University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW), the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) are partnering to support the prestigious Khorana Program for Scholars named in honor of Dr. Har Gobind Khorana, who won the Noble Prize in 1968 for his work at the interface of Chemistry and Biology while a member of the UW faculty. The Khorana Program will provide opportunities to Indian students to undertake research at University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) and partner universities in Summer 2012 for a period of 10 weeks. The last date for applications is 30th November 2012 – hurry!
About Internship: – The Khorana Program is envisaged to: –
- Provide encouragement to young scholars to undertake R&D
- Enable students to carry out research at a premier University in the United States
- Transform research into societal benefits
- Build a seamless scientific community between India and the United States
Number of internships: – A total of 80 students would be selected for the program
Who can apply: – Any student who meets the following criteria is eligible to apply: –
– Must be pursuing a B.Tech, M.Tech, or M.Sc. courses in Biotechnology (including agricultural, health and biomedical sciences)
– Must be completing their degree program on or after May 2014
– Should have a have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 8.0 or higher (Percentage equivalent: 80% and higher).
Location: – University of Wisconsin Madison (UWM), USA
Duration: – 10 Weeks (mid May-end July 2013)
Stipend: – Stipend + Airfare + Accommodation would be provided with
How to apply: – Please refer to Khorana Program for Scholars Page for more info and application details. The last date to apply is 30th November 2012 – hurry!
Editor’s note: – Information above is my interpretation and paraphrasing of what I found on the shared link. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.