Kickstarting my career with multiple internships at start-ups and Samsung

About the author: Utkarsh Agarwal is a 3rd-year CSE student at Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore. He started interning at the end of his first year and shares how he scored an internship at Samsung this year.

In my first year at college, I saw some of my friends participating in hackathons and winning prizes. I found this quite exciting and decided to participate in them too. Since I had some spare time due to the lockdown in March, I started learning Flutter and started participating in hackathons from May onwards. However, I did not win any of them which demotivated me for a while. I thought that hackathons were not my cup of tea and started looking for other ways to use my skills. With the summer break approaching, I decided to look for internships. Another motivation behind pursuing internships was that my family’s financial condition was not good during the lockdown, and I could not afford to ask my parents for my overhead expenses. So, getting paid while gaining industry experience was a major driving factor.

I did a Google search to look for internships and came across Internshala through Quora. Moreover, one of my friends got an internship at Data Stats through Internshala, and he had a good experience. I applied to the same company for the position of a Flutter app development intern and got through. When I joined, the team was working on an app called ScanEase, which was a PDF application. This app was an alternative to Chinese applications that the Indian government had banned. They had already made a basic structure of the application, and my contribution was to work on image compression and enhancement through Dart plugins. I also worked with Google Drive and Dropbox integration and a business card feature. Once I completed this internship and had some experience in my resume, finding new internships became easier.

Next, I joined Investiture, which was a Fintech company. Their app, Mera-Advisor, had EMI and risk-based calculators. My task was to implement the logic behind these calculators through code to generate pie charts, bar graphs, and pdfs. I also worked on the front-end and back-end of their blog. Apart from this, I worked with the real-time chat feature in the app using web sockets.

Between internships, I was also working on projects and participating in competitions. One of the projects that I worked on along with some seniors was an application called Kisansewa. It was a Flutter application with machine learning integrated into it. We worked on a TensorFlow model which could detect plant diseases by scanning plant leaves. Other features in the app included giving farmers the option to rent tools from nearby farmers, showing agriculture news and displaying the weather forecast.

Having gained sufficient experience with Flutter, I decided to expand my skill set and started learning web development. After learning MERN stack, I worked on a project to create a video-calling app. Later, when I started applying for internships, I requested one of the employers to conduct an interview on this application. Based on this project and other internship experiences, I was able to land my next gig at Yatharth IAS, a Jaipur-based institute. This internship required me to dedicate 8 hours a day, but it turned out to be the best experience because I learned immensely. The company was transitioning into online learning due to the lockdown and building a website. In the first week, I customised an existing website on a website building site. After the first week, I worked on the institute’s website that they were building from scratch. Initially, I worked on the front-end with a designer. Next, I created RestAPIs through Node and worked on the student forum.

While interning here, I also participated in an on-campus placement by Samsung. The company was looking for research and development interns and only CSE students were eligible. The first screening took place through questions on data structures. There were three questions and we had an hour to solve them. I solved two questions and made it to the interview round. This round was a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

1. Why do you choose Flutter over React?
2. What are the challenges you faced during your projects?
3. What was your contribution to the group projects?

They also evaluated me based on my previous internship experiences. I cleared the interview round and was among the fifty selected students. In this internship, we are working on a read-aloud feature on Bixby, the Samsung virtual assistant. This feature would be especially useful for visually-impaired people who can ask Bixby to navigate to a URL and read a certain line or paragraph.

Do you want to give an early start to your career as well? Then, register on Internshala and flip open the opportunities!

181 thoughts on “Kickstarting my career with multiple internships at start-ups and Samsung

• June 11, 2022 at 4:16 PM

I found your article very informative. Thanks for shairing such an informative article. I have bookmarked your website for further posts.

• June 18, 2022 at 11:46 AM

Hey, nice information thanks for sharing this. I appreciate this blog.

