines for internship

• January 29, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Hello,do u provide internship in operations management in banglore. I am persuading pgdm second semester.

• February 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Sir,
    Is there any any program for training in india for B.tech(Mech.) Passout students. Sir, If you have any information then please tell me. Plz

Thanks & Regards

• March 13, 2013 at 11:01 AM

hello sir,

I m in 6th semester from mechanical department. My 6 month industrial training will held in 8th semester(jan-june, 2014). can i apply for internship in maruti suzuki for that training period. If yes then how. suggest me that web site of maruti in which i can direct apply.

thank u sir..

• April 11, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Sir
    I’m a sixth semester Mechanical student.
    What all projects can i do with MSIL as a summer intern?

• April 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM

sir i m Rupesh kumar i m student of MBA second year from sinhgad institute of management in pune .my Specialization is operation(manufacturing), i want to do internship in maruti suzuki. at gurgaon. please. tell me how to join dis.

• May 4, 2013 at 2:35 PM

i am mechnical 2nd year student i want to intership in maruti suzuki gurgaon plant how can i apply….

• June 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Sir, I doing MBA in First Year. I will do my Summer intenship in Maruthi & Suzuki. so please give me information. How to approach your organization superior.

• June 11, 2013 at 11:41 AM

i am afroj khan from bimt college near farukh nager gurgaon ( regarding for mba ) marketing

• June 14, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Sir!!I am student of mech.engg. 7th sem n i want todo 45days industrial training..so how can i apply in your organization n what about the fee structure if have?? plz response hurrily sir………

• July 22, 2013 at 4:10 PM

im looking for an internship in msil,how can i apply for it?

• August 18, 2013 at 12:19 AM

sir,im f mech 3rd sem,nd I am intrested in doing a 1 month summer internship at MSIL.so do u think is it apt in applying fr intrnshp aftr my 4th sem r shld I wait till da cmpletion f my 6th sem

• September 19, 2013 at 4:37 PM

i amautomobile4th year student i want to intership in maruti suzuki gurgaon plant how can i apply….
    Animesh verma

• September 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM

sir, i am doing b.tech from IIT Roorkee in production and industrial engineering.currently my third semester is going on and i want to do a intern at the end of second year i.e in this summer vacation.so kindly tell me some best suitable internship option asap…

• October 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM

hi i am mahesh from narnaulstudent of b.tech mechanical engg.7th sem
    i want six months training from your company
    so tell me the procedure

• December 7, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Hi sir …i m sam….i’m doing diploma inautomobile …i need training in automobile company…..can you just provide me the location and company in delhi….its 6sem about to start …plzzzz tell me …..

• December 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Sir
    I am b.tech student for mechanical engg for 8 th sem
    I want to 6 month trainig in maruti suzuki, ncr
    Plz so tel me that ..procedur..

• February 3, 2014 at 10:04 PM

SIR
    I am an MBA student and now looking forward for my training programme ..I am going to opt finance next year .Can u just help me out whats the way to get my best internship.??

• February 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM

I am a student of automotive design engineering (6th sem).
    I want to do intern in maruti plant (gurgaon), but I m not getting how to start.can any one help me with a procedure for the same.

• February 21, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Sir
    I want industrial training in maruti manesar from mechenical field so how can i apply

• March 2, 2014 at 6:02 PM

thanks

• March 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM

I m student of mechanical engineering.
    I want to apply your company for major training..
    how can i apply?

• March 14, 2014 at 10:20 PM

@mounika
    Respected sir/ma’am I want to training in your company, please except my request sir.

• March 20, 2014 at 9:18 PM

sir,i am doing b.tech 4th sem in mechanical engineering from NIT,JAMSHEDPUR. i am really passionate to do intern at Maruti Suzuki. please tell me the procedure to get intern at MSIL. i will be very thank full to you. contact details- abhishekgupta278278278@gmail.com or +919031815146

• March 23, 2014 at 4:48 PM

sir
    i am a btech mechanical $th semester student at kurushetra university. i want to do summer training and we are group of six students so sir kindly replly as soon as possible and help us.
    7206143835

• March 27, 2014 at 4:23 PM

sir,
    i am now in 4 th sem from mechanical branch .can i apply in your company ?

