Internship at Dabur – Farheen from BIMTECH

Internship at Dabur

Why wait for opportunities to knock on your door, go, smash and make it yours. Farheen had marvelous experience while interning at Dabur. She was not a drop in the ocean but the entire ocean in a drop.

My hard work began right from the time of grabbing the golden opportunity of interning at Dabur India Ltd. as I was one of the two people out of 200 who applied for the same. It was not only an achievement but something that boosted my confidence to do wonderful work. The first thought I had was to take feedback regularly from my academic as well as industry mentor during the internship. I just wanted to do awesome work!

My internship story is an amalgam of everything, right from Delhi metro rides to the office coffee and the hang out places outside the office. On the first day of my work, I was a bit nervous, but my mentor gave me a week to settle in the office, to understand the culture and processes. I was selected in the HR department, 2nd floor of the tall 9-floor building, The next week I was sent for a market visit with an old sales officer in one of Delhi’s most popular markets. It was great how even an HR intern was sent for sales visit to understand the business of Dabur, as it is an FMCG firm.

I was given multiple projects and the rocket of my work was launched on a multi-platform! My major projects were: Employer branding for Dabur by leveraging social media, developing and designing an induction program for multi-tier entry level hiring in sales and marketing. In the first project, I managed the social media for Dabur for employer branding as well as assisted the HR department in finalizing the agency that would manage the social community for us. I was Dabur’s representative for the agency and followed them up for everything.

For the second project, I handled two different training programs, one for sales and one for marketing. As an HR intern, I was made to attend all the programs with the top management and was treated like an employee. I not only interacted with the management but also made friends with the trainees. My industry mentor and I had a good rapport as he was very young and an alumni of my brother’s college. We kept discussing his cute newly born daughter and his college days.

A person from the staff was also very helpful as he took advice from me for his daughter who had given her class 10th board exams. An alumni of my college was also in the HR department there. He was the one who gave me the feeling of being friends with your colleagues. We laughed over our teachers and funny places in our college and took Bournville and cafe coffee day break every now and then. My other two batch-mates who were in Dabur, as well as interns from other colleges, were my partners in taking breaks from work. I even witnessed an earthquake during my internship. The entire building was evacuated. It was a funny experience, though.

Apart from projects I was given a lot of more tasks of content development and presentations. But that was an advantage as I was exposed to many facets of HR. As a result of my work, my internship got extended by a month! I was paid 10K stipend per month. So my internship lasted for 3 months. I am fortunate to have got this opportunity as it was an experience of interacting with young as well as old people which will always help me as an HR. The internship is not just about working on a desk, it’s about doing crazy things and getting more than the desired result from it! I had an awesome experience at Dabur!

If Farheen’s experience motivates you, you can check the latest internships in Ghaziabad and latest HR internships.

Editor’s note- Have you got an internship story to share? A chance to win cool Internshala T and other cash prizes by participating in Your Internship Story contest.

24 thoughts on “Internship at Dabur – Farheen from BIMTECH

• August 24, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Hi
    I have completed B.com from du, vivekananda college. I want to do internship in finance program with dabur. whats the procedure how i can apply?

• March 19, 2017 at 8:03 PM

hello, i m currently persuing btech in biotechnology and wants to do summer training in dabur related to food and quality control. so how to apply for it?

• May 22, 2017 at 9:17 PM

Hi, can I intern at Dabur for 1 month? I am doing my MBA and i am in my final year. Our college offers Live Projects for One month. Is it possible to do internship ?

• July 27, 2017 at 10:21 AM

Is there is training in vishakapatanam for supervisor fresher post by the company

• January 2, 2018 at 10:43 PM

Hello
    I am shikha Upadhyay, completing my b.tech biotechnology last year want to get internship from the dabur
    Waiting for your positive response

• January 5, 2018 at 10:25 AM

hello
    I am doing my Msc in chemistry , can i get a internship in dabut ..
    waiting for your response …
    tahnks

• January 6, 2020 at 11:52 PM

Respected sir,

My name is Rishav Gupta student of M.Sc.Microbiology 3rd Semester studying in ITM University Gwalior , beg to say that i am very much interested to do six month dissertation at your industry.It will be honour for me if you provide me this opportunity.Hope positive response from your side.

Rishav Gupta

• January 19, 2018 at 10:52 AM

Hello Sir/Madam,
    Currently I’m doing masters in biotechnology from Mount Carmel College Autonomous, Bangalore. As per the course credits and to learn qualitative analysis skills from your prestigious company , I would like to ask all the details on how to proceed further.
    Thanking You,
    shikha Jain
    student, MSc Biotechnology

• February 13, 2018 at 10:05 AM

I want to do my internship with Dabur within the field of marketing.so that i want to apply can you please sent the procedure how to apply.

• April 13, 2018 at 3:34 PM

hi, I am doing B.tech( Food Technology) , i want to do internship in dabur. please confirm procedure for the same.

• April 30, 2018 at 9:40 PM

Hello Sir/Madam,
    Currently I’m pursuing masters of business adminstration from Department of management studies bhimtal (kumaun university nainital). As per the course curriculum and to learn qualitative analysis skills from your prestigious company , I would like to do internship . please tell me the procedure of same.
    Thanking You,
    Rakesh kumar mandal
    student, MBA

• May 5, 2018 at 11:24 PM

Hello Sir/Ma’am,
    I’m 2nd year B-Tech computer science engineering student.
    Does Dabur provides training in IoT, JAVA or Python Programming?

• May 7, 2018 at 3:52 PM

Hi Sunidhi,

We do not have any information regarding this. Also, Dabur is not a trainings platform. You may look for internships in Dabur on their official careers page.

You can also look for computer science internships on Internshala here – http://bit.ly/comp_sci. You can apply to the ones that suit your interest.

Thanks~ Unnatti

• November 22, 2018 at 9:18 PM

Hy..!! I’m diksha.. I’m pursuing bsc in food tech 2 year..i want to do my summer internship in dabar…pls help me out and how should i apply..???

• November 26, 2018 at 2:34 AM

Hi Diksha,

I am afraid, we do not have any internship at Dabar available on our platform. For information related to this, please visit their official career page. However, in case you are looking for internships, please register on Internshala here – http://bit.ly/new-registration. Once you’ve registered and logged into your account, you may click on the ‘Internships’ button on your dashboard to view all the internships available on the platform. You can filter internships according to your preference.

Thanks~ Ankit

• February 20, 2020 at 9:56 AM

Hey …I am pursuing bachelor biotechnology 2nd year …..is dabour provided internship for student like me