• June 22, 2022 at 3:11 PM

Thank you for this very comprehensive and interesting article. I will definitely take a look at this. Extremely useful info I care for such info much.

• June 22, 2022 at 6:52 PM

Much obliged to you for this exceptionally far reaching and intriguing article. escorts maduras Moron

• June 28, 2022 at 11:13 AM

Most trusted Digital Marketing Company in India – Skyram Technologies
    Do you need more Leads & Sales? ✅ Skyram is an ROI driven digital agency offering: SEO, Facebook Ads & PPC to help grow sales! ☎️ Call +91 96744 44073! Digital Marketing Company.

• June 28, 2022 at 10:08 PM

An increasing number of industries are embracing the concept that artificial intelligence (AI) or robots will eventually replace human workers.

In view of the fact that artificial intelligence is presently being used to streamline content and support enterprises in their management efforts, the idea of AI tools taking the place of human authors is being seriously studied right now. AI technologies can do a wide range of tasks, including editing, research, proofreading, and publishing, in a fraction of the time it would take a person to do so

• June 28, 2022 at 10:10 PM

• June 30, 2022 at 6:25 PM

Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking.
    Chocolate chips

• July 1, 2022 at 6:40 PM

Very encouraging and informative post. Also, I like the layout of your blog. It’s simple yet very responsive. Thank you.

• July 5, 2022 at 2:07 AM

That companies like Samsung can allow society to carry out actions of this nature is undoubtedly something that should be highlighted. What joy!

• August 4, 2022 at 2:42 PM

RegisterKaro is an online business compliance platform that helps entrepreneurs and other individuals with various, registrations, tax filings and other legal matters.

• July 11, 2022 at 11:46 AM

Best practices for internship programs, including work assignments, orientation, housing and relocation, work arrangements, and managing the program. Apostille Services in Bangalore

• July 11, 2022 at 3:31 PM

Great Article
    minori

• July 14, 2022 at 9:31 PM

Interesting! Your article has proven useful to me. It’s very informative This really helped me a lot in saving my time. Keep Sharing such a post. Keep up the Good Work. Thanks for sharing!

• July 19, 2022 at 2:24 PM

Your willingness and ability to collaborate with other teams is something we can all learn from. Thank you for offering up your time to help others do their role better through sharing your knowledge, like sharing your insights with the sales team so they could better understand customer needs and why they love working with us.

Thanks Regarding !
    Gurukul Education

• July 19, 2022 at 9:24 PM

accountant in brisbane Outbooks is the flexible, reliable, low-cost outsourcing partner accountancy practices and small business partners internationally are connecting with in growing numbers to reduce costs

• July 23, 2022 at 10:45 AM

Cheap Price With Quality Service And Instant
    Delivery From SMM Executor. SMM Executor is a powerful SMM panel
    that delivers real, stable, instant results. We guarantee it for
    life. Immediately. Never a drop. Customer support available 24/7.

• July 25, 2022 at 10:18 AM

Welcome To Pinoy Channel and watch Pinoy Tambayan TV Lambingan Replay Latest Pinoy TV Show Live and Pinoy Tambayan Replay online Free

• July 25, 2022 at 11:53 AM

I recently found that commenting on related blogs is useful for ranking or promoting but often my comments started going in spams after reading this article it seems like I got direction how to post As A Sexologist Dr. Hitesh Shah

• July 25, 2022 at 2:02 PM

hi, I am new here! but I have a lot of experience in business. If you want to collaborate please visit our site and send me a good proposal. visit:- kathi roll

• July 29, 2022 at 1:25 AM

PT BOLA Situs bandar bola atau agen bola resmi yang dihadirkan secara online untuk bermain judi bola online.

