How to get an internship in Cognizant

How to get an internship in CognizantFounded in 1994 and headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey, Cognizant is one of the world’s most admired IT services company. An internship at Cognizant is valued by college students all over the world.

Who are eligible to apply?
Undergraduate and postgraduate students of computer science, IT, electronics and related engineering fields can apply for Cognizant internship 2017. Students pursuing MBA can apply for Cognizant Business Consulting (CBC) summer internships and there are many internships for MCA students in Cognizant too.

How to apply?
Interested students can apply for Cognizant Technology Solutions internships and Cognizant MBA internships through following ways:
1. Online Application:
You can check the company website and apply for available internships.

2. Through a referral:
If you know someone who works at Cognizant, ask her to provide you a referral. You can even find Cognizant employees through LinkedIn for this.

3. Mailing the HR executive:
Find a previous/current Cognizant intern/employee and ask her for the HR’s email address. Mail the HR directly, clearly stating your purpose with a strong cover letter and resume.

4. Campus recruitment:
Cognizant visits selected colleges for hiring interns. Get in touch with your college placement coordinator for arranging a campus visit.

What after applying?
After getting the referral or after applying online, the hiring team goes through your profile and if you are shortlisted, you will receive an email from the HR department for an online test. During campus recruitment, the initial screening is done mostly on the basis of your resume and CGPA. For MBA students, many times, an online video with questions like What are your strengths and weaknesses, which have to be answered in one minute, is used as an elimination round.

The assessment test has three sections – general aptitude, logical reasoning, and verbal communication. Normally, 55 questions are asked which are to be solved in 55 minutes. The test is relatively easy but one needs to clear all the three sections.

This is followed by a series of face-to-face interviews which are divided into two types – technical and HR rounds. In the technical interview, a panel of interviewers analyzes your technical and behavioral skills. Some sample questions are:
• Make four equilateral triangles using 6 matchsticks
• Explain run time mapping between pages and frames
• How a biased coin can be turned into unbiased
• Difference between 8085 and 8086 microprocessor
• Questions related to theory of normalization and its practical applications
• Find the sum of all the boundary nodes of a given binary tree
• Questions on technical aspects of your past projects – any difficulties that you might have faced and how you overcame them

This is followed by HR interview which consists of basic questions like:
• Tell me something about yourself
• Why should you be hired for this role? What value will you add to the Cognizant brand?
• Questions on your previous internships or project experiences and what you learned about teamwork
• Questions about your participation in co-curricular activities
• What do you want to do in future that you haven’t attempted yet?

Once the Cognizant summer internship starts, interns are assigned to specific teams and mentors. An induction program is conducted with some ice-breaking sessions to ease the nerves of the anxious interns. Cognizant gives a stipend of 25-30K/month to interns. It also hires some interns specifically for work-from-home internships where the intern is required to visit the office only once or twice a month.

Words of advice from ex-interns:
Well-structured mentorship process: Mentors and buddies guide your performance and interests from day 1 and make sure that your transition to the corporate world is smooth. You are given full ownership of the projects and encouraged to think out of the box.
Warm and fun work culture: You are supposed to work hard and party harder. Month end stress busters are given as much importance as client deliverables. You are also encouraged to share your feedback with your mentors and seniors.

A couple of pro-tips:
• Speed is important for assessment tests. Don’t spend more than 1-1.5 minutes on a question; if you don’t know the answer, leave it.
• During interviews, many questions are asked on the topics mentioned on your resume like skills, previous projects, known languages etc. Make sure that you are well acquainted with every single word written on your resume; don’t write anything just to show off.
Resources: For clearing the assessment test, you can refer to this Q&A site and R.S. Aggarwal Quantitative Aptitude book. For technical interviews, practice a lot of these programming quizzes.

Is software industry or business consulting your calling? Check out these cool computer science internships and MBA internships and register here to take the first step towards your dream career. If you have done an internship at Cognizant, we would love to hear; please comment below.

