How to get an internship at Siemens

how-to-get-an-internship-at-siemensYou may have stumbled upon this article while searching for internships in Siemens. Headquartered in Berlin and Munich, this German company is the largest engineering company in Europe. Siemens summer internship is highly valued by students all over the world.

What are the types of internships available at Siemens and who are eligible to apply?
It has dedicated internship programs for undergraduates and postgraduates of mainly mechanical, electrical, and industrial engineering along with those pursuing business administration. Siemens India internship generally lasts for a period of 2-6 months depending on the availability of students. Interns are hired for the different divisions of Siemens according to their profiles.

How to apply?
Interested students can apply through following methods:
1. Online application:
You need to register on the company website after which you can search for and apply to available internship opportunities.

2. Campus recruitment:
Siemens visits selected colleges across India for hiring interns. Get in touch with your college placement coordinator for arranging a campus visit.

3. Mailing the HR executive:
Find a previous/current Siemens employee/intern and ask her to provide you the HR’s email address. Mail the HR directly clearly stating your purpose, with a strong cover letter and resume.

4. Through a referral:
If you know someone who works at Siemens, ask her to provide you a referral. You can even find some employees through Facebook or LinkedIn for this.

What after Applying?
Students are asked to either submit their resume while applying online or to send hard copies to the Siemens office where they wish to intern. Students are initially shortlisted on the basis of their CGPA, skills, and past projects.

This is followed by a telephonic interview which lasts for 30-45 minutes. It’s not stringent and focuses on the willingness to learn. Examples:
• Tell us about yourself. Are you comfortable in relocating?
• What are your strongest technical areas?
• Why should you be hired for this role?
During college visits, the telephonic round is replaced by a general aptitude test which contains questions based on logical reasoning, verbal reasoning, arithmetic aptitude, and data interpretation.

This is followed by a face to face interview which consists of both technical and HR questions. Technical questions mostly pertain to the individual projects which you had done in the past. Other questions include:
• You are given a block of metal, let’s say cast iron. What would you do with it? You have all the necessary processes available to you.
• What are the different types of gears? Which one is the least efficient?
•Questions on the basics of microprocessor, communication & embedded systems, algorithms & data structures, and various manufacturing techniques.
• What problems did you face during your past projects and how did you overcome them?

HR questions are mainly focused on your behavioral competency with the company. Examples:
• Why do you want to join Siemens?
• What are the joint ventures in which Siemens is involved?
• Describe a time when you made a bad decision and what did you learn from that experience?
• What are your career goals and how will this internship fit into that?

Once the internship starts, every intern is assigned a mentor. One week of free accommodation is also provided to outstation candidates. Siemens gives a stipend of 20-25K/month to interns and it varies across profiles. Other perks include free lunch and snacks, car facilities, flexible work hours, facilities for indoor and outdoor games, and a gym.

Word of advice from ex-interns:
Open work culture: All the interns are treated like important members of the company. Top management is easy to approach and interns get a chance to gain hands-on experience on important projects. However, Siemens does hire a lot of interns and some interns have to suffice with less important projects and teams.

Getting placed: An internship at Siemens is the best way to get your foot in the door and improves your chances of landing a full-time job. The PPO depends on your performance during the internship and your mentor’s reviews. You may also be asked to sit for a technical interview.

A couple of pro-tips:
• The interviewers focus on your problem-solving skills. The way you think is more important than arriving at a right answer. So, talk with them while you are solving as they want to know how you arrive at a solution.
• Go through your resume and past projects carefully as most of the questions asked stem from them.
• Do your research about the company beforehand. When asked questions like ‘why Siemens’, link your answers to your future goals. Don’t just spout facts and figures to prove how great you think the company is.
• To prepare for the aptitude test, you can go through this Q&A site.

You can also read about Piyush’s experience of doing a Siemens engineering internship and how Kritika successfully completed her Siemens internship program at Dubai.

Are you dreaming about making a career in the field of engineering? Check out these similar engineering internships and start your professional journey. If you have done an internship at Siemens and have something to add, we would love to hear; please comment below.

Image credits: thehindubusinessline.com

35 thoughts on “How to get an internship at Siemens

• June 17, 2017 at 5:28 PM

I have completed my graduation this year and I want internship in your company for 1 year. What is the procedure for applying for internship?

• July 13, 2017 at 4:05 PM

Hi Apurva,

Thank you for writing in. Please refer to the article and read about how to apply and how you can secure an interview.

Regards,

• July 16, 2017 at 10:12 PM

Hiii sir…
    I’m aaisha n I had finished my b.sc radiography now doing as ct scan technician and want to join Siemens company plz leave a reply as soon as possible.
    Thanku

• July 19, 2017 at 4:21 PM

Hi Aaishabegum,

Regards,

• November 9, 2017 at 1:36 PM

Hello, my name is Vaibhav Kekatpure and i am currently pursuing Electronics Engineering. Please tell me how did you secure an project internship in Siemens company for 6 months. I am asking this because, as per the this article HR mail and online application doesn’t hlpe me. please give me the suitable way to get internship.

Thank You.

• December 5, 2017 at 8:22 AM

Hello I am ankush Sharma I had finished my bsc. In cardiac technology from dayananad medical collage… Now I wanna join siemens plz tell me how to apply…

• December 8, 2017 at 11:54 AM

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for writing in.
      You may refer the career page of Siemens at this link-n https://www.siemens.com/…/company/jobs/search-careers.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

• December 19, 2017 at 10:53 PM

Hi sir

I have a doubt whether applying through the online procedure as well as sending the email for the internship to the HR, can act in a negative way??
    PS: Currently I am a sophomore in IIT-DELHI in Electrical Engineering with a 9+ CPI.