• August 9, 2022 at 3:03 PM

El estudio ‘Reinvención de la industria del entretenimiento en la era de la Transformación Digital’ detecta el surgimiento de los ‘prosummers’, consumidores y productores de contenido. El analista en transformación digital y director del Máster en Transformación Digital e Innovación de Inesdi, Luis Miguel Garay, quien firma el estudio, analiza la relación entre la tecnología digital y el entretenimiento en la cuarta revolución industrial, prestando atención al impacto en el ámbito corporativo

• August 13, 2022 at 8:58 PM

Urdu captions are one of the most significant and effective methods to captivate one’s audience. It can be used to express thoughts in a very creative way, for social updates, quotes or anything that requires a few creative ideas. Urdu captions have the ability to make everything seem so much more original and meaningful for those who are reading it.

• August 15, 2022 at 8:12 PM

En un entorno de aversión al riesgo, muchas personas tienen monedas estables y buscan un rendimiento de bajo riesgo para su capital. Bybit, con su compromiso con la seguridad de clase mundial, un fondo de seguros y un servicio al cliente 24 horas al día, 7 días a la semana en varios idiomas, es una opción popular para los inversores que buscan obtener rendimiento de sus monedas estables.

• August 15, 2022 at 10:59 PM

Noticias y novedades sobre el mundo. Economía, empresas, actualidad, sociedad – somospaisa

• August 17, 2022 at 3:28 PM

thanks for share your excellent knowledge with us , i will appreciate you ,keep rocking

• August 20, 2022 at 12:25 AM

Noticias y novedades sobre el mundo. Economía, empresas, actualidad, sociedad – Política de privacidad. © Copyright Todos los derechos reservados

• August 22, 2022 at 12:42 PM

Thanks for keeping it up to date with the latest.
    So not really on the same topic as your post, but I found this today and I just cant resist sharing.
    Best uk visa consultant

• August 25, 2022 at 5:34 PM

This is the best different website compare to another website

• August 26, 2022 at 3:11 AM

Thanks you posting a nice post about this topic.

• August 26, 2022 at 4:51 PM

Thank you for this great article. Keep up the great work!

• August 31, 2022 at 2:38 PM

WorkforceNext is a multifunctional Employee Workforce Tracking Software for time tracking, automated timesheet & monitoring workforce & fieldforce. We are a next-gen SaaS based Workforce Management Suite for SMEs with cutting edge office, remote & field staff management module.

• August 31, 2022 at 2:39 PM

In this article, we will discuss Ruchika Kapoor age, boyfriend, marital status, family, height, net worth, and her entire biography and facts.

• September 2, 2022 at 4:06 PM

Amrij the beauty brand and best cosmetics products seller offers lip gloss for making the lips smooth and glowing in parties and functions. Make your lips healthy and better with amrij cosmetics.

• September 8, 2022 at 8:33 PM

Welcome to Trophy Monster, the online store for the champion in all of us such as Longest Drive Golf Trophies, Engraved Business Glass Awards – Trophy Monster, Boxing Trophies, Halloween | Trophy Monster, Medal Boxes – Trophy Monster, Chess Trophies, Winner Trophies – Cheap Trophies Uk | Trophy Monster for events of all kinds, from grassroots sports clubs to corporate events. Add your own logo, select from our range of ribbons, and get your trophies custom-engraved with FREE engraving. To add your own monster’s touch, submit your artwork for awards that look exactly the way you want them to – whether that’s custom glass awards or your very own acrylic trophy design.
    We carry a large selection of corporate awards, ranging from bespoke glass trophies to engraved hip flasks and clocks – and don’t hesitate to get your company logo inserted free of charge. Trophy Monster specializes in football trophies and golf trophies, making sure to offer options for more sports than any other UK trophy retailer – whether that’s awards for basketball, dancing, canoeing, Gaelic football, or dozens more. Schools can reward each of their students with engraved trophies that include the school crest with FREE logo insertion. Order at any time for trophies sent across the UK and the EU.
    Please Visit our website: https://trophymonster.com/

• September 9, 2022 at 4:14 AM

elinformado
    elinformado – Política de privacidad. © Copyright – Todos los derechos reservados

• September 10, 2022 at 3:40 PM

Thanks for sharing the details. I simply wish to let you understand that I really looked into your site and also I found it fascinating and useful. visit us : Badri Kedar Blog

• September 12, 2022 at 7:35 PM

Welcome to a world where breathtaking views of Land, Sea, and Air glorifying nature’s beauty come together with the soothing melodies of Scott Huckabay’s masterful understanding of musical frequencies. Arrive with a desire for peaceful serenity and walk away with the ambition to Love All There Is.
    Please like, subscribe, and share to help support this new Scott Huckabay channel. Thank you!