• March 30, 2014 at 9:02 PM

hello sir, i am pawan kumar singh i am pursuing b.tech in SDIET fbd….i am now in 4th sem and my stream is ME.so sir i requested u give me chance for training in your company……
    email id-pawanme606@gmail.com

• March 31, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Hello Sir, I am Jesse Kumar, 3rd year Mechanical Engineering student, from AP IIIT RGUKT. Sir, its my 6th Semister and its mandatory to me that i should have an industry working exprience of 6 to 8 weeks.
    So i want to intrenship from your company. Sir please accept my request and mail me your decision as soon as possible.

email id : je.chintu777@gmail.com
    mob. no. : 9848779767

• April 6, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Hi Sir, I am Amit singh, 3rd year mechanical engineering student. Sir, its my 6th Semester, I should have an industry training expiration of 4 to 6 weeks.
    So i want to internship from your company. Sir please accept my request and mail me your decision as soon as possible.

• April 6, 2014 at 8:41 PM

email id- amitchouhan018@gmail.com

• April 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM

hi i have completed in my 6 sem in mechanical branch in BE . i have to do in summer training in maruti suzaki so pls help me what i have to do >

• June 6, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Hi sir i subham gupta get wanna training in your compony plz considering me to allowed in the compony.

• June 10, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Sir how to apply internship in your company.

• July 12, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Sir I m polytechnic student n how to apply internship.

• July 14, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Sir I am polytechnic student in mechanical engineering but sir who can teach tha company summer tearing
    Sir plz guide me

• July 17, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Sir
    .. I am b.tech mechanical engineering final year student how is to apply in internship for maruti Suzuki India so pkg reply my email address and mobile no ,8947901799; ajeetkumargupta598@gmail.com

Thanks sir

• August 11, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Hi Arvind
        Currently we do not have any information regarding this internship.
        We recommend you to subscribe to Internshala for future updates.

• January 16, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Hi sir i m sachin bansal 4th year mechanical engineering student. Sir, its my 8th Semester, I should have an industry training expiration of 6 month

• January 17, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Hi Sachin,

Currently we do not have any information regarding this internship.

We recommend you to subscribe to Internshala (internshala.com/subscribe) for future updates.

• February 21, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Hey all, I am a student of mechanical engineering. I have just started recently my engineering. So i want to know about your experience in mechanical engineering. After complete my engineering i want internship in your company.

• March 3, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Hi Avanthika,

Currently we do not have any information regarding this internship.

• March 1, 2015 at 10:30 AM

Sir I want to say that I want to do 6week internship in Msil at Gurgaon because I am student of M.E 4th Sem and I require 6 week industrial training at the end of 4th Sem.please suggest me procedure for training.

• March 3, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Hi Pappu,

Currently we do not have any information regarding this internship.

• March 9, 2015 at 1:46 PM

I wanna internship with maruti suzuki .m 3rd year studend from rtu kota please suggest me procedure for training.

• March 10, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Hi Shubham,

Currently we do not have any information regarding this internship.

• March 20, 2015 at 1:03 AM

Sir
    I am b.tech student for mechanical engg for 6th sem
    I want to intrenship/training in maruti suzuki,

• April 18, 2015 at 5:14 PM

how can i apply in your company?
    i want to traning at automobile sector.

• May 6, 2015 at 1:56 AM

Hello Respected sir,
    I am Deepender Singh and currently i am persuing b.tech in mechanical engineering from c.t institute jalandhar, Punjab. I want 6 months industrial training in maruti suzuki, gurgaon. The training letter is issued by the colleg to me. Kindly tell me how can i get training in your industry? please can u guide me regarding this. My training is going to start from 25th May 2015 to 25th November 2015. I shall be very very thankful to you.
    You can email me regardinG this.

• June 4, 2015 at 4:42 PM

I am Persuing diploma in mechanical engineering…. Have just given exms of 6 the sem…. How do I apply for the form for training in Maruti plant either in gurgaon or Manesar… Delhi… Pl do help… N mail me on email with all details.. Pl do rply on my email… With a humble request to u….

