To be able to change the “system” one first needs to understand it inside out. For all the future change makers, dreamers and visionaries, CLRA is offering a unique opportunity for students to intern with parliamentarians and political party leaders, and contribute to the policy making process of the country. This internship program is available to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. Witness the action live, or even better, be the action!

About Centre for Legislative Research & Advocacy – CLRA (http://www.clraindia.org)  is an independent, not-for-profit, non-partisan initiative, which works to support and strengthen Parliament and legislatures so as to realise the values of democratic governance. Through research, advocacy, networking and other allied activities CLRA seeks to promote and reinforce the constitutionally assigned roles and functions of parliamentary institutions.

About Parliamentary Internship Program (PIP): – The selected candidates would be working with Members of Parliament (MPs) assisting them with following: –

1. Contribute to the office work of Members of Parliament, parliamentary party offices and other political party leaders in a variety of ways, from writing press releases and speeches, to organizing briefing notes and representing their MPs or party leaders at meetings and functions.
  2. Provide research and information support to the Parliamentarians and other Party Leaders as and when the need arises. This will help them participate in Parliamentary affairs, as they will have a more in depth understanding of the issues.
  3. Attended the Parliamentary sessions and organise meetings for MPs etc.

Before the internship programme begins, CLRA members will hold a couple of days orientation/brief programme to support students in making the transition towards becoming Parliamentary interns.

Who can apply: – Young, dynamic and talented students in the second or third year of her/his bachelors programme or at post-graduate level. A demonstrated knowledge of Indian politics and /or interest in the Parliamentary processes and procedures is desirable. The intern would have to be adaptable to the changing needs of the Parliamentarians and other political leaders.

Location: – Delhi, India

Duration: – 1 month (extendable)

Start Date: – As soon as possible. The applications are accepted round the year.

Stipend: – Unpaid. A certificate of excellence will be awarded to all participating students after successful completion of the internship programme.

How to apply: – Please ensure that your Internship CV adheres to these basic guidelines before hitting submit button. Interested candidates can send their CVs to clraindia@gmail.com or info@clraindia.org

Editor’s note: – This feels like an exciting opportunity for those wanting to make a career in Policy Making, Politics or Public Administration. In addition, this would be a great CV point for those looking for MBA/Higher education admissions in near future as life experiences like these are HUGELY valued by the admission committees and will help you differentiate yourself from other applicants. If anyone has interned in this program before and would like to share his/her experience – please leave a comment.

You can also look for similar exciting internships on Internshala.

Image logo credit: – http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0b/CLRA_Logo_thin_n_final_.jpg

38 thoughts on “Internship with Centre for Legislative Research & Advocacy– Parliamentary Internship Program – Delhi, India

• October 16, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Can you pls tell me for what duration of a year this internship is open?

• October 22, 2011 at 10:59 AM

My sense is that this internship is available round the year and the minimum duration that a student needs to commit is 1 month. Feel free to apply at the link given.

Hope this helps. You may also like Internshala on facebook and get regular updates on relevant internships.

Many thanks

• November 26, 2011 at 2:32 PM

can u plz tell what is the last date for applying to this?

• March 18, 2012 at 4:13 PM

C

• March 18, 2012 at 4:14 PM

can,those students who have passed thier 1st year but yet start their 2nd year apply?

• May 15, 2012 at 2:10 PM

is the internship still open. im interested and want to know more about it.

• June 13, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I lyk this kind of program-me..

• June 16, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Hey…is this internship also for mba students…i’ve completed my 1st year & right now looking forward for good summer training…also m from pure science background so just want to know what are my chances of being selected??…thanx…

• October 29, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Dear Internshala Team,

I have checked the CLRA website regarding ongoing Parliamentary Internship Program.
    I am an IAS aspirant & have just written my Mains paper.
    Unfortunately, I do not adhere to their “eligibility criteria”, but have somewhat acquired relevant groundwork needed for this program due to my preparation. They have also asked for…..”A demonstrated knowledge of Indian politics and /or interest in the Parliamentary processes and procedures is desirable”, which is the only silver lining to me.

Can I still apply???

Can you enlighten me. I desperately need this internship.
    Any help, guidance or advice is highly appreciated.

All the best to you all.

• October 30, 2012 at 12:46 AM

I am a graduate. So can I apply for this internship?

• November 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM

hi all,
    I have completed my graduation and working in an IT company. I have few questions in my mind reg. this..
    1. Am i eligible for this?
    2.If yes then What sort of skills my profile should have to enhance my chances?

• February 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Sir,
    I’m pursuing BBA.LLB,presently in 4th semester.
    and looking for such a good opportunity,
    Is this still available..??
    If so then
    1. how can In apply?
    2.what skills I should have to enhance my chances?

In need of your guidance.

• February 18, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Hey,
    I’m in my First Year, Bachelors of Art degree in Politics & Economics.
    I am really interested in this internship as all other places deem me as too young to be considered.
    Although i have a fair idea of how to write a CV and the information you have provided has helped, is there some specific format that needs to be followed?
    Are achievements like being the Head Girl something that should be added?
    Thanks.
    Regards,
    Vandita Morarka

• March 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Hi ,am Aparna , I applied for this internship in beginning of December 2012, but still haven’t got any sort of responses. Have anyone here actually secured the internship or got any sor of communication from them?

• April 12, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Hi

I had applied on the 5th of April and they offered me a position on the 12th of April asking me a preferable window of internship. So those of wondering whether to apply or not and whether it is a little too late, I suggest there’s no harm and since the applications are accepted on a rolling basis, you’ve got as good a chance as probably someone else.

• April 14, 2013 at 12:30 AM

hello,
    i’m a student of political science honors second year from north campus. i’m interested in the internship, but, i’m unfortunately i’m working and my working hours are from 2 to 10 p.m. I just wanted to confirm if i can try my luck?

• April 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Sir,
    I’m B.A.LLB 4th student
    and looking for such a great opportunity,
    So sir give me this opportunity …

Thanku
    Rajev Singh

• July 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM

ji student ne last mont apply kia tha.unhe selection ke bare me kab and kese pata lagega…

• October 9, 2013 at 3:08 AM

@Akshay Milap
    Wow! You got the internship. Can you share the experience of interning at Parliament. Also can you share your covering mail you had sent them. And what all did you attach with it. like resume, SOP, etc

• October 9, 2013 at 3:09 AM

@Akshay Milap

• March 10, 2014 at 8:16 PM

m doing masters in journalism and mass.comm from recognised university nd i also done internship in punjab vidhaan sabha chandigarh in PRO department and also done job in newspaper as a reporter now i want to do internship in CLRA….

• July 19, 2016 at 9:54 AM

Is this internship at CLRA available now?

• September 27, 2017 at 11:03 PM

Hello Sir..
    I have gone through the entire portal.. I have done my graduation in political science honors from Delhi University, I did my 2nd graduation from mangalore in BA LLB, and I have just completed my LLM in Public International Law.
    M very much interested to be a part of this internship… But just got stuck with an area that has been mentioned above about the demonstrated knowledge of Indian politics regarding which m nt very keen bout.. N that has made me to take a step back.. If you could please help me clear about this particular need.. I would be grateful.
    Thank u.