From humble beginnings in India as the manufacturers of refined and vegetable oil, today Western India Products (WIPRO) has expanded to six continents of the world. The company is known for its vast range of services in the field of consulting, management, analytics, etc. Apart from their myriad of services and products, Wipro also houses a humongous range of opportunities for interns. Let’s find out about the Wipro internships and the process of application.
What are the types of internships at Wipro and who can apply?
Wipro offers internships to students pursuing their bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration, commerce, law, computer science, and IT in Hyderabad, Chennai, Coimbatore, Pune, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Delhi NCR for a minimum period of 2 months. The applicants must have at least 60% on their academic cards to be eligible for a Wipro internship.
How to apply for Wipro internships?
1. Applying online – Internships- Wipro careers
Students in the final year of engineering can apply to the flagship program Elite. The assessment test for the same is conducted in the month of October.
2. Emailing the HR personnel – You can directly email your resume and cover letter to the HR executive of Wipro or connect with the employees on LinkedIn and ask them to refer you for the role.
3. College placement – Wipro hires from various engineering institutions like IITs, NITs, BITS, etc. Management interns are hired through WiSE (Wipro Summer’s Experience) from premier B-Schools.
What after applying to Wipro internships?
Wipro recruitment process is carried out in 3 steps – an aptitude round to evaluate a candidate’s analytical and reasoning skills, a technical round, and an HR round. Some of the sample questions asked in the technical round of Wipro interviews are:
1. What is a database management system?
2. What is Object-oriented programming? Explain polymorphism.
3. How would you remove duplicate elements in an array in Java?
4. What is big data analytics and why is it important in tracking defects?
5. What is the usage of volatile keyword in Java?
Sample questions asked in the HR round:
1. What are your weaknesses and how do you keep them in check?
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
3. Why should you be selected for the role?
4. Are you comfortable with relocation?
5. Give us an example where you showed perseverance.
6. What makes you unique?
What to expect from your internship at Wipro?
In one of his interviews, Azim Premji said, ‘I was raised to believe that values are more important than money’, and the work culture of Wipro is practically aligned with this statement. Post the induction ceremony, you’ll be briefed about the work culture and the project outlines by your mentor. On one side the mentors have a hands-on attitude to ensure that you make the best of the tenure while on the other side you’ll be given complete ownership of your job. Where your weekdays will be packed with real-time learning experiences, weekends will be an opportunity to explore philanthropy ventures carried out by the organization. Don’t fall behind the gaming and sports arena which has a plethora of options such as squash, tennis, cricket, badminton, etc. to choose from. Wipro is popularly known for its lush green campus and is also equipped with both exquisite eateries and modern gyms. And, last but not least, exceptional performance at the internship can always pave the way for a full-time role in the company.
Tips from ex-interns:
1. Candidates are expected to have a thorough understanding of their past projects and paper presentations, if any. Law students should brush up their skills of moot scenarios for the interview round.
2. Glance through the tips section on their website and explore the ‘6-Ps ‘ of an interview.
3. An impressive TopCoder and GitHub profiles gives the candidates an upper hand in the selection process.
If you’re looking for more intricate details of Wipro internships, dive in Sumana’s first corporate experience or read how Vishal learnt to evaluate market trends at Wipro.
Now that you have a crystal clear idea of the Wipro recruitment process, don’t fall behind in ‘Applying Thought’ and be a part of one of the leading conglomerate of India. Amplify your chances of being hired by top MNC’s by applying to some cool internships at Internshala. Give your career a flying start!