• July 28, 2015 at 9:07 PM

I want to apply for six months training in maruti so want to know about the procedure???

• July 28, 2015 at 9:29 PM

Plz tell me sir as early as u can

• November 17, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Hello,
    I want to get internship in maruti suzuki.so what will be the procedure….. How can i get enrolled as a internship member

• December 22, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Sir, I doing MBA in second Year. I will do my Summer internship in Maruthi & Suzuki. so please give me information. How to approach your organization superior.

• January 22, 2016 at 2:50 PM

Sir I want to do summer training in maruti Suzuki
    what is the procedure to apply?
    Tell me soon please

• February 12, 2016 at 3:14 AM

Sir I need training in automobile engine specialist and design.please give me a chance.your’s faithful
    Md Afridi
    Mech. Engineering
    6th sem student
    azafridi25@gmail.com

• February 18, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Hello sir
    I m s student of mechanical engineering of third year. Sir I want to do internship in maruti suzuki so how can I apply.

• February 24, 2016 at 4:07 PM

i want an internship of 2 months in maruti suzuki gurgaon.

• March 17, 2016 at 10:20 AM

hello, sir

I m a student of diploma mechnical engineering 2nd year. I want to an internship with maruti suzuki gurgaon, so tell me how i can apply for this.

• March 26, 2016 at 9:16 AM

Hi,i want to do summer training in maruti suziki then what can i do.

• April 6, 2016 at 3:25 AM

I am a mechanical engg n pursueing mba in operations i want to do intership from pune only can you plz tell me the names or any thing of the companies where i can do my intership

• May 21, 2016 at 3:43 PM

Sir I want to industrial training and I am persueing diploma in mechanical engineering and I complete 2nd year and I want to 6 week industrial training please suggest me how to apply in your company my email- rajatbandooni@gmail.com

• January 18, 2017 at 6:42 PM

how to submit resume

• January 19, 2017 at 6:18 PM

Dear Md. Kausar,

Please check the career page of Maruti for all the details. We have already shared the link to submit the resume.

• February 21, 2017 at 9:40 PM

I need training ..so content me 8941912736

• March 27, 2017 at 5:46 PM

Hello sir I am ankur jajoria sir I summer training to Murti company in Gurgaon to training than sir contact

• April 22, 2017 at 10:47 PM

Sir, with due respect i want to say that ,i want to do summer tranning from maruti suzuki plant gurgaon for that i have to fill form but i dnt knoe the passkey please help??

• June 27, 2017 at 5:32 PM

Hi Anup,

Sincere apologies for the delay in response.
      For internships in Maruti Suzuki, you may submit your resume at this link –

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/submit-resume.aspx, make sure you mention in your resume that you’re applying for an internship.

Hope this helps.

• May 10, 2017 at 8:47 PM

Sir am mechanical student of mdu in 3 year , plz tell me procedure how to apply in maruti for training

• June 27, 2017 at 5:34 PM

Sincere apologies for the delay in response.
      For internships in Maruti Suzuki, you may submit your resume at this link –

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

• June 19, 2017 at 4:01 PM

Respected sir ,
    I’m KAPIL VISHWAKARMA , I’m student of B.TECH (Machnical Engineering) final year student form ,UDAIPUR (RAJASTHAN
    i want to summer training in your company for 45 days and give me certificate for 45 day. I want to learning experiences in your company and working with same experience members

• June 23, 2017 at 2:43 PM

How to apply for internship in maruti suzuki

• June 29, 2017 at 11:40 PM

Hello sir I am completing my 7 the sem btech in mechanical engineering and I would like to enroll in the summer internship program so I request you to tell all the required data and the link to which I should apply this .

• July 1, 2017 at 7:04 PM

Respected sir,
    I’m a mechanical engineering student &I have completed my 6th sem. as per our university i.e RGPV rule we have to take training for a month from specific and interested field and I am interested in automobile field. So kindly help me with this how can I apply for training in maruti suzuki.

• November 28, 2017 at 11:02 AM