Take a minute and thank Google SEO for redirecting you to this article while you were on a lookout for internships at Jio. An LTE mobile network operator, Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, or Jio, is a subsidiary of Reliance Industries. ThisÂ telecom company which revolutionized the industry services andÂ made it possible forÂ couples to talkÂ for hours without worrying about the phone bill is headquartered in Mumbai. It provides wireless 4G LTE service across all 22 telecom circles in India.
What are the types of internships at Jio and who are eligible to apply?
Jio offers internships across various profiles such as marketing and branding, engineering and technology, operations, customer services, and human resources for a span of 2-6 months. The stipend generally varies from 10 to 20K depending on the profile. Students studying engineering, MBA, BBA, finance, and law can apply to the various Reliance Jio internships.
The students who are hired for marketing and branding profiles are placed in Jio Studios, which is the marketing and content wing of Reliance Jio, located at Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai. This department specializes in marketing, branding, advertising, celebrity content management, etc. As a marketing and branding intern, you’ll work on marketing campaigns of Jio products as well as those of other big brands.
How to apply to an internship at Jio?
1. Applying online – Reliance Jio careers
Create your candidate profile on Jioâ€™s career portal and upload your updated resume.
2. Mailing the HR executive – You can directly send a resume withÂ a cover letter to the HR, emphasizing your career objective statements, academic performance, and extracurricular activities in reverse chronological order. Secret tip: Send a video resume; it might give you an edge in the screening.
3. Applying via a referral – You can connect with a Jio employee on LinkedIn or Facebook and request herÂ to refer you. This will get you past the initial resume screening process.
4. Campus Recruitment – Jio hires interns from select few colleges like IITs, NITs, IIMs, XLRI, and Prince L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management.
What after applying?
After reviewing your resume, if deemed fit, a telephonic conversation will be scheduled, explaining the role in detail. The Reliance Jio recruitment process involves three stages. The first is the Jio aptitude test wherein youâ€™ll be evaluated on basic reasoning and some technical questions related to the job profile. Next up are two rounds of interviews. After the interviews, your feedback will be compiled and discussed with the senior management prior the final selection.Â
Reliance Jio interviews are done in two phases- the first to evaluate your ability to perform a task and the second to understand your approach to solve a problem.
Being one of India’s largest LTE network operator, Jio hires majorly in the engineering domain. Some of the questions asked in their technical interviews are:
1. What is the architecture of 4G?
2. What is the call flow in GSM?
3. What are the spectrum and data rate of 4G?
4. What are the different types of interrupts in 8085?Â
5. What are the advantages of broadband over baseband?
1. Describe yourself in three words.
2. Tell us about the projects you’ve mentioned in your resume.
3. What all do you know about Reliance Industries?
4. What were your learnings from your previous internships?
5. Why should we hire youÂ over other candidates?
For further details on their hiring process, you can visit Jio’s official website.
What to expect once your Reliance Jio internship starts?
Mostly, interns are placed at the Mumbai office of Jio. For the first week, youâ€™ll be given an accommodation in a hotel. After this, youâ€™ll move to Reliance guest house.Â The office hoursÂ are 9:30 am – 6:30 pm, five days a week. Along with your own cubicle and a laptop, youâ€™ll have access to the gym facility! And for the lazy days, there are Table Tennis and Carrom! At Jio, you have a lot of freedom to select your project and apart from the project assigned to you, you can assist the team with other projects if interested. Jio displays a fine example of learning-by-doing by giving the interns responsibilities that enable hands-on experiences. If youÂ performÂ extremely well during your internship, you might as well get offered a pre-placement offer.
Word of advice from ex-interns at Jio:
1. The mentors are friendly and approachable. InternshipÂ at Jio offers more comfort and less pressure.
2. Be patient and open to learning so that youÂ understand the workplace and imbibe its culture.
3. Teamwork is the most essential cultural tenet at Jio and is considered extremely vital for the growth of the company.
Couple of tips from hiring managers at Jio:
1. The first thing they look for in a candidate is her intention to work at Jio. So, be specific when you tell them why you want to intern at Jio.
2. A cover letter is of utmost importance while applying to Jio. It saves the HR the effort of reading a lengthy resume and reflects on your comprehension skills.
3. Regardless of the position you are applying for, you should have a working knowledge of Excel (Pivot, VLookUp, and Data Sort) and PowerPoint along with good communication skills and an openness to learn.
4. Shrishti Sinha, the HR Business Partner at Jio, says that language is not a barrier during interviews at Jio. If you arenâ€™t proficient in English, talk in Hindi – what matters is articulating your thoughts clearly.
Now that you have a clear view of Reliance Jio’s hiring process, apply for summer internships to explore a career in Jio. For similar programming and marketing internships, register on Internshala and start applying!
Picture credits: indianexpress.com