• September 13, 2022 at 12:52 PM

There are always amazing sale on brands on the Ndure website, bringing amazing footwear and apparel.

• September 14, 2022 at 1:52 PM

Kangaroo Kids

Keywords –
    Best Play school in Ghaziabad https://kangarookidsgzb.in/
    play school in ghaziabad
    best preschool in ghaziabad
    play school in Raj Nagar

• September 16, 2022 at 5:05 PM

I really like reading the above article because it covers everything in detail. The post is also quite engaging and effective.

• September 17, 2022 at 8:39 AM

Interior design cost in Bangladesh is not fixed. It depends on many factors such as project scope, Project location, Luxury level, Quality and quantity of furnishing, Reputation of the interior design company, Time to complete your project, and many other factors. In this blog, we will share with you some important factors that will affect your interior design cost in Bangladesh.

• September 19, 2022 at 5:02 PM

absolutely appreciate this astonishing say that you have furnished for us. I guarantee this would be useful for most the people we have an online store. shopmore.pk

• September 20, 2022 at 10:34 AM

super information’s thanks fro sharing this wonderfull content it is very helpful for me thanks

• September 26, 2022 at 1:27 AM

Bingo Tingo Canva Provides Tech Tips, Tricks, Tutorials, Informative Kenba Articles, Gaming, Blogging, Life Hacks bingotingo canva & Envato Elements.

• September 26, 2022 at 10:47 PM

A personal trainer can also give you guidance on proper form and technique for different exercises. This is especially important for weightlifting and other strength-training movements. Doing these exercises with incorrect form can lead to injuries. Read more at https://nielsenfitness.com/

• September 28, 2022 at 3:44 PM

this is pretty good content that this website is posted.this is very useful content that will help in increasing knowledge and skill and if anybody have interest best deccanera

• October 1, 2022 at 10:19 PM

Noticias y novedades sobre el mundo. Economía, empresas, actualidad, sociedad

• October 4, 2022 at 12:42 PM

You made my day by posting such a fantastic essay. I’d like to come back here.

• October 6, 2022 at 11:37 AM

Excellent articles. Waiting for more contents.

• October 6, 2022 at 6:10 PM

We’ve been providing high quality shade sail and waterproof tensile canopies to tradeand residential clients for 30 years. We manufacture a wide variety of bespoke covers and canopies, specifically designed and built to fit your structure. We can fabricate a bespoke custom size, shape and colour canopy.We offer a complete end to end solution, including design, manufacture,installation and full project management.

• October 9, 2022 at 2:00 AM

confines

confines – Política de privacidad. © Copyright – Todos los derechos reservados

• October 10, 2022 at 10:02 AM

OMNICHANNEL CUSTOMER EXPERIENCES
    We enable you to target the right message at the right time to the right audience and drive growth across Omnichannel networks. With the number of channels evolving faster than ever the current approach is redundant. To plan & deploy with stealth a new kind of thinking is required. A plan that converges everything into a singular funnel to measure effectivness across omnichannel touchpoints and deliver impact.

• October 12, 2022 at 11:48 AM

Very nice blog

• October 12, 2022 at 12:29 PM

Safety Culture HSE: Do you want to learn how to take care of your own mental health and support the mental wellbeing of your employees? British Safety Council’s ‘Manage the conversation’ course will provide line managers with the skills and confidence to listen to and talk with someone who feels that they need to share a problem regarding their mental health. To know more, visit on website:

• October 13, 2022 at 11:30 AM

Thanks a lot for the kind of perfect topic I have not a lot of information about it but I have got an extra unique info in your unique post.

