Internshala Career Scholarship for Girls is an annual award of ₹25,000/- intended to help advance one girl’s career in her chosen field. Instituted in 2012, the scholarship commemorates the tragic coincidence of Nirbhaya’s (Delhi rape victim) loss of life on the same day as Internshala celebrates its anniversary (29th December). The scholarship is meant to recognise a girl who has fought against odds that restrained her from pursuing the career of her dreams in any field (academics, sports, arts, etc.).
Internshala Career Scholarship for Girls 2023 — FAQs
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
Girls (Indian nationals) between the ages of 17 to 23 years (as of 31st December 2022), i.e., born between 1st January 1999 and 31st December 2005 with a career objective are eligible to apply.
What is the scholarship amount?
The scholarship is a one-time reward of ₹25,000/-.
What is the purpose of this scholarship?
The scholarship is meant to advance the girl’s career in some way be it an allowance for pursuing an internship, undertaking a project in her chosen field, or payment towards a specialised training program, special equipment, etc.
What are the selection criteria?
Your application once submitted will be evaluated on the following parameters:
- An element of fighting against odds – these can be financial, societal, physical disability, or anything that might have put obstacles in your path.
- An element of achievement – you must have done remarkably well in your chosen field, be it academics, sports, music, or arts.
- An element of purpose – the purpose for which you will use the scholarship amount.
- An element of need – everything else being the same, the scholarship would be awarded to someone who is in greater financial need.
What is the application process?
The application process consists of three steps:
- Online form – Submission of application.
- Interview – Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a telephonic interview and personal interviews will be conducted. You will be asked to furnish all the necessary documents and proofs before the interview.
- Referee check – After the interview, your referee (provided in the form) will be contacted for verification, after which the final winner will be selected and announced.
Who all can be my referee?
You can give the details of the dean/principal/director, head of the department, professor of your college if you are a student or the head of the organisation (CEO, team lead, manager, etc.) if you are a working professional.
How and when will the amount be paid?
The amount will be paid directly towards the cause, at the time of the need, through the referee provided in the form.
What is the application deadline?
The application deadline for ICSG 2023 is 15th January 2023.
When will the results be announced?
The results for ICSG 2023 will be announced by 1st February 2023.
How many candidates would be shortlisted for the interview?
There is no lower or upper limit for the shortlist. We would shortlist as many deserving candidates as possible.
How would you verify the information provided by an applicant?
The shortlisted candidates will be required to furnish all necessary documents and proofs before the interview. After the interview, the referees will be contacted for verification.
How to apply for the scholarship?
Submit your entry in the form below. Click here if you can’t access the form below for some reason.
Where can I see the list of previous winners?
I have a question that is not answered here.
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch with us at +91-9654793181 with your queries and we will be happy to assist you.
Internshala reserves the right to entries and to the final decision on the applications, evaluation, and selection process for this scholarship.