46 thoughts on “How to get an internship in Cognizant

• February 5, 2017 at 6:49 PM

I am currently in b-tech 3rd from cse and want to summer internship in cognizant ….

• February 6, 2017 at 11:59 PM

I am in final year pursing b. Tech in electronic and Communication Engineering.
      How can I apply for the job in cozi

• February 8, 2017 at 10:25 AM

Hi Yashpal,

Please follow the instructions given under the ‘How to apply’ section to apply to internship a cognizant.

Thanks,

• February 8, 2017 at 10:07 AM

HI Namit,

Thanks,

• February 7, 2017 at 4:34 PM

I am persuin MBA 2nd year how can I apply for intern

• February 26, 2017 at 9:29 PM

I am currently in btech 1st year
    Can I apply for internships

• March 3, 2017 at 12:46 PM

Hi Neelakshi,

Thank you for writing in. Yes, you are eligible. Please refer the above article for any other details regarding the internship in Cognizant

• March 13, 2017 at 12:58 AM

I m 3rd year student of iit kanpur. my branch is aerospace. how can I get summer internship at cognizant.

• April 24, 2017 at 10:07 PM

Hi Manan,

• April 6, 2017 at 8:36 PM

hi this is harshitha frm kdp i am studying bba .
    can apply for internship in hr department in summer

• April 10, 2017 at 10:38 AM

Hi Harshitha,

• April 23, 2017 at 1:13 PM

I am currently in btech 2 year ,my branch is IT .How can I get an internship in cognizant

• April 10, 2017 at 1:40 PM

hi this is shruthi from mp, presently i am pursuing mca 2nd year
    can I apply for intern for this summer..?

• April 24, 2017 at 10:07 PM

Hi Shruthi,

• May 17, 2017 at 10:21 PM

I am a 2nd year student will i get internship opprtunity

• August 11, 2017 at 4:05 PM

Hi
    This is Samreen Jahan. I’ve done with B.tech and at present I’m pursuing M.tech 1st year in the stream of Embedded systems.
    Now I’m planning to take internship at cognizant.
    If I’m eligible for internship please revert back to me.

Thanks &Regards
    Samreen Jahan.

• December 6, 2017 at 5:52 PM

Hi its me sandhiya I’m doing my 2yr bsc .cs in cbe … I want to atten internship nd wanna know about testing …. Can I atten ????

• December 6, 2017 at 5:57 PM

Hi it’s me varsha I’m doing my 2yr cs in cbe … I wanna atten internship in cts… Wanna know about testing… Can I atten ???

• January 29, 2018 at 11:12 PM

Respected sir , I m Gautam ,Currently i m pursuing PGDM course …i completed my B.Tech in 2016 and also i have an experience of 11 months in Wipro.Ltd … basically i m looking for internship .So will be there any opportunity for internship in cognizant

• February 1, 2018 at 10:54 AM

Hi Gautam,

Thanks for writing in. We do not have any information about internships at Cognizant. You can visit their official career page – https://www.cognizant.com/careers for details.

Thanks~ Unnatti

• February 1, 2018 at 1:51 PM

Still I’m in b-tech 3rd year . I seriously want a summer internship in cognizant.

• February 1, 2018 at 5:53 PM

Hi Shreya,

Thanks~ Unnatti

• February 1, 2018 at 1:53 PM

I’m in b-tech 3 year . Seriously interested in summer internship in cognizant .

• March 11, 2018 at 5:53 PM

I’m currently in 6th Sem of Information technology…can I eligible to apply for a summer internship

• March 12, 2018 at 11:30 AM

I’m a btech graduate pursuing 2nd year IT. Can I have any internships for our branch? If any how can I apply it to them?