• October 13, 2022 at 5:17 PM

Thanks for sharing such an informative article.

• October 20, 2022 at 2:36 AM

diariodecapital

diariodecapital – Política de privacidad. © Copyright – Todos los derechos reservados

• October 20, 2022 at 2:37 AM

periodicoprincipal
    periodicoprincipal – Política de privacidad. © Copyright – Todos los derechos reservados

• October 20, 2022 at 2:37 AM

extracolumna
    extracolumna – Política de privacidad. © Copyright – Todos los derechos reservados

• October 28, 2022 at 8:50 PM

altavozchile – Política de privacidad. © Copyright – Todos los derechos reservados altavozchile

• October 28, 2022 at 8:50 PM

diariopurochile – Política de privacidad. © Copyright – Todos los derechos reservados
    diariopurochile

• October 28, 2022 at 8:52 PM

meganoticiaschile
    meganoticiaschile – Política de privacidad. © Copyright – Todos los derechos reservados

• October 29, 2022 at 5:23 PM

The New York Times offers a mini crossword puzzle each day for fans of the paper’s iconic puzzle. The mini is smaller in size and easier to complete than the regular crossword, making it perfect for a quick break during the day. Today’s mini crossword is available now at nytimes.com/mini. nyt mini crossword today

• November 1, 2022 at 2:19 PM

incontinence treatment in san diego

Daniel Hardman is a professional surgeon based in San Diego, specializing in medical spa, laser hair removal, Brazilian butt lifts, and fat transfer to buttocks , vaginal dryness lubrication, moisturizer for dry vulva, female incontinence treatment,

• November 8, 2022 at 2:42 PM

I have read your blog.it is super amazing. we have a sane website as you are suggesting to people

• November 8, 2022 at 7:04 PM

thank you for share .

• November 9, 2022 at 2:32 PM

While the procedure is mostly standardized, slight variances in how much the O shot cost in san diego is prepared and injected can alter the final cost. However, most women can expect to pay between $1,500–$2,000 for their individual O shot.

• November 9, 2022 at 2:33 PM

• November 10, 2022 at 1:34 PM

Thanks for sharing an informative blog

• November 11, 2022 at 10:25 AM

We offer impactful mobile app development services to bring your project to market on every device and platform. Talk to our mobile app experts today

• November 11, 2022 at 5:48 PM

Noticias y novedades sobre el mundo. Economía, empresas, actualidad, sociedad portavozchile

• November 11, 2022 at 5:48 PM

Noticias y novedades sobre el mundo. Economía, empresas, actualidad, sociedad economiainteligente

• November 12, 2022 at 1:10 PM

With Pretty Petals web storedo amazing Valentine Day Gift Delivery in India . Even after being delivered to my GF’s home in Patna, the fondant cake and the pink roses bouquet maintained their balance and appeal. Beautiful selection of Valentine’s Day flowers and cakes. Will recommend the good work to everyone I know.
    —- Pritesh, Bhavnagar

• November 16, 2022 at 1:43 AM

it is very best site

• November 19, 2022 at 6:37 PM

The kathi is a neatly wrapped dish of meats and vegetables that have been marinated in a special blend of hand-ground spices.
    kathi rolls Noida

• November 21, 2022 at 11:43 AM

Top and best hospital in Kolkata | Best Care | Eskag Sanjeevani

Eskag Sanjeevani hospital is among one of the top multispecialty hospitals in Kolkata offering 24X7 service across all disciplines through renowned doctors.