• January 3, 2018 at 5:10 PM

Hello, I am Jayanth Dolai currently pursuing major in Computer Science Engineering and minor in Management Studies Can I apply for management intern?. Please tell me because I am interested in working as an intern in Siemens for 2 months.

Thank You.

• February 6, 2018 at 10:29 AM

Hi Jayanth,

Apologies for the delay in response.
      We don’t have any information regarding this. Please visit their official career page for details.

Thanks~ Unnatti

• January 3, 2018 at 8:38 PM

Hello, I am Deepak Gupta persuing final year now in mechanical branch from mumbai. I am interested to do an internship at siemens. Please keep me in contact with seimens internship news.

• February 6, 2018 at 10:28 AM

Hi Deepak,

Apologies for the delay in response.

Thanks~ Unnatti

• February 3, 2018 at 1:22 PM

I’m currently studying mechanical engineering 3rd year and willing to do internship at Siemens.What are the areas that l should be focusing on and what skills do they prefer?

• February 6, 2018 at 10:28 AM

Hi Pravin,

Thanks~ Unnatti

• February 13, 2018 at 5:15 PM

i currently got an invitation for an internship from Siemens Manufacturing Conglomerate Company.
    Firstly they told me to make a U.K health insurance and transfer them money but when i stumbled on the internet to search for the company based In the U.K i couldn’t find anything.I’m not sure if this is either a scheme or it’s the company themselves.

Thanks,

Ioannis

• February 16, 2018 at 3:53 PM

Hi Ioannis,

I’d suggest that you do not apply to it if they’re charging you money for an internship. Siemens does not charge anything from its interns. Also, the organisation has a standard internship procedure, so until and unless you have applied to an internship in Siemens, it seems like a fake email.

Please make sure you do not apply for it without doing a proper research about the employer. You may also get in touch with the HR of Siemens for details and inform them about this.

Thanks~ Unnatti

• March 11, 2018 at 4:54 PM

Sir I want do a Internship in This summer….How to apply??? Kindly Help me to do the needfull

• October 30, 2018 at 3:01 PM

Your company so..good.iwant the joined.

• October 30, 2018 at 3:06 PM

Hello sir ,my self Pankaj Mazhi I am ITI holder and current job in Bhopal mandideep company p&g by contrector electrician in depart of Bharat electricall sir I want joined simence so…plz..tell me now.

• October 31, 2018 at 10:26 AM

Hi Pankaj,

We do not have any information regarding internships at Siemens currently. You may visit their official careers page for details.

Thanks~ Stelin

• November 17, 2018 at 2:14 PM

Hi
    I have completed my graduation in this year i want internship in your company for 1 year. what is the procedure to applying for internship.

• November 20, 2018 at 6:25 PM

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for writing in.

For internships, please register on Internshala here – http://bit.ly/new-registration. Once you’ve registered and logged into your account, you may click on the ‘Internships’ button on your dashboard to view all the internships available on the platform. You can filter internships according to your preference.

Thanks~ Ankit

• December 11, 2018 at 11:33 AM

Hey,
    Thank you for providing this information..Siemens is dream company for every electrical engineer and this will very useful for getting internship in this company..thank you once again for this blog

• December 15, 2018 at 9:01 PM

Hi I have completed msc computer I need internship in the siemens

• January 2, 2019 at 12:23 AM

Hi Ranganath,

Thank you for writing in.

I am afraid, currently, we do not have any internship at Siemens available on our platform. Please visit their official career page for related information.

Thanks~ Ankit

• March 9, 2019 at 9:49 PM

Hello, my name is Anusha Sai Chowdary and i am currently pursuing Electronics &communication Engineering. Please tell me how i want to do project internship in Siemens company for 1month. please give me the suitable way to get internship.

Thank You.

• March 18, 2019 at 10:55 AM

Hi Anusha,

I am afraid we do not have any internships at Siemens currently available on our platform. Please visit their official careers page for related information.

Thanks~ Batool

• March 13, 2019 at 4:45 PM

It’s great post. Good information about internship at siemens that helpful for me

• April 29, 2019 at 9:19 PM

Hello sir my name is vinit sharma I m persuing diploma in electrical engineering and this is completed in 2019 May .
    And currently m doing INTERNSHIP about plc scada slc hmi moter drive with sofcon inda pvt LTD. I want to internship in your company for one year . What is the procedure for apply for internship. Thank you

• April 30, 2019 at 9:42 AM

Hi Vinit,

Please refer to the above article for the relevant information.

Thanks~ Batool

• June 28, 2019 at 7:52 PM

HI, I am sindhiya. Im currently pursuing Electronics and instrumentation engineering . Im willing to do intership at simens during summer

• July 2, 2019 at 7:18 PM

Hi Sindhiya,

Thank you for writing in.

We do not have any current information regarding internships at Siemens. Please visit their careers page for more information.

Thanks. :)

• October 17, 2019 at 9:26 PM

Hi , i am Manjunath ,
    I have completed my B.E CSE Engineering graduation in year 2016. i want internship in your company for 1 year. what is the procedure to applying for internship.

Thanks,,,