Internship with Khorana Program for Scholars – Biotechnology – USA

University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW), the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) are partnering to support the prestigious Khorana Program for Scholars named in honor of Dr. Har Gobind Khorana, who won the Noble Prize in 1968 for his work at the interface of Chemistry and Biology while a member of the UW faculty. The Khorana Program will provide opportunities to Indian students to undertake research at University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) and partner universities in Summer 2012 for a period of 10 weeks. The last date for applications is 30th November 2012 – hurry!

About Internship: – The Khorana Program is envisaged to: –

• Provide encouragement to young scholars to undertake R&D
  • Enable students to carry out research at a premier University in the United States
  • Transform research into societal benefits
  • Build a seamless scientific community between India and the United States

Number of internships: – A total of 80 students would be selected for the program

Who can apply: – Any student who meets the following criteria is eligible to apply: –

– Must be pursuing a B.Tech, M.Tech, or M.Sc. courses in Biotechnology (including agricultural, health and biomedical sciences)

–   Must be completing their degree program on or after May 2014

–  Should have a have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 8.0 or higher (Percentage equivalent: 80% and higher).

Location: – University of Wisconsin Madison (UWM), USA

Duration: – 10 Weeks (mid May-end July 2013)

Stipend: – Stipend + Airfare + Accommodation would be provided with

How to apply: – Please refer to Khorana Program for Scholars Page for more info and application details. The last date to apply is 30th November 2012 – hurry!

Editor’s note: – Information above is my interpretation and paraphrasing of what I found on the shared link. If you have any more specific information on this internship or have interned in this program before and would like to share your experience, please leave a comment.

You can also share any meaningful internship that you know of here and join the movement to build a Wikipedia of internships and win exciting prizes. Check out the FAQs Section for more details.

15 thoughts on “Internship with Khorana Program for Scholars – Biotechnology – USA

• November 27, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Sir plz help me 4 dis programme?
    I am confused with NOC and Recommend later..can u plz tell me that recomnd later attach with this form ya separtly mail by guide on administrator

• May 17, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Great information :)

• October 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Sir, any chance for those who have GPA less than 8.0???

• November 5, 2012 at 5:27 PM

sir, my daughter is in 3rd year biotech. when will application forms be downloadable for 2013 summer internship program?

• November 22, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Sir,
    I want to ensure whether it is necessary to mention the passport number in the application form because i have applied just before a month.

• November 26, 2012 at 12:37 AM

@Hindumathi
    Hi Hindumati – It has clearly been mentioned in the application form to mention the passport number. But since it’s been only a month for your passport application and you should get it before the program starts, that shouldn’t be a necessity. However, I think you should write in to an official and be clear about this this.

Thanks,
    LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3932887
    facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Internshala

• January 22, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Hello sir. i am basically doing my 6th semester in biotechnology. i want to do my internship in this summer 2013. when will the application form be out for summer internship 2013 programme? please kindly help me.

• June 27, 2017 at 2:35 AM

I m a kvpy fellow, can I still apply to this program, given that I previously inform kvpy association and ask for permit for that given duration of internship?

• June 28, 2017 at 4:04 PM

Hi Avanti,

Thank you for writing in. Currently, we do not have any detail regarding the fellowship. You may refer the above article for further details.

Thanks,

• July 21, 2018 at 10:28 PM

Hi I am a BSC biotechnology student and I will enter 3 rd semester this August so when should I apply for this programme.

• July 23, 2018 at 10:17 AM

Hi Deepika,

Thank you for writing in. Currently, we do not have any detail regarding the fellowship. You may refer the above article and visit their official scholar’s page for further details.

Thanks,