For more info-https://eskagsanjeevani.com/

• November 26, 2022 at 12:50 AM

cake and the pink roses bouquet maintained their balance and appeal. Beautiful selection of Valentine’s Day flowers and cakes. Will recommend the good work to everyone I know.digitalestrella

• November 28, 2022 at 11:45 AM

Really good information, The best consultant for abroad studies. The only company who knows about all main countries including entire europe. Highly recommended to others for their dream career. The best part is the accommodation, online virtual personalised coaching and scholarship services. Thanks team admissify. Sign Up: https://www.admissify.com Download Admissify App & Get Started

• November 28, 2022 at 5:55 PM

A good appreciation for sales operations is frequently developed when professional service organizations expand. Sales operations provide a more predictable, less reactive environment that gives them greater control over their course, allowing them to uphold their message and be more selective about the worthwhile work they undertake. Some Sales Operations Best Practices will help you land the jobs you want if you’re starting to warm up to the concept of sales.

• November 29, 2022 at 3:50 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience with us jackets of wool maybe it is helpful for someone thanks, dear.

• November 30, 2022 at 10:57 AM

Espiritu Emprendedor
    Espiritu Emprendedor – Política de privacidad © Copyright. Todos los derechos reservados.

• November 30, 2022 at 10:58 AM

Diario Independiente
    Diario Independiente – Política de privacidad © Copyright. Todos los derechos reservados.

• November 30, 2022 at 10:58 AM

Alerta Mexico
    Alerta Mexico – Política de privacidad © Copyright. Todos los derechos reservados.

• November 30, 2022 at 1:10 PM

Get audio visual classroom solution from Sigma AVIT. A well known in AV industry providing AV services from last 4 decades.

• December 1, 2022 at 6:56 PM

Great blog and great content.
    Hire a Full-Stack web developer . We assembled a team of incredibly talented WordPress, BuddyPress & LMS developers to work exclusively on custom projects.

• December 1, 2022 at 7:50 PM

PrensaInforma – Última hora sobre las noticia y actualidad más relevante de los negocios de Chile PI

• December 1, 2022 at 7:50 PM

Confines – Periódicos y noticias

• December 2, 2022 at 5:37 PM

Urban Roti is the North Indian style Restaurant familiar in Singapore. We do catering also. Our services in catering like barbeque catering and all food catering.

• December 2, 2022 at 5:38 PM

The most Luxurious Hotel in Perambalur, Rakesh Park Inn offers you a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Book now and receive attractive offers.

• December 2, 2022 at 5:40 PM

Universal Computer Service is Singapore’s Best Laptop and Desktop Repair Shop. We also provide used computers, laptops and Accessories. Buy online now.

• December 3, 2022 at 3:24 PM

we offer single sessions of full head and body massage, aroma oil massage, herbal cream massage, herbal face massage, Ayurveda facial, anti-aging face treatment, Shirodhara, head massage, head, neck and shoulder massage, Nasyam, Spine care treatment, Kateevasthi, leg massage, foot care treatment, and herbal steam. best Ayurvedic treatment in Kochi and Kerala

• December 4, 2022 at 4:29 PM

I really enjoy this blog keep it up.

• December 5, 2022 at 1:32 PM

All our Home improvement projects related to Canopies and awnings begin with the safety factor. This is one of the reasons why we are offering the option of future inspections and maintenance of your shades canopies as per your requirement after the installation.

• December 6, 2022 at 7:26 AM

Great information. I liked your content. Thank you, dear. Do not hesitate to provide more.

• December 6, 2022 at 7:26 AM

This is really cool. I benefited a lot.

• December 6, 2022 at 7:27 AM

You deserve thanks for what you do.

• December 6, 2022 at 7:27 AM

Very nice what you are doing.

• December 7, 2022 at 5:23 PM

Now, he’s lost 94% of his wealth after the companies he founded, FTX and Alameda Research, went bankrupt. Bankman-Fried faces multiple investigations amid allegations that he misused customer funds.

• December 10, 2022 at 10:26 AM

I would like to thank you for sharing this interesting information. I appreciate reading it.