Your chance to work with an organization that believes in and strives towards the motto – One day all students will attain an excellent education. If you have the brains of a technocrat and if your heart beats for a social cause, this internship is for you. The last date to apply is 5th October 2012 – hurry!
About Teach For India:- Teach For India (www.teachforindia.org), modeled on the lines of famous Teach for America movement, is a nationwide movement in pursuit of educational equity in India. Teach For India recruits exceptional college graduates and professionals to work as full time teachers in under-resourced schools for two years. Teach For India solicits leaders who will pilot the movement against educational inequity and begets the leaders of tomorrow. The Teach For India staff work relentlessly along with the Fellows to pioneer the movement.
About the internship:- The technology intern will assist the team’s efforts in creating its online platforms. S/he will play a vital role in development of software web solutions – from software requirement specification to implementation and delivery across all verticals at Teach For India.
- To study, research and propose technical studies for enhancing organizational efficiencies through the use of web and mobile technology.
- To assist the technology team in development of our proposed platforms
- To identify and implement the latest software technologies to give the best-in-class user interface experience for all Teach For India web tools. Example: Leverage Web 2.0 and HTML5 tools to provide an online collaboration tool for all Fellows, Staff and Alumni at Teach For India.
- To implement, test, maintain as well as enable post-maintenance enhancements of all web applications and databases of Teach For India.
Number of internships:- 2
Who can apply:- Any undergraduate/postgraduate technology student with following skill set may apply
- Excellent software and web-app development skills. Experience of entire software development life cycle.
b. Databases : MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle or MS Access
c. Platform Experience: Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac OS.
d. Cloud computing and web-hosting experience is preferred
- Strong critical thinking skills and an immense sense of possibility.
Location:- Mumbai, India
Duration:- 2 month
Start date:- ASAP
Stipend:- Rs. 2,000 per month
How to apply:- Do consider browsing through the tips section on Internshala if you need in writing a winning CV or cover letter. If all set, go ahead and apply here. The last date for applications is 5th October 2012 – Hurry!
You can also share any meaningful internship that you know and join the movement to build a Wikipedia of internships and win exciting prizes. Check out the FAQs Section for more details.
Logo image credit:- www.teachforindia.org