LAMP Fellowship 2012This is once in lifetime opportunity that one can ever dream of. Calling all the future makers of India to get as close as it can get perspective of policy making in India. An equivalent of Whitehouse interns program for Indian students, one of the most sought after Fellowship, Legislative Assistants for Members of Parliament (LAMP) is here. The last date to apply is 3rd March, 2013 – hurry!

About PRS Legislative Research: –PRS analyses legislation and provides non-partisan research inputs to Members of Parliament on legislative and policy issues.  In addition, it is the only organization to track and collate data on the functioning of legislatures and legislators in India. The PRS staff comprises a dedicated team of professionals with different areas of expertise including law, economics, political science, engineering and communication.

About Fellowship: – The Legislative Assistants for Members of Parliament (LAMP) Fellowship, an initiative conceptualised by PRS Legislative Research, targets exceptional young Indian citizens who are seeking opportunities to widen their understanding of the nature of politics and policy making in India. Each Legislative Assistant is assigned to an MP, to provide quality research support for their legislative and oversight duties. The LAMP Fellow will help MPs frame Parliamentary questions, raise issues, participate in parliamentary debates and speeches and help prepare for committee meetings.

Who can apply: –PRS seeks to engage with highly-motivated, bright young people for the LAMP Fellowship. Candidates from all backgrounds are welcome to apply. Applicants must meet the following criteria:

• Applicants must be no more than 25 years of age (born on or after January 01,1988)
  • Applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
  • LAMP Fellows are required to be based in Delhi for the entire duration of the Fellowship.
  • Only Indian citizens can apply.

Application Deadline: – 3rd March, 2013

Location: –Delhi, India

Duration: –June 2013 – May 2014 (~10 months depending on parliamentary schedule)

Stipend: – INR 15,000 / month along with an additional amount of a lump sum of Rs. 3,000 to cover any expenses (such as local conveyance, telephone calls, internet charges etc) incurred.

How to apply: –Please refer to LAMP 2013 page for more info, application details and to find out about previous fellows experience.

Editor’s note: – While it seems like an obviously relevant opportunity for political science, law and public policy students, I would think that for other streams students too (especially those with IAS dreams or political aspirations), this is a wonderful chance to get to know the system from inside. Imagine having this experience on your CV and the places it can take you to – Harvard, Stanford, McKinsey, you name it. The sky is (lower) limit :)

You can also share any meaningful internship that you know and join the movement to build a Wikipedia of internships and win exciting prizes. Check out the FAQs Section for more details.

Logo image credit: – http://www.lawctopus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/prs-legislative-research-internship.jpg

32 thoughts on “Fellowship with PRS Legislative Research – Legislative Assistants for Members of Parliaments (LAMP) – Delhi, India

• March 16, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Dear Sarvesh,

Thanks for this website, its surely a wealth of information for all internship seekers. I had one quick question on this particular internship at PRS Research for assistance for MP’s. I happened to visit the PRS website and it did say that the last date of submitting applications was March 1st. However, I notice that you mention March 20th. Have you been provided with more recent information from PRS on the deadlines? (I also happened to notice an earlier entry on the same internship also mentioned March 1st). Since this was more recent, I was wondering if there has been an update.

Grateful if you could confirm.

Thanks,
    Jnanesh

• March 16, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Thanks Jnanesh for your kind words :)

As per the PRS link (at the bottom of the post), the deadline now has been extended to 3rd April :) – check for yourself and apply fast!

Wish you all the luck.

• March 21, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I am third year student Aerospace Engineering, IIT Bombay.
    Internship duration mention here is June 2011 – May 2012 . But we could make it only during summer May 2011 to mid July. Is there any provision by which we could make it through for this Internship?

• March 26, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Thank a lot sir, I have submitted my CV and other information. I hope I will find my place there…. -Ganesh pol, Student of political science from Delhi University.

• March 26, 2011 at 8:42 PM

You are most welcome. Wish you all the best!

• January 16, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Is this a full time working internship?
    Rupsa

• February 5, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Iam a 2nd year economics (H) student. Can I apply for this internship.

• February 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Did you read the post completely? Because if you had, the answer would have been self evident.

• February 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM

i jst typd d question huriedly..aftr dat i went through all the details..thanks anyway..!!

• February 13, 2012 at 3:24 PM

just wanted to know whether I would require to submit my CV/references (if required) separately as your application form does not show a provision for the same…

Thanks!

• February 28, 2012 at 2:19 PM

i am 1st year student of MBA and i need to do internship 4 one month this summer. will u help me sir.

• March 14, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Respected Sir,
    I have a query related to eligibility criteria mentioned in the notification.
    As I belong to SC category so I would like to ask you the the thing is there any sort of age relaxation seeking to this matter. My date of birth 20/08/1985 and as per the notification’s eligibility criteria candidates born on or after 1987 are only eligible but there is no such intimation about the age relaxation in the notification.
    So, I request you you seek into this matter and clarify this criteria onto the website and in the notification also, so that the interested candidates like me from reserved category could not barred from such a golden opportunity.
    Kindly, seeking into this matter and let me know the thing as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards…
    Waiting for reply…

Boddapati Srinivasa Rao
    Research Scholar
    NIPER-Guwahati

• March 14, 2012 at 2:31 PM

thanking you sir or madam please replay

• January 21, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I am pursuing my Masters ( Ist year) from Indian Statistical Institute. Just wanted to know if its a full time internship or can even be pursued with studies?

• January 22, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I HAVE DINE MY B.A IN POLITICAL SCIENCE HONORS FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY IN 2012 NOW I AM DOING PG JOURNALISM FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY. I WANT BE A PART OF THIS INTERNSHIP. PLZ CONTACT ME..THANK YOU.

• January 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM

currently am persuing my BE(EEE). Is there any possibility for me to apply for this internship programme.

• January 28, 2013 at 7:52 PM

This is a very good initiative brought forward by who so ever( with due respect) . thank u for enlightening me with such immense information. I am sure this is going to help lost and confused souls like me focuss and follow the right track.

having social work as my background i am not sure if it is going to be positive and the duration of internship is too long for me.

• February 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM

hello sir, I am m.a. b.ed.in hindi. I just complete my m.a. but I am not good command in english.can I apply this job. plz…tell me.

• February 12, 2013 at 6:17 PM

hii sir!
    although im an engineer & also having a one yr of work -ex in an automotive MNC . but in my case its the age factor-i am 90 born. but im really kinda intrested. can i apply here ??

• February 16, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Sir,
    I am doing PGDM can I apply for that as my long term goal is to become the Member of Parliament.

• March 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Sir,
    Unfortunately I missed the opportunity. I got to know about the fellowship only a couple of days back. Is there any chance for the deadline to get extended? or Is there any opportunity to engage with PRS activities like a volunteer or something?

• March 8, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Hi Sundar , as you are so interested , try applying for this internship but please note that the students who have applied before deadline will be given preference. More Importantly , subsrcibe to Internshala so that you don’t miss out on any important internships