• June 24, 2018 at 12:36 PM

Iam a final year Mca student.i would like to do internship in MCA

• June 25, 2018 at 10:50 AM

Hi Anjali,

Please register on Internshala here – http://bit.ly/new-registration. Once you’ve registered and logged into your account, you may click on the ‘internships’ button given on your dashboard and select ‘computer science’ from the ‘Category’ option given on the left side of the internships page to view all relevant internships.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Thanks~ Unnatti

• July 16, 2018 at 6:05 PM

Hello,
    This is Shweta Panchal.
    I’m a MBA 3rd sem. student. I have done my Graduation with BCA.I would like to do internship in cognizant.

• July 17, 2018 at 10:14 AM

Hi Shweta,

Please refer to the above article to understand the eligibility criteria and application procedure at Cognizant. For further details, please visit their official careers page.

You may also look for MBA internships available on Internshala by registering here – http://bit.ly/new-registration (it’s free).

Thanks~ Unnatti

• July 20, 2018 at 9:30 AM

Hello Madam/Sir,
    Iam pursuing MCA, I would like to do internship in CTS.What are the formalities to apply for internship

• July 20, 2018 at 10:09 AM

Hi Midhuna,

We do not have any information regarding internships at Cognizant. Please visit their official careers page for details.

You may also look for computer science internships on Internshala by registering here – http://bit.ly/new-registration.

Thanks~ Unnatti

• August 26, 2018 at 9:23 PM

I am a third year law student and I would like to undergo an internship program with the legal department of Cognizant. Is there any possibility for a law internship? If so, please provide me the requisite details.

• August 28, 2018 at 10:20 AM

Hi Nehal,

Currently, we do not have any information regarding internships at Cognizant. Please visit their official careers page for details.

You may also look for law/legal internships on Internshala by registering here – http://bit.ly/new-registration.

Thanks~ Unnatti

• November 22, 2018 at 9:55 PM

Hi.. I’m Dhanalakshmi, currently persuing PGPM in Finance in IBS mumbai, can I look for the internship at Cognizant- Pune..?

• November 26, 2018 at 2:38 AM

Hi Dhanalakshmi,

Thank you for writing in.

I am afraid, we do not have any internship at Cognizant available on our platform. For information related to this, please visit their official career page. However, in case you are looking for internships, please register on Internshala here – http://bit.ly/new-registration. Once you’ve registered and logged into your account, you may click on the ‘Internships’ button on your dashboard to view all the internships available on the platform. You can filter internships according to your preference. If you want to pursue an internship in finance, you may select ‘Finance’ from the ‘Category’ option given on the left side of the page.

Thanks~ Ankit

• March 12, 2019 at 4:50 PM

Awesome post! Thanks for updating.

• May 8, 2019 at 2:35 PM

I am appearing forth semester examination in MCA. I am staying in Bangalore. I would like to inform you that I want Internship(compulsory from our university in Sixth Semester) study for MCA from Cognizent. I want a scope from your end.

Regards,

Shreya Banerjee

• May 8, 2019 at 3:39 PM

Does Cognizant provide any internship program for law students?

• May 9, 2019 at 3:25 PM

Hi Smaraki,

Thank you for writing in.

We do not have any current information regarding law internships at Cognizant. Please visit their careers page for more information.

However, you can also apply for similar internships with different organisations by registering on Internshala here – http://bit.ly/new-registration. Once you’ve registered and logged into your account, you may click on the ‘Internships’ button on your dashboard to view all the internships available on the platform. You can filter internships according to your location and duration available.

• May 9, 2019 at 1:17 PM

Hi, I am Drishti Khatri.I have graduated in BCa.Currently studying in MBA.Completd 1st year . Pursuing 2nd year . I want internship in Human Resources (HR).Can i get internship in cognizant-Pune

• May 9, 2019 at 3:12 PM

Hi Drishti,

Currently, we do not have any active internship at Cognizant on our platform. Please visit their official careers page for more details.

However, in case you wish to pursue an internship in a different organisation then you could register on Internshala here – http://bit.ly/new-registration. Once you have registered, you may browse all the internships available on our platform here – http://bit.ly/internship_is. You can filter internships according to your location and duration available on the left side of the page.

Thanks :)