Myntra is a premier platform for over 2000 leading fashion brands. Owned by Flipkart, it’s India’s largest e-commerce store for fashion and lifestyle products. This one-stop shop for all your fashion needs will turn into your favourite place to intern at once you know how vibrant and cool their office and work culture is!
What are the types of internships at Myntra and who is eligible?
To ensure a hassle-free and enjoyable shopping experience across the nation, Myntra, India, hires super interns across a variety of profiles such as finance, design, software development, and management for a duration of 1-6 months. Students pursuing B.Tech can apply to internships in development (web and app), UI/UX design, and data analytics. MBA students can go for operations, sales, and marketing internships, and fashion design students can look for opportunities in sourcing and merchandising. Apart from these, graduates can also apply for internships in customer service. The stipend varies for different profiles, ranging from INR 10,000 to 20,000.
How to apply?
1. Emailing the resume – Myntra doesn’t hire interns through its careers portal. Those wishing to intern at Myntra are required to forward their resumes to email@example.com. The team will review the same and contact you based on their requirement.
2. Internshala – Myntra posts its intern requirements on Internshala as and when the need arises.
3. Referral – The easiest way to get an internship in Myntra is via a referral. You can connect with employees over LinkedIn or Facebook and request them to refer you.
4. Campus recruitments – The select few colleges that Myntra hires from are BITS Pilani, Manipal Institute of Technology, NIFT, IIMs, IITs, etc.
What after applying?
The Myntra hiring process goes like this: Resume screening → Online test → Technical interview → HR interview.
The online test, done on the HackerRank platform, comprises MCQs based on basic quantitative aptitude and computer fundamentals such as Java, C, operating systems, and data structure and 2 coding questions.
Some of the questions asked in the technical round are –
1. What happens when you type a URL into a browser?
2. What is indexing? What data structures are used for indexing?
3. Find the kth largest element in the array.
4. Reverse a linked list.
5. Given a string with HTML tag somewhere in it, remove the substrings present within <>.
More than the code, they are interested in the logic that you use to solve the problem statement.
If you’re applying to a data science role, brush up SQL, Python, and data structures and algorithms concepts. If you’re an MBA student applying for operations, sales, or marketing profile, you’ll be asked in and out about Myntra. Don’t forget to keep abreast of the ongoing trends in the e-commerce sector since you’d be asked for your perspectives on them.
Myntra’s HR interview questions are pretty similar for all profiles. They usually involve discussions on your projects and previous internship experiences if any. The HR managers are keen on knowing your interests and the values that you would bring to Myntra. Apart from the specific questions about your experiences, you would be asked the following questions.
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What can you bring to the table for Myntra?
3. Why are you choosing this particular role?
4. What do you think of the office after your first visit here?
5. What are your long-term and short-term goals?
What to expect once your Myntra career begins?
Grabbed an internship at Myntra? Now, get ready to be bewitched by the closest look-alike of the most fashionable street in Paris! Yes, although the same old glass tech building from outside, the interiors of Myntra’s office take you completely off-guard. Myntra’s Bangalore office has different floors dedicated to the iconic fashion brands, sports, fashion editors, and stylists. The colourful office has a cafeteria (snacks and beverages are free by the way!) and a sports cum entertainment zone equipped with snooker, table tennis, foosball, and courts for football and badminton! Oh, and did I mention the Myntra Premier League – their in-office cricket tournament?
Following the no-cubicle and no-hierarchy culture, Myntra offers creative freedom to its interns and takes even the smallest ideas into consideration. During the internship, you are assigned a mentor and tagged in respective teams across the company. You work side-by-side an employee of the company on specific projects which are critical to Myntra’s business. If your manager is impressed with your work, you are offered a pre-placement offer at Myntra!
Words of advice from ex-interns for your interview:
1. Stay updated with the recent events happening in the e-commerce industry and know Myntra’s products.
2. Be spontaneous and chill.
3. Don’t forget to ask relevant questions at the end – it helps in showcasing your enthusiasm and interest.
Already craving to decode what’s it like to work at India’s leading fashion portal? Toh tayyar ho jao! For a super cool summer internship at Myntra! For similar meaningful internships, register at Internshala and launch your career.