Take a minute and thank Google SEO for directing you to this article when you were on a lookout for an internship at Paytm. Paytm is an e-payment and e-commerce brand of parent company One97 Communications. While we were stupefied at the news of demonetisation and struggled to buy food items and pay the cab fare, ‘Paytm Karo’ emerged as the anthem of the nation. In their movement towards a cashless India, Paytm started hiring interns not so long ago across their offices in Noida, Gurugram, Bangalore, and Delhi.
What are the types of internships at Paytm and who are eligible to apply?
Paytm invites engineering, graphic design, and MBA students to be a part of the revolution to make instant digital payments. Students can apply for Paytm internships in tech, product, design, and management areas. These internships usually last 15-26 weeks. The stipend amount may vary for different positions (and as per your negotiation ability).
Two major technical profiles offering internships are:
2. Backend engineering – Strong knowledge of advanced Java, Node.js, MySQL/NoSQL, algorithms, and data structures will be the requisite.
How to apply?
To find a career opportunity at Paytm, students can take a dip in the pool through the following ways.
1. Apply Online – Paytm Careers
Apply through Paytm’s official careers page.
2. Referral – Connect with employees at Paytm via LinkedIn or Facebook and request them to refer you for an internship. This will get you past the initial resume screening process.
3. Mailing the HR – Mail the HR managers at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org stating how you intend to contribute in improving their customer experience (include your portfolio if you’re applying for a design internship). You can also drop them an email at email@example.com.
4. Campus recruitment – Paytm hires interns from select few colleges such as IITs, IIMs, BITS Pilani, NITs, XLRI Jamshedpur, FMS Delhi, and ISB Hyderabad.
5. Code Jam – Paytm Code Jam may give you an opportunity to work with the Paytm team. All you need to do is serve a crisp code, sauteed with technology, logic, and speed, and sprinkled with innovation.
What after applying?
After the initial resume screening, the HR contacts the shortlisted students. The Paytm recruitment process involves an online written test usually followed by 3 sets of interviews – first two being technical and the third one being the HR.
For the product profile (which is considered to be a lifestyle at Paytm) and the technical profile, the online test includes questions related to basic aptitude and fundamentals of computer science along with a few programming questions.
First technical interview:
1. What is the significance of method overloading?
2. Given a large binary tree, how would you transfer the tree over the network from system A to B?
3. What are the different architectures we can use for user session management, discussion on client-side session management, and server-side session management?
4. What is a ‘null pointer assignment’ error?
Second technical interview:
1. Given an array of numbers, arrange it in the form of a single number such that the concluded number is maximum.
2. Write SQL queries for Self Join and Inner Join.
3. Given a set of coins and amount, write an algorithm to find out the number of ways in which we can make the change of the amount using the coins given?
In Paytm’s HR interviews, they ask a few behavioural questions such as
1. What challenges are you facing currently and how are you dealing with them?
2. What do you know about our competitors?
3. What are your biggest regrets and achievements so far?
What to expect once internship starts?
Get ready to work in Paytm’s fabulously designed office. Their Noida office has walls decorated with images of Steve Jobs, Bob Dylan, and The Beatles. The glass walls are adorned with messages like ‘Go big or go home’ and ‘We are valued for speed and speed only’. While at Paytm, brace yourself for tons of work and a lot of team outings. Mischief managed!
A couple of pro-tips:
1. If you’re hungry for learning, Paytm will save you from starving by offering you opportunities to build innovative solutions.
3. You need to have an incredible combination of passion and skill to find a place at Paytm. The hiring team believes that if you’re passionate and not skilled, it’s just a hobby for you. So, pick up the required skills.
Now that you have an insight into Paytm’s hiring process, apply for summer internships in Paytm. If you are looking for similar product management and programming internships, you can register on Internshala.