The Internshala Career Scholarship for Girls is an annual award of INR 25,000/- meant to help advance one girl’s career in her chosen field. Instituted in 2012, the inspiration for this scholarship lies in the sad coincidence that the Delhi rape victim’s (Nirbhaya case) struggle for life ended on the same day that Internshala celebrates its anniversary (29th December). The scholarship is meant to recognize a girl who has fought against odds to pursue a career of her dreams in any field (Academics, Sports, Arts etc.)
Internshala Career Scholarship for Girls 2019 – FAQs
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
Girls (Indian nationals) between the ages of 17 to 23 years (as of 31st December 2018), i.e. born between 1st January 1995 and 31st December 2001, with a career objective are eligible to apply.
What is the scholarship amount?
The scholarship is a one-time reward of INR 25,000/-.
What is the purpose of this scholarship?
The scholarship is meant to advance the girl’s career in some way – be it an allowance for pursuing an internship or undertaking a project in the chosen field, payment towards a specialized training program, special equipment, etc.
What are the selection criteria?
Your application will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- An element of fighting against odds – these can be financial, societal, physical handicap or anything that might have put obstacles in your path.
- An element of achievement – you must have done remarkably well in your chosen field, be it academics, sports, music or arts.
- An element of purpose – the purpose for which you will use the scholarship amount.
- An element of need – everything else being the same, the scholarship would be awarded to someone who is in greater financial need.
What is the application process?
The application process consists of three steps-
- Online form – Submission of application.
- Interview – A short-list for a telephonic interview would be announced and interviews would be conducted. You would be asked to furnish all necessary documents and proofs before the interview.
- Referee check – After the interview, your referee (provided in the form) would be contacted for verification, after which the final winner would be selected and announced.
How and when will the amount be paid?
Wherever possible, the amount will be paid directly towards the cause at the time of the need through the referee provided in the form.
What is the application deadline?
The application deadline for ICSG 2019 is 20th January.
When will the results be announced?
The results for ICSG-2019 will be announced by 2nd February.
How many candidates would be shortlisted for interview?
There is no lower or upper limit for the shortlist. We would shortlist as many deserving candidates as possible.
How would you verify the information provided by an applicant?
The shortlisted candidates would be required to furnish all necessary documents and proofs before the interview. After the interview, the referee would be contacted for verification.
Where can I see the list of previous winners?
How to apply for the scholarship?
Submit your entry in the form below. Click here if the form below does not load for some reason.
I have a question that is not answered here.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will hear from us shortly.
Internshala reserves the right to entries and to the final decision on the applications, evaluation, and selection process for this scholarship.